Pages: 1 ... 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1204558 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6435 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 21:12:12 »

FFS

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1334543848333332482

It's OK, the virus doesn't affect "High value business travellers". Just like it takes 5 days off over Christmas

Didn't you know that SARS-CoV2 will be taking all it's annual leave from Dec 5th to Jan 2nd, as it has got to go and buy Christmas presents and spend time opening them, as well as getting absolutely wankered at New Year?

Also, I have just become a "High Value Business Traveller" thanks UK Gov.

What a complete moonshot of a government.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6436 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:05:12 »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55177948

Nice one, mate.

The anti-vaxxers are going to be all over that.

Cheers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Hunk

« Reply #6437 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:10:49 »

And after that, who gives a shit? They're a mile away and you have their shoes (Billy Connolly joke)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6438 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:29:29 »

Reminds me of Ten Pin   Smiley
Hunk

« Reply #6439 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:48:47 »

Reminds me of Ten Pin   Smiley

Ooh ooh, got one for that: I just got a job at a bowling alley, but I'm only ten pin.

Sorry, this isn't the Friday joke thread.

Back to rona, just read on the bbc that vaccination should start on Tuesday. That's great. We know that there'll be two doses required but am I right in assuming that you'll still have some protection (although not the 90 or so %) after one shot? If so Tuesday will be a momentous day; many of the most vulnerable will suddenly see their chances of getting seriously ill with this significantly decrease
« Last Edit: Friday, December 4, 2020, 14:51:41 by Hunk » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6440 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 15:04:13 »

Just been confirmed our present lockdown will be extended until 7 January! No bars/restaurants open, curfew from 9pm til 5am.

And this on an island with virtually NO cases! Madness.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6441 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 16:43:52 »

Ooh ooh, got one for that: I just got a job at a bowling alley, but I'm only ten pin.

Sorry, this isn't the Friday joke thread.

Back to rona, just read on the bbc that vaccination should start on Tuesday. That's great. We know that there'll be two doses required but am I right in assuming that you'll still have some protection (although not the 90 or so %) after one shot? If so Tuesday will be a momentous day; many of the most vulnerable will suddenly see their chances of getting seriously ill with this significantly decrease
Unfortunately the most vulnerable (care home residents) won't benefit as the protocols around the Pfizer vaccine mean it currently can only be administered at a GP's surgery or other central location, i.e. patients have to go to the vaccine, it can't be taken to them. But still good news that the mobile vulnerable will be protected.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6442 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 16:54:03 »

Just been confirmed our present lockdown will be extended until 7 January! No bars/restaurants open, curfew from 9pm til 5am.

Madness, or the reason why you have so few cases?  NZ is still holding new entrants in designated facilities for 2 weeks to avoid new cases from coming in, so tight restrictions are doing their job in some locations.  They eased up internally now, but shows how you do it - it's a fucker for living a normal life, but at least means the maximum get a life to live.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6443 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 16:58:37 »

You need to get our version, that apparently is taking a week off from infecting people over Christmas, which is nice!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6444 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 17:26:05 »

Madness, or the reason why you have so few cases?  NZ is still holding new entrants in designated facilities for 2 weeks to avoid new cases from coming in, so tight restrictions are doing their job in some locations.  They eased up internally now, but shows how you do it - it's a fucker for living a normal life, but at least means the maximum get a life to live.
But you’d think that virtually isolating an island with next to zero cases would be fairly easy and at least get that economy going. They wouldn’t even consider ‘tiering’ here. It’s all or nothing.

Tbf, they’ve actually given dates for the vaccine arriving, being available and a very precise number they can vaccinate per month - 2,133,440. So 5 months to jab everyone.
Hunk

« Reply #6445 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 17:44:08 »

Unfortunately the most vulnerable (care home residents) won't benefit as the protocols around the Pfizer vaccine mean it currently can only be administered at a GP's surgery or other central location, i.e. patients have to go to the vaccine, it can't be taken to them. But still good news that the mobile vulnerable will be protected.

I see. Hence, I suppose, why the Oxford vaccine is so important. A lot easier to distribute
Hunk

« Reply #6446 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 17:46:26 »

And yes, getting the mobile vulnerable vaccinated is huge, considering that their mobility means they are more likely to encounter the virus out in the community
« Last Edit: Monday, December 7, 2020, 17:49:27 by Hunk » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6447 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 20:04:44 »

I see. Hence, I suppose, why the Oxford vaccine is so important. A lot easier to distribute
Yes, although apparently the protocols around the Pfizer vaccine could be relaxed once the regulators have seen a bit more about how it works in practice that might allow doctors to take a few doses out of a batch to go and take it to care homes. At the moment, the protocols don't permit that. So it's as much a regulatory issue as a practical one from what I can gather. And tbf it makes sense to be cautious at first until they know more about how this all works in the field.

And yes, getting the mobile vulnerable vaccinated is huge, considering that their mobility means they are more likely to encounter the virus out in the community
There's also the factor that if it does prevent/hinder the virus spreading (which we don't know if it does yet), then vaccinating care home workers will in itself go a long way to help protect those care home residents who can't get the vaccine themselves
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6448 on: Monday, December 7, 2020, 23:42:02 »

For those of you not on the book of many asses, this is the kind of shite that is being circulated currently...

... another one of those moments where you wonder what your association is with the person who shared it  Doh  Crash

* FB_IMG_1607384301266.jpg (37.47 KB, 562x764 - viewed 69 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6449 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 07:25:09 »

and so it begins, the vaccination that is hopefully the light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

it's going to take a while, but so be it
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: