Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1205563 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5850 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:13:17 »

Just looking at the new measures Mancock is announcing (from the BBC)

Mr Hancock confirms the new rules for the Liverpool City Region, Warrington, Hartlepool and Middlesbrough are as follows:

Recommendation against all social mixing between people in different households
Regulations to be brought in to prevent social mixing between different households anywhere apart from outdoor public spaces such as parks and outdoor hospitality settings
Recommendation people should not attend professional or amateur sporting events as spectators
Recommendation people only visit care homes in "exceptional circumstances"
And guidance against all but essential travel, such as going to work or school

So its 'recommendations' now rather than 'rules'?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5851 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:15:48 »

Just looking at the new measures Mancock is announcing (from the BBC)

Mr Hancock confirms the new rules for the Liverpool City Region, Warrington, Hartlepool and Middlesbrough are as follows:

Recommendation against all social mixing between people in different households
Regulations to be brought in to prevent social mixing between different households anywhere apart from outdoor public spaces such as parks and outdoor hospitality settings
Recommendation people should not attend professional or amateur sporting events as spectators
Recommendation people only visit care homes in "exceptional circumstances"
And guidance against all but essential travel, such as going to work or school

So its 'recommendations' now rather than 'rules'?
Recommendations are guidelines, regulations have force of law as I understand it, so only point 2 in that list. But I'd be minded to look at the regs themselves, the BBC have been very sloppy in their reporting of this
Flashheart

« Reply #5852 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:27:07 »

I see Boris dad was caught without wearing a mask in a shop.

Says he was extremely sorry and wasnt aware of the rules

Oh piss off

But he didn't wear a mask in a limited and very specific way.

I noticed the sun went with Corbyn being at a dinner with more than 6 people. OK, fair enough - he should be fined as well.

But not a mention of Boris' dad.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5853 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:30:20 »

As a old age man, whose son was 'seriously' ill with Covid, you would have thought that he would have more sense. That said the name Johnson and the word sense can hardly be used in the same sentance

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5854 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:31:41 »

As a old age man, whose son was 'seriously' ill with Covid, you would have thought that he would have more sense. That said the name Johnson and the word sense can hardly be used in the same sentance
Everyone knows the rules don't apply to them. That's why Johnson Sr wasn't aware of the rules - why bother to find out what the rules are when they only apply to the plebs?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5855 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:35:20 »

Perhaps he was distracted by seeing the name 'Johnson' on a bottle of baby shampoo and was testing his eyesight by having a closer look?

I come from a land down-under
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5856 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:38:33 »

But he didn't wear a mask in a limited and very specific way.

I noticed the sun went with Corbyn being at a dinner with more than 6 people. OK, fair enough - he should be fined as well.

But not a mention of Boris' dad.

Is there any wonder why some of the UK general public aren't doing what they are 'told' when politicians and well known people like Corbyn, Cummins and Bojo's dad are blatantly NOT doing as they should be told.

Re the Corbyn photo, was that event definitely after the rule of 6 had been applied? Wouldn't surprise me if the Sun had sourced a photo from a while ago.

Bojo's dad is a prize tool.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #5857 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:49:44 »

Re the Corbyn photo, was that event definitely after the rule of 6 had been applied? Wouldn't surprise me if the Sun had sourced a photo from a while ago.

This did cross my mind, I would not put it past them.

But Corbyn's apparently admitted it and apologised - and is paying the fine. That doesn't undo what he did; he's still a bellend for doing it, but at least he did apologise etc.

Meanwhile, Stanley Johnson makes pathetic excuses.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5858 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:50:43 »

This did cross my mind, I would not put it past them.

But Corbyn's apparently admitted it and apologised - and is paying the fine. That doesn't undo what he did; he's still a bellend for doing it, but at least he did apologise etc.

Meanwhile, Stanley Johnson makes pathetic excuses.
Both a pair of dickheads. Public hanging for both (and Cummings), set an example Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5859 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 11:05:49 »

I don't want to be all tin foil haty but I am still not convinced that Johnson had it (or had it as bad as was made out!), if you had been at deaths door as has been suggested you would Shirley be taking things more seriously (As would his ministers if a close colleague had suffered)! 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5860 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 11:25:40 »

I don't want to be all tin foil haty but I am still not convinced that Johnson had it (or had it as bad as was made out!), if you had been at deaths door as has been suggested you would Shirley be taking things more seriously (As would his ministers if a close colleague had suffered)! 

My thoughts exactly
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5861 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 19:23:31 »

Both a pair of dickheads. Public hanging for both (and Cummings), set an example Smiley
And you can add that silly SNP MP to the list, too. Apology accepted, now resign
Hunk

« Reply #5862 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 19:59:59 »

And you can add that silly SNP MP to the list, too. Apology accepted, now resign

What on Earth was she thinking? Travelling to Westminster when you have symptoms is bad enough, but to actually use public transport to get back home when you KNOW you have Covid-19...? That boggles my mind
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5863 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 20:28:57 »

What on Earth was she thinking? Travelling to Westminster when you have symptoms is bad enough, but to actually use public transport to get back home when you KNOW you have Covid-19...? That boggles my mind
Indeed, it's Cummings-level idiocy and self-regard. Although I suppose at least she admitted she was at fault
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #5864 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 20:47:46 »

Indeed, it's Cummings-level idiocy and self-regard. Although I suppose at least she admitted she was at fault

This is surely much worse? She actually put people at risk not once but twice.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: