Pages: 1 ... 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1203846 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6330 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 16:05:34 »

Hmmm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6331 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 16:13:23 »

On the "So What Happens ..." thread
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6332 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 16:52:24 »

Our free and fearless press.... https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1330830796966518785.html 
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6333 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 19:40:42 »

I’m not going back through the thread, so apologies if I’m repeating things.

The PM has announced that up to 4,000 can attend outdoor sports events.

Does that mean we can see the return of supporters, all be it in a limited amount?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6334 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 19:45:06 »

I’m not going back through the thread, so apologies if I’m repeating things.

The PM has announced that up to 4,000 can attend outdoor sports events.

Does that mean we can see the return of supporters, all be it in a limited amount?

In a nutshell yes, but you can read about it on the "So What Happens..." thread Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6335 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 19:50:33 »

tiers are to be announced on Thursday, so we'll see how many then. though as others have said I reckon we'll be tier 2 (2k)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6336 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 19:54:59 »

Never has Tiers(sic) for Fears been so more appropriate...with this news and potential incoming Town news too.

Fucking tune.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6337 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 20:30:55 »

Hows about a bit of half time ska.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #6338 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 11:04:24 »

Never known as many people with this as I do at the moment. It's everywhere and the school's seem a particular breeding ground for it. Lunacy keeping them open like they have. No way will there be any family gatherings with my siblings/cousin's this year either. People will literally be gifting death to some of their relatives just because they insist on having Christmas together. They're as bad as the fucking diobolical government in my opinion.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6339 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 11:25:02 »

Never known as many people with this as I do at the moment. It's everywhere and the school's seem a particular breeding ground for it.
Yup, my lad's school have got a couple of entire year groups off at the moment and about half the kids missing in the others. Not to mention about 25 staff. There seems to be another email announcing "A case in year x" every few days. Seems like only a matter of time before he's told to isolate as well. Given the level of disruption, they'd be better off just shutting it and taking lessons back online like they did in lockdown, it's so disrupted at the moment they can't do proper lessons half the time anyway.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6340 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 11:57:16 »

Yup, my lad's school have got a couple of entire year groups off at the moment and about half the kids missing in the others. Not to mention about 25 staff. There seems to be another email announcing "A case in year x" every few days. Seems like only a matter of time before he's told to isolate as well. Given the level of disruption, they'd be better off just shutting it and taking lessons back online like they did in lockdown, it's so disrupted at the moment they can't do proper lessons half the time anyway.

Cases seem to be dropping back again, I assume as lockdown 2 begins to bite, I note Swindon is considered 'below average' on the govt website thingy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6341 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 12:08:25 »

England 7 day average is 200/100000
Swindon 7 day is 148/100000

but it'll be interesting to see where the tier 1 threshold lies. earlier this year they were telling people to quarantine if returning from a country with a rate of more than 20/100000 (yes 20)

I get the infection rate isn't the absolute factor in deciding tiers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6342 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 12:12:33 »

Cases seem to be dropping back again, I assume as lockdown 2 begins to bite, I note Swindon is considered 'below average' on the govt website thingy.
tbh I wasn't even thinking about the number of cases just the sheer level of disruption caused to classes etc. It's chaotic, that's not the school's fault, they're only following the guidance but seems like half the school is being sent home to self-isolate at any given time, they can't run lessons like that. They'd be better off just shutting the school and doing it all online, at least then everyone would know where they stand.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6343 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 12:13:23 »

earlier this year they were telling people to quarantine if returning from a country with a rate of more than 20/100000 (yes 20)

Whilst the rate in most of the UK at the time was greatly above 20/100k!

Setting aside matters, I still cannot get my head round the fact that we have a government who basically got into power on an argument that they were going to shut/strictly control our borders, who when the chance arose to do just that (with a pretty good excuse to do so which would shut all the libtards up) chose (and continue to choose) not to!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6344 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 12:50:42 »

Never known as many people with this as I do at the moment. It's everywhere and the school's seem a particular breeding ground for it. Lunacy keeping them open like they have. No way will there be any family gatherings with my siblings/cousin's this year either. People will literally be gifting death to some of their relatives just because they insist on having Christmas together. They're as bad as the fucking diobolical government in my opinion.
Rates seem to be going down in all fairness with schools being the one constant thing that has been left open. I would say that there were a few things higher up the list than schools that are causing issues. If people actually genuinely stuck to guidelines then we would be better off. Pubs and supermarkets are the bigger problem imo but who knows i suppose. Agree what you say about how it's being run
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: