Pages: 1 ... 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1204501 times)
Valid Pint

« Reply #5640 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 12:22:47 »

Let's close off parts of roads in Swindon for spatial distancing.

Another COVID cop-out.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #5641 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 12:39:03 »

The cynic in me says they did that scheme to boost the hospitality sector knowing full well this would be happening again and be able to tide them over for a bit

Exactly, it put money into the restaurant industry, appeased those wanting to get out and a shot in the arm for the Taxman.

Ignore
« Reply #5642 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 13:16:54 »

Do people take the slightest bit of notice of what the government are saying on this?
In my experience they're not. This is due to the constant hypocrisy and lies from the mouths of the cabinet ministers wheeled out daily to blunder their ways through interviews. Not to mention the Cummings, Barnard castle farce.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 13:18:47 by Arriba » Logged
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #5643 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 13:36:36 »

Hancock basically saying that if there is a national lockdown the public will only have themselves to blame.

Getting the blame in ready i see

The general public are a big part of the problem.  Read yesterday on the bbc news about the big surge in Bolton caused by some one coming back from holiday and then 2 days later going on a pub crawl, that how easy it is to spread.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #5644 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 13:55:14 »

The general public are a big part of the problem.  Read yesterday on the bbc news about the big surge in Bolton caused by some one coming back from holiday and then 2 days later going on a pub crawl, that how easy it is to spread.

The same happened in Devizes a fortnight or so ago.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5645 on: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 14:08:38 »

Four senior staff at my daughters school are self-isolating as all their children have started showing symptoms over the weekend. Has anyone else experienced similar and if so how did the school manage it?

The school my daughter goes to have been absolutely incredible throughout 2020. They'll be gutted if they have to shut it down.

Schools have done as much as they can but had no help from the government. Each school across the country has received 10 tests. So in a school of 1300, that simply isn’t enough.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5646 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 07:16:21 »

Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance addressing the nation at 11am.

PM nowhere to be seen mind
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5647 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 07:21:07 »

He'll be at a bunga bunga party with Russian oligarchs. Can't do everything
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5648 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 07:54:03 »

Blaming Listening to science

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5649 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 08:01:11 »

Apparently he's going to speak after. Though nobody defined when after, 5 minutes, 5 days. Who knows.

I think they know Johnson and the Goverment have a credibility issue, hence not being there. Though Johnson is more likely to be having a long weekend. In any case Whitty will be deemed guilty by association by many.
------------
I've thought about the situation of not listening to the bullshitters and come up with this perspective:
 It doesn't really matter if you don't believe them.
 It doesn't really matter if you don't think the virus is a threat to you and yours and that deadly*.
 It does matter getting the numbers down if we want to get back to football, theatres, gigs, etc. Unless the Government science advisors see threat lowering, then they aren't happening. So in the absense of new data saying its weakening, complience is most likely to get us there.

* Facebook Karens.

I really don't understand the mentality that says "they're using it to control us, its all fake". Even out goverment aren't so self distructive, they are selfish shits from the self preservation society. They already  have enough termoil to soften Brexit in the Covid financial figures.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5650 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 09:10:43 »

Behavioural scientists have been pointing out that the £10k fine is likely to achieve the opposite of what govt intends: rather than ensuring people self-isolate, it will just make those who think self-isolation might cause them a problem avoid taking a test.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5651 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 09:50:46 »

I really don't understand the mentality that says "they're using it to control us, its all fake". Even out goverment aren't so self distructive, they are selfish shits from the self preservation society. They already  have enough termoil to soften Brexit in the Covid financial figures.

I also do not understand those who say the number of deaths are vastly over-reported & that 'hardly anybody has really died of it"
While the governement daily statistics are highly inaccurate, these people do not want to seem to address the issue of the 55,000+ excess deaths and how these have arisen

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5652 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 10:19:59 »

I think Whitty just cleared the way for a mini lockdown
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5653 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 10:23:55 »

I think Whitty just cleared the way for a mini lockdown
Hopefully it will be a bit more nuanced than last time, taking into account the greater knowledge we now have (e.g. much lower risk of transmission outdoors should mean we don't need to halt all organised sports again)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5654 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 10:31:40 »

Nice to see that #SackVallance and #sackwhitty are trending on Twitter, we really are rather doomed as a species!
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: