Pages: 1 ... 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1204163 times)

Ignore
« Reply #7530 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 15:12:11 »

Someone I know died from this yesterday. 57 years old with no underlying health issues. 3 weeks after contracting it- dead. Family members of his also currently in hospital with it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7531 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 15:47:33 »

Someone I know died from this yesterday. 57 years old with no underlying health issues. 3 weeks after contracting it- dead. Family members of his also currently in hospital with it.

Scary isn't it. Thankfully just got call from GP and I am being done tomorrow afternoon which is a relief, especially with the small one going back to school!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7532 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 16:36:48 »

over 40s after over 50s then.

Ignore
« Reply #7533 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 16:57:38 »

Scary isn't it. Thankfully just got call from GP and I am being done tomorrow afternoon which is a relief, especially with the small one going back to school!

Glad to hear it. Want mine asap.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7534 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 17:37:17 »

Van Tam doing daily briefing and saying that rates are still high and are rising again in some places, urges people not to take their foot off the brake and uses an analogy I think we can all relate to "It’s exactly like being up 3-0 in a game and thinking: ‘we can’t possibly lose this now’. But how many times have you seen the other side take it 4-3. Do not wreck this now, it is too early to relax."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7535 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 17:46:36 »

been following the Swindon number. While we are 1/6 the incidence rate we were at, it's certainly not going down further.

I guess that's ok too an extent  IF the hospital admission rate continues to fall due to vaccinations
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #7536 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 20:00:31 »

Van Tam doing daily briefing and saying that rates are still high and are rising again in some places, urges people not to take their foot off the brake and uses an analogy I think we can all relate to "It’s exactly like being up 3-0 in a game and thinking: ‘we can’t possibly lose this now’. But how many times have you seen the other side take it 4-3. Do not wreck this now, it is too early to relax."

Do we know who JVT supports? It’s got to be Swindon hasn’t it? All his references relate to STFC.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7537 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 20:39:45 »

We never did get that fourth at Vale Park.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7538 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 21:08:01 »

Had my first volunteering shift today on the vaccination programme. Was surprisingly emotional to see all the people coming through.

Good news is that there are far more volunteers than there are available shifts, at least in London. Should be able to speed up the delivery if the vaccines are there.
Barry Scott

« Reply #7539 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 08:53:25 »

Had my jab yesterday. It was a quick and simple process. Upper arm aches a bit, but other than that all good.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7540 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 14:22:57 »

Do we know who JVT supports? It’s got to be Swindon hasn’t it? All his references relate to STFC.
Boston Utd. He's done briefings with Boston programmes on his bookshelf and IIRC he did one in a Boston scarf
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7541 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 14:24:09 »

Had my jab yesterday. It was a quick and simple process. Upper arm aches a bit, but other than that all good.
Thats all I had mate, 5 days of an achey arm no other side effects at all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #7542 on: Saturday, February 27, 2021, 15:37:15 »

Boston Utd. He's done briefings with Boston programmes on his bookshelf and IIRC he did one in a Boston scarf
I like van tam. He always comes across well and I understand what he's saying. He also seems like the kind of bloke who would be good company over a pint or six.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7543 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 10:08:46 »

Very impressed with the "lateral flow test by post" delivery. Only ordered yesterday afternoon. Arriving today.

As you may know, households with links to people in school/college education (incl parents/guardians ) can now take LF tests twice weekly for free. OK the accuracy isn't great, but every little helps

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/all-households-with-children-of-school-aged-to-get-rapid-covid-19-tests-per-person-per-week

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7544 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 10:20:59 »

Had my first volunteering shift today on the vaccination programme. Was surprisingly emotional to see all the people coming through.

Good news is that there are far more volunteers than there are available shifts, at least in London. Should be able to speed up the delivery if the vaccines are there.

It made me quite emotional to see so many people volunteering when I went for my jab, even at our small health centre there was a cast of thousands!

Same here, arm pain was all I had after Saturday and its gone today. One thing was that I shattered afterwards and went to bed before 8 on Saturday night and slept for 10 hours but not sure whether that was two hard days on the bike or the vaccine!

Season ticket holder as well, not seen a scarf but he has a tie... https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/boston-united-jonathan-van-tam-4178629

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: