Pages: 1 ... 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188793 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #7515 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 16:41:48 »

There's also zero flu this year, which probably kills 10,000pcm in the winter.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7516 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 16:50:20 »

So, in the future, 10-20,000 Covid deaths would be an acceptable number as Covid becomes a virus we have to live with?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7517 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 16:55:31 »

I don't think we have much choice really.

if we can get it down at flu levels with vaccination and keeping up with mutations then that's probably all we can do.

can't go on like this last year
Hunk

« Reply #7518 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 17:13:58 »

I expect both COVID deaths and flu deaths will go down (recorded as such) eventually, for a combined total roughly similar to the amount of flu deaths prior to 2020/21. If we carry on having the message of good personal hygiene such as washing hands rammed down our throats that’ll help too. I don’t know about anyone else but I get at least two or three bouts of pretty nasty head colds each year, and I can honestly say I haven’t been ill once since social distancing and a greater focus on day to day hygiene became prominent. It’s not a coincidence. Perhaps I was a particularly grubby little bugger pre-COVID, dunno.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 17:16:14 by Hunk » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7519 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 17:26:52 »

Yep, essentially we have been doing a lot of what we should do when Flu season hits.  The upside in the future may well be that we react to outbreaks of the Flu like Asians do to having a cold - pop a mask on, don't go out, keep you distance unless invited to come close etc.  Much like how spitting has become a proper insult these days once it became clear what it could spread.

I also hope employers get their heads around people being sick and making sure they stay well clear of physical workplace.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7520 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 20:27:21 »

Yep, essentially we have been doing a lot of what we should do when Flu season hits.  The upside in the future may well be that we react to outbreaks of the Flu like Asians do to having a cold - pop a mask on, don't go out, keep you distance unless invited to come close etc.  Much like how spitting has become a proper insult these days once it became clear what it could spread.

I also hope employers get their heads around people being sick and making sure they stay well clear of physical workplace.

Agree, I think the workplace attitudes do have to change too though, in terms of policy linked with behaviour. There is a fair bit of social workplace stigma if someone goes off work for having a cold (including mangement in that stigma too), yet people may think a little differently now.

There will always be folk that take the piss and throw sickies for the hell of it but in the main, most people are honest. In fact, I'm certain a lot of companies have it in their contingency to expect xyz number of "duvet" days. Funny, because those that do take a duvet day/throw a sickie, are likely also ones who will complain about "forinners takin aww rrr jobs tho innit".

Please, someone provide a Venn diagram on this.

Also, I'd much prefer to be punched than spat at *watches approx. fifteen TEFers prepare to line up and wait their turn*. It's bloody filthy, even just someone gobbing up.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7521 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 20:42:59 »

Everyone's going to have to do their bit to change their behaviour

Hunk

« Reply #7522 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 20:48:40 »

What a total sweetheart
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #7523 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 20:51:34 »

Everyone's going to have to do their bit to change their behaviour

What's the fucking point of opening up again?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7524 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 09:10:17 »

Who?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7525 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 11:33:09 »

Who?
I believe he is a popular singing artiste, m'lud, in a genre considerably in vogue with the younger generation.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7526 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 11:35:05 »

He is a British rapper who supports Northampton and apparently spits in peoples mouths.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7527 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 11:35:25 »

I believe he is a popular singing artiste, m'lud, in a genre considerably in vogue with the younger generation.

Was it the word 'gigs' in the headline and/or the fact he was standing in front of a Mercury Prize poster that led you to that deduction?

It's a shame that there is no library of information that could be utilised in order to answer the query.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7528 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 11:36:23 »

What is the fucking point if we can no longer spit in other peoples mouths FFS, what a disgrace this country has become, taking away our rights and civil liberties like that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #7529 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 11:37:02 »

"Rapper" is very, very kind.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: