Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1203411 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6045 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 14:30:43 »

But issues were forseen and the government was advised accordingly, only for them to ignore it.

So yes, they are to blame.

Not only that, but they CONTINUE to ignore advice.
They ignore some advice not all, as I keep saying there are other factors than just COVID to consider. Ignoring some of the scientists advice to balance out the fears of economics experts for example is a decision that needs to be made. If one single field of experts advice was followed the country would probably be more fucked than it is now, its a balancing act. Has the balance to date been successful? No. But it's easy to point fingers and say what should be done without being the ones that need to make decisions and take the needs of everyone from individuals through to large businesses into account. My gripe was cherry picking of the Eat Out to Help Out scheme being using as yet another stick to beat the government with when at the time it probably actually kept a lot of businesses going.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #6046 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 14:37:02 »

What’s most amusing is those who are now bringing up the scheme took full advantage of it back in August - they weren’t so concerned then!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6047 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 16:17:56 »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/asia/taiwan-covid-19-intl-hnk/index.html

It's not that in depth, but gives a small hint that it was, maybe is, possible.  Hopefully we'll remember to learn the lessons this time and build better plans for the next time.  History tells us there will be a next time.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #6048 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 19:35:18 »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/asia/taiwan-covid-19-intl-hnk/index.html

It's not that in depth, but gives a small hint that it was, maybe is, possible.  Hopefully we'll remember to learn the lessons this time and build better plans for the next time.  History tells us there will be a next time.

'But Taiwan has advantages its counterparts in the West do not.
One is geography -- Taiwan is an island, so it's easier for officials to control entry and exit through its borders.'

Ahem. The UK is an island in the West ( ...and one which had 4 weeks notice. )
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6049 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 22:33:56 »

The usual papers seem to have been briefed that we're going back into national lockdown on Wednesday.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6050 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 22:39:51 »

Fucking joy.

If only the straw headed dandruff laden twat had done something earlier
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6051 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 22:41:09 »

The usual papers seem to have been briefed that we're going back into national lockdown on Wednesday.
schools to stay open this time.

not joyous news, but for 1 month at least time limited (if it works/happens)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6052 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 22:45:36 »

Sounds like they are going to dictate what are and aren’t essential shops and businesses again, which is absolute nonsense. The other half works at a aesthetic clinic but they also do vitamin infusions and what not for cancer patients but they just get classed as beauty and shut down. Utter bollocks!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6053 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 22:56:21 »

I want my PS5
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6054 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 23:05:15 »

Better keep the gyms open this time! With crap weather and shortening daylight hours people need to be able to exercise!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6055 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 23:06:20 »

Just what the hospitality industry and its associated supply chain needed!

Hundreds of kids in a school is less of a breeding ground for the virus though apparently
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6056 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 00:27:28 »

The people too blame for the second wave is the general public, our decisions as a whole have let the virus rip through the country. 

Don't get me wrong, messaging should have been better but giving that the government are trying to balance economy and health it was never going to be as simple as a lockdown.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6057 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 08:27:22 »

The people too blame for the second wave is the general public, our decisions as a whole have let the virus rip through the country. 

Don't get me wrong, messaging should have been better but giving that the government are trying to balance economy and health it was never going to be as simple as a lockdown.

Not true.  A large majority of 'the people' have done everything asked of them.

I've seen lots of this circulating in recent weeks.  'Lockdown #2 is the people's fault' etc.  You might as well add 'Signed D Cummings' at the bottom.  It's disingenuous blame shifting from a government that had the best part of half a year to get a properly functioning track & trace system ready in time for autumn/winter.  They failed.  And now it's our fault.  Shower of bastards, the lot of them.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6058 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 08:44:13 »

Not true.  A large majority of 'the people' have done everything asked of them.

I've seen lots of this circulating in recent weeks.  'Lockdown #2 is the people's fault' etc.  You might as well add 'Signed D Cummings' at the bottom.  It's disingenuous blame shifting from a government that had the best part of half a year to get a properly functioning track & trace system ready in time for autumn/winter.  They failed.  And now it's our fault.  Shower of bastards, the lot of them.
Doesn't the lockdowns in both France and Germany counter your argument?

Think its a combination of things. Testing and track and trace need to significantly improve. Poor people behaviours, where the rules apply to everyone else. Different approaches in England, Scotland and Wales need to coalesce. Political point scoring and the media whipping up a frenzy needs to stop. Economics winning out over scientific advice need to change.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6059 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 08:47:21 »

I think this virus shows whoever is in charge it makes no difference. See the rest of the world/europe for clues.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: