Pages: 1 ... 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1200461 times)
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #7140 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 19:23:25 »

If vaccinations aren't the way out of this after all, the government has to outline why, and what is the way out.

Almost to a man, every person I know is now at their lowest point. This current lockdown is having an impact way beyond the previous ones. It has to come to an end, one way or another.
I agree totally.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #7141 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 19:58:04 »

The only thing you are missing chaps is a chance to have a ‘pop at the tories’  Zzz

Agreed!

Now, ain't that just like me?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7142 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 20:55:55 »

In terms of struggling, I have heard this from a lot of people also (in regards to more so now than last March). Personally, I've been finding it easier. The nights are long so there's less to do "outdoors", I'm usually a little more reclusive in Winter than Summer (proper hibernation mentality) so not being allowed "out" is not so bad for me and has given me more time to write. Admittedly inspiration has been tougher at times.

Reflect back to last Spring and onward into early Summer, I found that much more difficult at the outset because I do tend to be outdoors as long as the light permits. Especially when living in an apartment, with no yard, garden or balcony; as well as living alone. But I also think that it was more difficult because it was new and there was no mask wearing or any particular process to follow (or interpret), more just a matter of hunker down and wait; with no real end of anything in sight.

We and especially the professionals/qualified/experts know much more now and whilst there are still challenges (fresh and old) to combat, we have far more tools at our disposal to do so. We will get through this difficult and incredibly unique period of life. I believe we will eventually "live" with this virus, amongst several other viruses. We will adapt our lives accordingly and we will continue to develop the tools we need in order to do so but for a while longer yet, that process might not be easy for many (if any) of us.

Keep your chins up, at least one horrible orange virus has finally dissipated...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7143 on: Friday, January 22, 2021, 21:25:45 »

In terms of struggling, I have heard this from a lot of people also (in regards to more so now than last March). Personally, I've been finding it easier. The nights are long so there's less to do "outdoors", I'm usually a little more reclusive in Winter than Summer (proper hibernation mentality) so not being allowed "out" is not so bad for me and has given me more time to write. Admittedly inspiration has been tougher at times.

Reflect back to last Spring and onward into early Summer, I found that much more difficult at the outset because I do tend to be outdoors as long as the light permits. Especially when living in an apartment, with no yard, garden or balcony; as well as living alone. But I also think that it was more difficult because it was new and there was no mask wearing or any particular process to follow (or interpret), more just a matter of hunker down and wait; with no real end of anything in sight.

We and especially the professionals/qualified/experts know much more now and whilst there are still challenges (fresh and old) to combat, we have far more tools at our disposal to do so. We will get through this difficult and incredibly unique period of life. I believe we will eventually "live" with this virus, amongst several other viruses. We will adapt our lives accordingly and we will continue to develop the tools we need in order to do so but for a while longer yet, that process might not be easy for many (if any) of us.

Keep your chins up, at least one horrible orange virus has finally dissipated...

Donald will struggle to keep his double chins up😃

So, give no fucks
Hunk

« Reply #7144 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 10:52:22 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55771223

Obviously really bad news for the EU, but for us too. In general I'm satisfied with how the vaccination process has gone in the UK, I'm sure it's been far from perfect but given it's such a massive undertaking hiccups are to be expected. But of course there are direct consequences for us if others are struggling to keep up. Hopefully this supply issue is resolved, but it doesn't sound promising
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #7145 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 11:19:58 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55771223

Obviously really bad news for the EU, but for us too. In general I'm satisfied with how the vaccination process has gone in the UK, I'm sure it's been far from perfect but given it's such a massive undertaking hiccups are to be expected. But of course there are direct consequences for us if other

s are struggling to keep up. Hopefully this supply issue is resolved, but it doesn't sound promising

It will get resolved. Too much money involved. Don’t forget also that Europe is one month behind the uk in vaccinations

Ignore
« Reply #7146 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 15:17:45 »

Schools look like they'll be the first to reopen fully on March 8th then. Absolute insanity in my opinion. Should be last places to reopen as the rise in cases from September proved. Kids will be kids regardless of measures put in place.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7147 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 15:29:37 »

8th at the earliest. Could be even later

they've finally started to test staff at Mrs Bs primary, twice weekly lateral flow (optional)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7148 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 15:42:51 »

8th at the earliest. Could be even later

they've finally started to test staff at Mrs Bs primary, twice weekly lateral flow (optional)

With 50% risk of false negatives.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7149 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 15:53:34 »

yeah, I know they aren't great. better than nothing is how I see it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7150 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 16:12:22 »

I would say unlikely for all pupils to be in. Keep them shut til after Easter. Gives schools time to prep ready for after the holidays.

Putting a date in it adds pressure. Getting the hospital numbers down should be priority.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7151 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 20:41:35 »

This might sound far out and I know a lot of planning goes into the curriculum and schools schedule but considering how disrupted the normal school year has been since last April...if it's safe and practicable to do so, why don't they allow the kids and teacher to go to school through the usual Summer break instead? A good way of catching up on much missed proper schooling.

Maybe the breaks in term could be moved/extended slightly, say give an extra week off at Autumn & Winter breaks. Granted it'll probably give the teachers (and parents) a bit more time to catch up on things/prepare properly too and then go back towards a more normal curriculum term structure in Jan 2022.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7152 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 21:24:36 »

nope. unions wouldn't allow it.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7153 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 22:49:49 »

nope. unions wouldn't allow it.

It's a logical suggestion though right? Unions aside (in that respect and of course I know they generally hold the keys)...or am I wrong to suggest it. As a purely temporary arrangement, just to get things all a bit more in line. Otherwise we face a generation of kids who essentially are around about a year behind. Might not seem much in the grand scheme of things but the knock on effect could be much larger...

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7154 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 23:04:03 »

not really. teachers have famalies and need holidays too.

maybe it could be shortened, but you can't scrap it
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: