Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1204164 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6405 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 12:44:26 »

Love to know how we are testing so many. I am working as booking in tests and waiting 20 minutes between calls

I don’t doubt it. Was basing the shout on this

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/

Things get better but they never get good
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6406 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 12:46:30 »

Oh wasn't a pop mate
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6407 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 13:41:46 »

Love to know how we are testing so many. I am working as booking in tests and waiting 20 minutes between calls
The total includes postal tests, so you wouldn't see that at test centres. They were called out for this as being a bit of a fiddle because they were also including tests sent but not returned not sure if that's still happening (it was in Sept) but that might account for the discrepancy in what you're seeing on the ground and the stated stats. Or maybe other areas are mad busy and not seeing that here?

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3497
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #6408 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 14:01:18 »

I would say though that the AstraZeneca vaccine uses a more traditional vaccine approach that Pfizer.

I do get people's concerns. But I guess you need to weigh it up against the risk of Covid

chimp adenovirus only been used so far in a rabies vaccine - so marginally more traditional
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6409 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 14:18:09 »

It is similar to quotes I have seen from people who states they will wait for the AstraZenca/Oxford vaccine because anything 'British' is far superior to any 'American rubbish vaccine'

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6410 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 14:46:59 »

The total includes postal tests, so you wouldn't see that at test centres. They were called out for this as being a bit of a fiddle because they were also including tests sent but not returned not sure if that's still happening (it was in Sept) but that might account for the discrepancy in what you're seeing on the ground and the stated stats. Or maybe other areas are mad busy and not seeing that here?

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3497
I am booking the postals as well. I am phone based on a national line )119)but can't speak for the guys at test sites.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6411 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 15:52:34 »

Quote from: ron dodgers
I would say though that the AstraZeneca vaccine uses a more traditional vaccine approach that Pfizer.

I do get people's concerns. But I guess you need to weigh it up against the risk of Covid
chimp adenovirus only been used so far in a rabies vaccine - so marginally more traditional

I stand corrected!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6412 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 23:05:19 »

I am booking the postals as well. I am phone based on a national line )119)but can't speak for the guys at test sites.

Don't most people book online?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6413 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 11:51:08 »

Don't most people book online?
A lot do yeah. An awful lot don't and have to book through the 119 service, a lot of elderly people dyselexic and lazy people ring for all the tests
REDBUCK

« Reply #6414 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 12:05:30 »

A lot do yeah. An awful lot don't and have to book through the 119 service, a lot of elderly people dyselexic and lazy people ring for all the tests

Lazy People?. Glad to hear that people who ring up all get trested with some empathy

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6415 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 12:22:02 »

According to everyones favourite Tory JRM on twitter has stated that the reason the UK could approve the vaccine so quickly was because we have left the EU.

Is this true?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6416 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 12:29:58 »

According to everyones favourite Tory JRM on twitter has stated that the reason the UK could approve the vaccine so quickly was because we have left the EU.

Is this true?
No. Even No 10 (belatedly) admitted it was untrue. Just Hancock and Rees-Mogg lying as usual

Nice to see Hancock using the good news about vaccine rollout to spread disinformation that this was done quicker because of Brexit*. The govt are rightly concerned about disinformation and outright lies discouraging take-up of the vaccine. So it might help if they could stop joining in.

*June Raine, head of the MHRA, which regulates the approval of the vaccine, said "We have been able to authorise the supply of this vaccine using provisions under European law, which exist until (Jan. 1). Our progress has been totally dependent on the availability of data in our rolling review and the rigorous assessment and independent advice we have received"
https://uk.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-britain-mhra/uks-covid-19-vaccine-approval-meets-international-standards-regulator-idUKS8N2I903B

« Last Edit: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 12:41:03 by pauld » Logged
Hunk

« Reply #6417 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 12:32:26 »

Is this true?

It is not true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55163730

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6418 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 12:38:48 »

Is this true?

It is far from fucking true!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #6419 on: Thursday, December 3, 2020, 12:51:32 »

It was clear that they were going to try & peddle that BS myth, trouble is many gullible fools will believe it

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: