Pages: 1 ... 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1200090 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7680 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 11:55:48 »

I had mine on Monday and felt fine, no side-effects at all. Although the signal on my phone's improved enormously
Do you have the compelling urge to buy Microsoft products?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7681 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 12:06:59 »

Do you have the compelling urge to buy Microsoft products?
I'll let you know when I've restarted after I've installed this service pack (and the 48 associated patches)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7682 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 12:12:58 »

I'll let you know when I've restarted after I've installed this service pack (and the 48 associated patches)
I don't expect to hear from you in the next 2 days....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #7683 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 12:22:27 »

Some big festivals are still planning to go ahead this year. What could go wrong.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #7684 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 12:33:12 »

Some big festivals are still planning to go ahead this year. What could go wrong.
We do need to come out of this at some stage though. We have to bite the bullet at some point and start allowing businesses to put these events on
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #7685 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 12:46:01 »

We do need to come out of this at some stage though. We have to bite the bullet at some point and start allowing businesses to put these events on
It's a difficult balancing act but I feel this year is too soon. Once most are vaccinated makes better sense to me. Something like reading is a perfect breeding ground to spread the virus far and wide.
Agree though at some stage we've got to say fuck it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7686 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 12:57:56 »

I had mine on Monday and felt fine, no side-effects at all. Although the signal on my phone's improved enormously

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7687 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 13:13:05 »

It's a difficult balancing act but I feel this year is too soon. Once most are vaccinated makes better sense to me. Something like reading is a perfect breeding ground to spread the virus far and wide.
Reading as traditionally done maybe. But there's loads of festivals (well some) that have been done across the world in the last year with pods or cubicles to keep different groups separate and given the lower risk of transmission outdoors, if you take out the cramming together in a crowd, you could do an outdoor festival with distancing at minimal risk. Probably less risk than going to an indoor supermarket

Agree though at some stage we've got to say fuck it.
That's the last thing we should do. We tried that last summer and it was catastrophic.
Flashheart

« Reply #7688 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 13:13:26 »

I think that time should come when hospitals are unlikely to become overloaded. When that is, I have no idea.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7689 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 13:26:01 »

Well hospital admissions and deaths are lowest they have been for months

Cases numbers have levelled off a bit on last week or but people aren’t getting as seriously ill as they once were
Flashheart

« Reply #7690 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 13:30:03 »

Well hospital admissions and deaths are lowest they have been for months

...because restrictions are in place?

Where would they be without these restrictions? I think "a fuck-ton higher" is not an unreasonable assumption.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #7691 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 13:30:25 »

Not sure if I am missing something here or not. Firstly, Reading is on the bank holiday weekend in August, 5 months away. By that point all adults will have, at the very least, been offered a jab. Most will have had both. Secondly, Reading festival is predominantly attended by the age ranges which, generally, are not affected too badly by the virus. Granted they will likely be mixing with more vulnerable age ranges afterwards, but those people should have some level of protection by then. Thirdly, the entire place absolutely stinks of teenage bedrooms and human shite, I can't imagine that any virus could survive there.

The info coming out of Israel, where almost everything is open now, is really positive (or should that be negative?).
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #7692 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 13:42:57 »

Exactly, we are not talking next week here. Nearly half a year away
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7693 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 13:57:26 »

I bought my son a reading ticket. I'll confirm him to the garage door 2 weeks after if it helps
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7694 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 14:29:03 »

It's in 5 months time when everyone that is at risk should have been vaccinated... We've constantly been told that the vaccination programme is the way out of this so if it's not safe for this type of event once everyone has been vaccinated when exactly will it be?

The virus isn't just going to disappear, so if cases escalate after the vaccination programme it won't be due to events such as Reading it will be an inherent problem with the whole strategy towards the virus and the reliance on the vaccine which will result in tough decisions needing to be made.... 

There was lots of rhetoric about schools going back being a stupid idea but ultimately that has had little to no impact on case rates and hospital numbers are continuing to fall to the extent the NHS want to or have downgraded to level 3 now.

Hopefully over the coming months the treatments from SNG, interferon etc get signed off as ultimately if the virus can be treated and has minimal death rate case rates will no longer be much of an issue as you'll have broken the link between case numbers and deaths.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: