Pages: 1 ... 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1203377 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7440 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 19:18:06 »

Smiley

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/18/6cm-tall-man-offered-covid-vaccine-after-nhs-blunder-liam-thorp

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7441 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 19:53:43 »

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7442 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 17:51:17 »

Good news on the Pfizer vaccine: Pfizer now saying it no longer needs to be stored at ultra-low temperatures and normal freezers will do. Which will greatly aid rollout and enable it to be used in countries where it previously wouldn't have been feasible

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/pfizer-vaccine-no-longer-needs-to-be-stored-at-ultra-low-temperatures-data-1.4489678
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7443 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 18:00:45 »

But meanwhile back in Tory COVID Corruption news, the High Court have ruled Hancock acted unlawfully in the award of billions of pounds worth of COVID contracts

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/19/matt-hancock-acted-unlawfully-failing-publish-covid-contracts-high-court
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #7444 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 18:12:53 »

Just had my first jab, the Pfizer one so still a scum fee zone. It was busy but pretty well organised at gwh.
Hancock is a tool and it's no surprise the contracts didn't come under scrutiny.
I think Boris is keeping him and Williamson in role for now as they are useful idiots to him. I also think Boris remains in power as a useful idiot to the Tory grandees. Once this crisis is over I'd expect a lot of movement prior to the next election.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #7445 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 18:18:59 »

But meanwhile back in Tory COVID Corruption news, the High Court have ruled Hancock acted unlawfully in the award of billions of pounds worth of COVID contracts

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/19/matt-hancock-acted-unlawfully-failing-publish-covid-contracts-high-court

Which we are not surprised in the slightest by.  However the next question is who paid the costs?  It's usual that the people who are ruled against also have costs awarded against them.  Who pays?  The government?  Is that our money?  This is a genuine question.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7446 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 08:09:40 »

Good news on the Pfizer vaccine: Pfizer now saying it no longer needs to be stored at ultra-low temperatures and normal freezers will do. Which will greatly aid rollout and enable it to be used in countries where it previously wouldn't have been feasible

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/pfizer-vaccine-no-longer-needs-to-be-stored-at-ultra-low-temperatures-data-1.4489678

or where it previously wouldn't have been freezable Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7447 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 22:37:35 »

looks like the 'leaks' have started ahead of tomorrow's announcements.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-all-schools-in-england-to-reopen-on-8-march-as-pm-plots-course-to-ease-lockdown-12225278

All schools in England will reopen to all pupils on 8 March under the prime minister's roadmap out of lockdown to be announced tomorrow, with outdoor after-school sports and activities also allowed to restart.

And on the same date, outdoor recreation with one other person will also be permitted, meaning people will be allowed to sit together in a park with a coffee, drink or picnic.

From 29 March, larger groups will be able to meet outside - including in private gardens - up to a maximum of six people or two households.

Tennis courts, golf courses and other outdoor sport facilities will also reopen on 29 March, which is the first Monday of most schools' Easter holidays.

At the same time, organised adults and children's sport, including grassroots football, will restart.

The relaxation of measures is the first stage of a four-part roadmap expected to include the reopening of non-essential retail and hospitality in the coming months

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7448 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 23:39:57 »

Which we are not surprised in the slightest by.  However the next question is who paid the costs?  It's usual that the people who are ruled against also have costs awarded against them.  Who pays?  The government?  Is that our money?  This is a genuine question.
Yes and it's something the judge commented on in his remarks, that if the government had been more candid about the lack of transparency (i.e. hadn't lied) they could have saved £1/4m in costs
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7449 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 07:17:07 »

Its nice that you are allowed to meet someone outside AND sit down though
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7450 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:03:53 »

I can meet one friend outside but my fiancée can meet with 33 households indoors. Awesome. Sound logic.
Panda Paws

« Reply #7451 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 11:02:54 »

So we're going to be led by data, not dates.

But also, here's the dates everything is going to open again over the next 6 months. Twats.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7452 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 11:05:53 »

They aren't set in stone, but yeah.

Also, we are easing things gradually... everyone back to school on 8th
Flashheart

« Reply #7453 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 11:06:47 »

The 8th March.

3 weeks after April, apparently.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7454 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 11:36:49 »

So we're going to be led by data, not dates.

But also, here's the dates everything is going to open again over the next 6 months. Twats.

I thought this also. Would it have made sense to have aligned the staggering of the opening up of things when certain rates or numbers are hit, rather than dates?

Probably way too complicated, but if there was a section where Pubs and restaurants could open only when rates were xxxx then I know it would motivate me to continue to adhere to the rules. (not that I don't anyway)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: