Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206491 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6960 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 21:28:16 »

This virus is only going one way at this rate with peoples attitudes, and it isn't good.

I totally agree

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6961 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 22:06:13 »

Rumours circulating, on at least horse racing Twitter, that all elite sport may be suspended from wednesday, no idea of the merits so don't shoot but more than one source being cited....
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6962 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 22:54:18 »

200 stupid fuckers welcomed Spurs to Marine today.

100’s in London parks without a care in the world. How stupid are people.

Oh and the latest thinking is Pubs shut until May at the earliest.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 22:56:29 by bathford » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6963 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 07:06:15 »

Govt also considering tightening of restrictions and banning support bubbles.

If they ban support bubbles, for some people it wont be covid that kills them, it will be mental health
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6964 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 07:26:14 »

It’s the Great Reset, don’t you know.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6965 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 07:44:17 »

If they ban support bubbles, for some people it wont be covid that kills them, it will be mental health

Even if they do that, that won't stop people meeting.

It's ridiculous. As I said before, people are oblivious to how bad this strain is. They just haven't got a care in the world.

The supermarkets are not helping. They need to get back to the queueing system. Letting way too many people in, who for some reason cannot socially distance.  

There are also too many people out and about walking/exercising. Yesterday I saw about 3 lots of groups of families mingling without a care in the world.

How can you police it? Realistically you can't.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6966 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 07:53:39 »

The supermarkets are not helping. They need to get back to the queueing system. Letting way too many people in, who for some reason cannot socially distance.  

This for me is the biggest issue....

Hundreds of people go in and out of each supermarket daily, a lot of them will be picking stuff up to look at before putting it back, it’s almost impossible to social distance, you’ve got all the card machines, the self service check out, the baskets, the trolleys that have been touched god knows how many times a day and yet it’s the only place that seems to be exempt from the track and trace system?

I’ve no idea what the answer is though.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 11, 2021, 07:56:11 by Quagmire » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6967 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 08:19:56 »

Plus some staff still get really close as well.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #6968 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 08:26:21 »

Why don't we make people wear disposal gloves like in Spain while in supermarkets? Seems like such an obvious thing to introduce.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6969 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 08:50:27 »

The amount of people you see that dont sanitise their hands beggars belief also.

In Portugal they have a person on the door who’s job it is to enforce it, if you dont sanitise you arent allowed in
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6970 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 09:07:42 »

Why don't we make people wear disposal gloves like in Spain while in supermarkets? Seems like such an obvious thing to introduce.

Sent from my XQ-AD51

You don't need to wear gloves. Just wash your hands.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6971 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 09:20:42 »

If they ban support bubbles i technically won’t be able to see the other half as she doesn’t live with me full time and my 96 year old aunt won’t see anyone. I’ll be ignoring that if they try and put that in place!
Same with the exercise, if they try and put a one hour limit in place as Hancock intimated they can do one, it would be a nonsense restriction!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6972 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 09:23:37 »

Quite.  My mum lives on her own. FFS.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6973 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 09:32:13 »

Just got my result through: positive.

As things stand I’m ok with it. I’m 6 days in, feel rough, but not terrible. More than a cold, less than death. Still working where concentration and fatigue permit.

In case anyone cares, these are my symptoms: Slightly wheezy, chest and throat feel like I’ve smoked a few menthol fags and done hard exercise. Achy eyes, head ache, seriously blocked nose (which is the worst symptom - it’s like my nose is filled with cement), fatigue, occasional coughing and a normal temperature.

Safe to say so far I’m quite lucky. Oh and no taste or smell (even when nose is clear). Funny how quickly you adapt and start to only enjoy texture and tempature. Might be easy to lose a few pounds, which is nice.

Hope it sorts it out soon.

Thing is, my missus had all those symptoms a couple of weeks back and tested negative, I now have the same (to a slightly lessor degree - just feels like I have a shitty cold) so should I get tested or not?

On the bright side my 83 year old father got called over the weekend and he is having his first jab on Wednesday morning, slight downside is that as his wife is under 80 she is not in the same tier so won't be getting hers yet.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6974 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 09:37:38 »

If they ban support bubbles i technically won’t be able to see the other half as she doesn’t live with me full time and my 96 year old aunt won’t see anyone. I’ll be ignoring that if they try and put that in place!
Same with the exercise, if they try and put a one hour limit in place as Hancock intimated they can do one, it would be a nonsense restriction!

It would be absolutely a step too far, unless you live on your own you don’t have a clue how important the support bubbles are.

I would openly break the law in order to go round and see my 72 year old mum who lives on her own

Same for the exercise/walking outdoors. If anything it’s more important than ever to get out for an hour or so everyday, physically as much as mentally
« Last Edit: Monday, January 11, 2021, 09:40:20 by Abrahammer » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: