Pages: 1 ... 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206982 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7380 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 14:40:30 »

good choice of brain out film.

we unfortunately went for horrible bosses 2, which was shit!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7381 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 14:41:56 »

I can't see anything else. they surely don't have capacity to double up second dose and new first dose

Capacity is expanding all the time - new centres are opening and the existing ones are extending hours. I talked a bit earlier in this thread about volunteering for St John Ambulance - I've just got through the process and they've recruited and trained 30,000 volunteers who are becoming deployable around now - that's a mixture of vaccinators and stewards/patient care roles.

There will be a capacity issue at some point but I suspect the more likely things to slow down at this point are a) vaccine availability once we've used up our non-AZ/Oxford supplies and b) the sheer logistics of getting appointments booked etc.
Sgt.Slaughter

« Reply #7382 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 15:23:31 »

blimey,  that was an early test last March, did you have to pay for it?

The Canary Islands were overrun by mid-March, and tests were widely available, cost around 60 euros, although I think you can get one for free if you get a referral from the centro de salud (doctors)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #7383 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 16:51:47 »

I assume news vaxs will drop off a cliff somewhat come March and April when all those who have had start having another.
I dont think it will with the release of further vaccines that will be available soon. ones that are easier to store and 1 dose. plus once the main tiers are vaccinated that will be the end of the high death rate until a possible autumn dose for variants
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7384 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 16:52:13 »

Capacity is expanding all the time - new centres are opening and the existing ones are extending hours. I talked a bit earlier in this thread about volunteering for St John Ambulance - I've just got through the process and they've recruited and trained 30,000 volunteers who are becoming deployable around now - that's a mixture of vaccinators and stewards/patient care roles.

There will be a capacity issue at some point but I suspect the more likely things to slow down at this point are a) vaccine availability once we've used up our non-AZ/Oxford supplies and b) the sheer logistics of getting appointments booked etc.

That's capacity to deliver, the supply side needs to be there as well, which is another positive aspect of the UK approach and the NHS.  Due to having such well designed test systems in place (I read that the NHS holds over 400k people on file to run clinical trials, which means they get the necessary number of volunteers quickly), several suppliers used the UK for trials.  That's also tied to the UK placing orders for 6 times the amount of vaccine needed and supporting those companies in setting up manufacture and distribution infrastructure ahead of time.

You have Novavax and Johnson & Johnson both going through the regulators now I think.  That will add considerable supply for 1st doses in March/April, meaning you can, in theory, keep the second doses going while not impacting the new vaccination numbers.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7385 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 17:53:01 »

Mainly a cough, high temperature and an extraordinary need to sleep, a little bit like how you feel after reading one of JBZ’s posts.

Mega lolz.  I would be interested to hear how one might feel after giving a cursory glance to one of Bamboo's missives.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7386 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 18:51:08 »

Mega lolz.  I would be interested to hear how one might feel after giving a cursory glance to one of Bamboo's missives.

Ohh, so now you're using Lieutenant Slaw Tor as an avenue to continue to have a dig at me, ha! How queer of you to do so. Especially when my "missive" on this thread was regarding great empathy at hearing Bathford's unfortunate news. Many others had shown equal sorrow also.

I'm not sure what is most sad really...your continued lack of ability to show any empathy towards anyone or your obsession with me; so much so, you're trying to claim that I am the Sgt him/herself?! Paranoia setting in JBZ ey?! Losing control of the situation, because you have no idea? You are old enough to know better.

That's very poor form considering how much you are careful with your words and your links to the Suits? I forget though, I'm the one having the mental breakdown obviously Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #7387 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 18:54:55 »

Ohh, so now you're using Lieutenant Slaw Tor as an avenue to continue to have a dig at me, ha! How queer of you to do so. Especially when my "missive" on this thread was regarding great empathy at hearing Bathford's unfortunate news. Many others had shown equal sorrow also.

I'm not sure what is most sad really...your continued lack of ability to show any empathy towards anyone or your obsession with me; so much so, you're trying to claim that I am the Sgt him/herself?! Paranoia setting in JBZ ey?! Losing control of the situation, because you have no idea? You are old enough to know better.

That's very poor form considering how much you are careful with your words and your links to the Suits? I forget though, I'm the one having the mental breakdown obviously Hmmm

This caused me to chuckle.  You keep being you.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7388 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 19:17:50 »

This caused me to chuckle.  You keep being you.

Inability to apologize. Inability to show empathy. Noted.

You've incredibly poor judgement for a person who claims to be part of the law (or likes to appear so) though.

How wrong you are on your continued insistence. Quite bizarre, I've no idea why you chose the easy option?! It's made you look a little foolish "my friend"  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

Flashheart

« Reply #7389 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 19:21:07 »

Get a room you two.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7390 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 19:21:37 »

Quote from: Flashheart
Get a room you two.

lockdown breakers
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7391 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 19:24:26 »

Apparently the UK is soon to receive it's order of the Moderna vaccines. More crepuscular moments appearing as we edge closer back to something that resembles a normal way of life.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7392 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 19:27:17 »

Get a room you two.

I did book one but he didn't show up  Shrug

lockdown breakers

Bloody spoilsport!

'Incessant Nonsense'

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #7393 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 19:30:07 »

Inability to apologize. Inability to show empathy. Noted.

You've incredibly poor judgement for a person who claims to be part of the law (or likes to appear so) though.

How wrong you are on your continued insistence. Quite bizarre, I've no idea why you chose the easy option?! It's made you look a little foolish "my friend"  Soapy Tit Wank

Brilliant. You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7394 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 19:36:13 »

Brilliant. You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Wow that's FHs favourite one liner usually! Cheesy Your writing style and replies have become incredibly unoriginal Mr. JBZzz...

A "lawyer" effectively lost for words  Eek

Anyway, this is the Coronavirus thread and most use this purely to talk about the "rona". Let's keep it on track ey Sgt? Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: