Pages: 1 ... 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1205748 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7590 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 19:21:13 »

Was not aware of either of those things, thanks. Really hope this doesn’t create distrust of the vaccine. I’d still get it in a heartbeat

I think they will probably just put it in your arm though I reckon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7591 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 19:22:14 »

Ooh, I wonder which vaccine I'm getting tomorrow?  Eek
Hunk

« Reply #7592 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 19:27:54 »

I think they will probably just put it in your arm though I reckon.

Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7593 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:36:36 »

looks like supply issues are about to hit the UK in April.

so it's over 40s probably won't be done until may Sad

The supply system is apparently all over the place at the moment, there was a surge last week as an unexpected batch was received with short expiry dates (which rather suggests that it was intended for elsewhere previously but then redirected to the UK) now some Trusts are not sure what they are getting or when.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7594 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:38:19 »

The decision amongst some EU countries to suspend the Oxford vaccine has left me completely and utterly baffled. From what I understand the number of blood clots amongst the millions who have been vaccinated is, if anything, less than you would expect amongst a random sample of the same size who haven’t had the vaccine. Anybody have any idea the rationale behind this as I’m thoroughly stumped.

This is a pretty good summary https://twitter.com/kakape/status/1372315648894844940?s=20
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7595 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:12:18 »

The supply system is apparently all over the place at the moment, there was a surge last week as an unexpected batch was received with short expiry dates (which rather suggests that it was intended for elsewhere previously but then redirected to the UK) now some Trusts are not sure what they are getting or when.
TBF that was always going to be the case with a set of new vaccines that have been rushed into production all over the world. There were always going to be hiccups in supply, especially as demand massively outstrips availability. We're in a better position than most, having been in a position (i.e. rich enough) to pre-buy stocks
normy

Ignore
« Reply #7596 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 15:00:37 »

The ONS has asked us to have blood tests every month for the next year, besides the swab tests research we're on. I don't fancy it, a lot of messing about and  pricking your finger(s)  to get 0.5 ml in a vial, warning of sore fingers and having to prick more than one, and my blood clots very easily. ( I can't give blood properly via cannula.) I'll let Mrs Normy do it as she's very keen and is a trained nurse.

ust be the oldest
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7597 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 15:28:50 »

I have a query.

Greece is opening up to tourists in May, come what may, if they have the green vaccine card.

Has it been determined yet that people who are vaccinated cannot still be carriers/transmitters of Covid?

Ignore
« Reply #7598 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 15:53:41 »

Pretty fucked off that my vaccine will now be delayed as I'm in the 40's bracket. Also Hancock's bare faced lying when he said there won't be a delay. Some of us have worked non stop the last year and want our fucking vaccine asap.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7599 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 15:55:36 »

I have a query.

Greece is opening up to tourists in May, come what may, if they have the green vaccine card.

Has it been determined yet that people who are vaccinated cannot still be carriers/transmitters of Covid?
there have been some suggestions it reduces transmission, but clear quantified data hasn't been released afaik
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7600 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 16:10:14 »

Great! Seeing as the vaccination programme here is slower than Caddis with his legs tied together it seems that it could be a recipe for disaster.

On the island they’re struggling to vaccinate anywhere near 100 per day.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7601 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 16:19:29 »

I have a query.

I think some early data is suggesting at least 30-35% reduction in transmission, but likely well over 60% as they were tracking people in the NHS who are exposed to it far more regularly.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7602 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 16:22:27 »

Pretty fucked off that my vaccine will now be delayed as I'm in the 40's bracket. Also Hancock's bare faced lying when he said there won't be a delay. Some of us have worked non stop the last year and want our fucking vaccine asap.

You should try living in other countries, the UK approach is a gold standard in comparison.

I think they fucked up yesterday by not just stating the facts - this week and next they got an unexpected delivery increasing supply, then the next 4 weeks they won't get some deliveries they were expecting for a few weeks so there will be a drop back off again.  It will come out in the wash over an 8 week period and we will still be on track with the dates provided previously.

The 1.7 that need retesting will likely be in supply at some point, and the stock sat in India will also likely come, just a bit later.

I think they've just got themselves into a pickle when it comes to messaging based on the past 12 months!

Ignore
« Reply #7603 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 16:25:04 »

You should try living in other countries, the UK approach is a gold standard in comparison.

I think they fucked up yesterday by not just stating the facts - this week and next they got an unexpected delivery increasing supply, then the next 4 weeks they won't get some deliveries they were expecting for a few weeks so there will be a drop back off again.  It will come out in the wash over an 8 week period and we will still be on track with the dates provided previously.

The 1.7 that need retesting will likely be in supply at some point, and the stock sat in India will also likely come, just a bit later.

I think they've just got themselves into a pickle when it comes to messaging based on the past 12 months!

That's a fair assessment. Just a bit miffed as I thought I'd be having it in the next few weeks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7604 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 16:42:40 »

ditto Arriba, though I'm not out and about as much as you
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: