Pages: 1 ... 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1201844 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6975 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 09:44:51 »

This for me is the biggest issue....

Hundreds of people go in and out of each supermarket daily, a lot of them will be picking stuff up to look at before putting it back, it’s almost impossible to social distance, you’ve got all the card machines, the self service check out, the baskets, the trolleys that have been touched god knows how many times a day and yet it’s the only place that seems to be exempt from the track and trace system?

I’ve no idea what the answer is though.

ALDI have the electronic systems that control people coming in and out and seem to be quite efficient. Wonder if you could also set up that intel to show how busy supermarkets are online so people check before coming out (similar to what pure gyms do). I’d certainly rather go to supermarkets if I can see they’re pretty empty / no requirement to queue
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6976 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 09:47:31 »

ALDI have the electronic systems that control people coming in and out and seem to be quite efficient. Wonder if you could also set up that intel to show how busy supermarkets are online so people check before coming out (similar to what pure gyms do). I’d certainly rather go to supermarkets if I can see they’re pretty empty / no requirement to queue
I go to the supermarket at 8 or 9pm as it’s usually quiet, so the curfew is another stupid idea.  So that’s 3 of the suggested tougher restrictions that would be completely counterproductive.... genius!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6977 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:12:59 »

According to the news, the curfew idea was not supported by Johnson due to it being a) unworkable (fair enough) b) un-British (ffs)

Surely there are loads of things in front of support bubbles that can be got rid of if the need arises
  - stupidity of the definition of "esssential" shops - garden centres ffs
  - reduce the definition of key workers at schools and close nursery
  - etc, etc.

Its all shit, but if they truely need to tighten restrictions its going to be shitter. So be it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #6978 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:16:32 »

Why is anyone going to the supermarket? Any remotely digital savvy person can do their grocery shop online.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6979 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:20:17 »

A curfew would force people into a smaller window and much more congestion. Hand sanitisation should be mandatory in all supermarkets/shops as you enter. Not optional.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6980 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:21:06 »

Its all shit, but if they truely need to tighten restrictions its going to be shitter. So be it.
Easy to say when you don’t live alone...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6981 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:23:35 »

Why is anyone going to the supermarket? Any remotely digital savvy person can do their grocery shop online.

To be fair, unless it’s changed in recent months it was proving impossible to find a slot to reserve one

Things get better but they never get good
Panda Paws

« Reply #6982 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:28:27 »

To be fair, unless it’s changed in recent months it was proving impossible to find a slot to reserve one

Yeah I see people say that, and yet I've had one every week since the beginning of March. It's not tricky, you've just got to think about it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6983 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:29:04 »

Easy to say when you don’t live alone...

I meant in lieu of closing support bubbles for single housedwellers.

I'd happily still let my mum come round if they did anyway - if she wanted to.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6984 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:30:13 »

Quite, unless you know what you want for dinner in March.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6985 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:31:06 »

Yeah I see people say that, and yet I've had one every week since the beginning of March. It's not tricky, you've just got to think about it.

The ones who should be avoiding Supermarkets are realistically less likely to be tech savy, also probably a bit stuck in their ways.

Reluctantly my old dear has agreed to me doing her shopping for her, again another example of her being stuck inside having no human interaction. Oldies enjoy doing food shops for reasons I’ll probably only understand in later life
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6986 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:34:03 »

First you have to get a slot.
Second you have to hope they can actually fulfil your order.

Nappies and toilet roll are quiet essential to our household but have we had any delivered the last two weeks?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6987 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:36:32 »

Have you ever tried to see anything form someone else's point of view before?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6988 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:38:19 »

According to the news, the curfew idea was not supported by Johnson due to it being a) unworkable (fair enough) b) un-British (ffs)

Surely there are loads of things in front of support bubbles that can be got rid of if the need arises
  - stupidity of the definition of "esssential" shops - garden centres ffs
  - reduce the definition of key workers at schools and close nursery
  - etc, etc.

What they also need to do is stop people buying non essential crap online.
Think how many places, containers, hands a parcel goes through to get from start to finish.

People ordering more, so more staff needed and the buildings can’t exactly expand in size to accommodate the extra work, the extra resource and the social distancing guidelines.

How many people genuinely receive ESSENTIAL post?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6989 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:42:33 »

The ones who should be avoiding Supermarkets are realistically less likely to be tech savy, also probably a bit stuck in their ways.

Reluctantly my old dear has agreed to me doing her shopping for her, again another example of her being stuck inside having no human interaction. Oldies enjoy doing food shops for reasons I’ll probably only understand in later life

My elderly father in lockdown 1 accepted that we would sort him out an online shop from up here, which we did and now he does it all himself and he is hardly IT savvy, the thing is all a question of compromise and sacrifice, I enjoy going to the pub yet have not set foot in one since February, we all have to make compromises for the common good, read social media and the whole argument seems to be 'why aren't those wankers following the rules' rapidly followed by the same people stating 'I am not keeping to the rules because they inconvenience me'.

The whole mental health thing is weird also as its not a question of either/or, yes mental health is a concern, but should we fuck up peoples physical health just because of it? It seems to have become a cause celeb for the anti-lock downers, who in many cases are of a right wing persuasion who have been voting for the mental health system to be decimated for years yet now are suddenly very concerned about it. Spoke to my neighbour who is a mental health nurse at the start of lockdown 1, they were/are worried sick about the effects, but also equally mindful of the wider effects on mental health if you go and see Great Aunt Mabel as she cannot be alone, give her covid which you didn't know you had and then she dies leading to metal heath issues throughout the family.

I will leave it to Kathy Burke as she is much more eloquent than me.. https://twitter.com/KathyBurke/status/1346411132823744512?s=20

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: