Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1203341 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5550 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 09:30:13 »

Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5551 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 14:43:14 »

Rumours that the govt are looking at delaying the return of crowds to sporting events beyond October due to concerns at recent spikes in infections. Obviously, that could seriously fuck us up, and pretty much the whole of the Football League.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5552 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 14:52:10 »

I think it's inevitable Paul (both)

it makes no sense to ban groups of more than 6 then allow a few thousand into football.

Doncaster races have been told no crowds after Wednesday (wonder which mp got a freebe for Wednesday?)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5553 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 15:16:10 »

Bumbling through this presser as per normal
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5554 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 15:20:37 »

Someone who lives in south east Larndon and has epilepsy and doesn't drive...

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5555 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 15:33:12 »

Bumbling through this presser as per normal

Buzzwords, slogans & incompetence

I come from a land down-under
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5556 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 15:33:50 »

Rolling out tests that give result in 20 minutes. 500,000 a week by next month, millions by Xmas. To enable events with audiences/crowds to mingle as per pre Covid people will have to prove they have tested negative.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5557 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 15:40:01 »

I think it's inevitable Paul (both)

it makes no sense to ban groups of more than 6 then allow a few thousand into football.
There's a difference though isn't there between a highly supervised and regulated environment of allowing mass attendance at sporting events versus a few dozen people down the park being relied upon to self-regulate. I get the optics aren't good, and I think you're right that it will be delayed, but actually once you think about it, it's apples and oranges
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5558 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 15:42:17 »

Doncaster races have been told no crowds after Wednesday (wonder which mp got a freebe for Wednesday?)
It's a mystery why Matt Hancock, who has received over £350,000 donations from wealthy horseracing figures, & Dido Harding, who sits on the board of the Jockey club, haven't put a stop to the 4 day St Leger racing festival... there again..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5559 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 15:42:33 »

Rolling out tests that give result in 20 minutes. 500,000 a week by next month, millions by Xmas.
If they spent more time focusing on how to deliver the last 89 things they announced and less time announcing things they know they're not going to deliver, people might be more inclined to believe this shit. It's just all deflection.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5560 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 15:42:40 »

Rolling out tests that give result in 20 minutes. 500,000 a week by next month, millions by Xmas. To enable events with audiences/crowds to mingle as per pre Covid people will have to prove they have tested negative.

I should probably do some research, but it has confused me how so little has been pushed on the rapid testing front when all the talk has been about vaccines.  We know the latter comes with risks and delays, so could more have been done to get rapid results testing designed earlier on?  Certainly with a highly infectious virus, having to wait days for results must basically render testing next to useless other than as a way of identifying trends.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5561 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 16:07:39 »

So I'm heading to Turkey in a few weeks which is fine as a UK airbridge (no quarantine on return) but I'm flying in via Kos then getting the short boat trip to Turkey. Now the Government has just put a load of Greek places and islands on the quarantine list. Kos isn't one of them.

I've read through all the entry requirements etc, various passenger forms that need to be filled out, and I'm cool with doing what is required. What I can't see is anything to tell me about short term stop-overs. Basically I'll arrive in Kos too late to get the ferry so will be staying overnight in Kos then getting the ferry to Turkey the next day. All the information talks more towards people who are "holidaying" in Greece but I'm going to be there for less than 24hrs and essentially just stopping over.

My concern is more to do with returning (boat back to Kos and Flight home), as I will be doing that all in the same day. Hypothetically, if they test me and it's positive when arriving back in Greece they say that I would have to quarantine in the hotel I'm staying in or "Gov provided accoms" (not sure what that is/entails) but I'm not staying in a hotel/bnb on the way back and just travelling through.
At no cost to myself.  So would they allow me to travel on my flight to the UK and then be advised to quarantine on return or would they make me stay in Greece for 2 weeks?

I don't mind, if I had to spend 2 weeks in Kos after being in Turkey, then fine but I just feel like there's not much clarity on how these airbridges work, and links where other countries have air bridges (Greece-Turkey flying is closed but Ferry Ports are fully operational at time of writing) too.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated, also BO this is for you...there seems to be some conflicting advice regarding E-Visas. Some are saying I need one for Turkey yet it appears that a UK citizen can travel to Turkey without one for upto 90 days? Be decent if you could advise. Since you've recently travelled there.

Cheers anyone.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5562 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 16:09:32 »

Why didnt you fly to Turkey direct out of interest?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5563 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 16:14:46 »

I’d imagine now that the holiday season is petering out - especially for the pissed up Brit brigade - no more islands will be added to the list. I can see Zakynthos from my terrace and the ferry lands 100m from my house with no restrictions on the comings and goings of people.

If people are allowed to travel unhindered via ferry from Zak I can’t see Kos proving to be a problem.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5564 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 16:20:14 »

Test results back in just over 24 hours: negative. Hurrah.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: