Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1205782 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5520 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 07:58:23 »

In terms of safety, It doesn’t matter if you drive 1 mile with the virus or 100 miles does it? As long as you obviously don’t get out the car

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5521 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:00:09 »

I don't understand why there should be these shortages of tests, being reported all over the country that people are having to drive miles for tests and Hancock has now said they're *aiming* for people to *only* have to drive 75 miles for a test. What have they been doing for 6 months?

I can see if you live in very rural places you might need to drive a bit. That's understandable.  But most people don't live 75 miles from a town.

Resources must not be there, simple as that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5522 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:02:39 »

What about the two test sites in town? Doesn't make any sense.

What, that there are 2? Or that they were booked up?

I guess having 2 makes sense in that we were looking at a possible local spike not so long ago. When things go exponential (r>1) cases ramp pretty quickly. You need the capacity in place before so that you can get people into isolation ASAP if needed.

Ignore
« Reply #5523 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:37:50 »

In terms of safety, It doesn’t matter if you drive 1 mile with the virus or 100 miles does it? As long as you obviously don’t get out the car

Of course it does. What about the safety of other road users. If you're ill you don't want to be driving do you?
It may have an effect on concentration etc.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5524 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:38:50 »

It does if you're not very well. If you're feeling quite unwell, which some of these people have been, it's clearly better if you can access a test site a couple of miles away, which would make a bus or taxi feasible rather than driving 75 miles when you're not well.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5525 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:39:06 »

I can see if you live in very rural places you might need to drive a bit. That's understandable.  But most people don't live 75 miles from a town.

Resources must not be there, simple as that.

Its world beating though
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5526 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:41:31 »

Of course it does. What about the safety of other road users. If you're ill you don't want to be driving do you?
It may have an effect on concentration etc.
Or eye sight Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5527 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:41:57 »

Booked a test last night for one of my daughters who has symptoms, got a slot at 11.30am today at the CG test site.
Hope it's all clear

Ignore
« Reply #5528 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:42:53 »

Or eye sight Smiley
Only exempt with trips to Barnard castle though

Ignore
« Reply #5529 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:44:29 »

My brother's wife who was trying to book a test was informed that the earliest available date in Swindon was for Friday of this week. So how they're now having slots available is beyond me?
Glad to hear they are now available mind and wish your child all the best Sam.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:51:24 by Arriba » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5530 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:50:50 »

What amazes me is every time I’ve drove past one of the Swindon test sites there doesn’t seem to be any cars in there at all. Yet no-one can seemingly get a test.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5531 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:52:45 »

My brother's wife who was trying to book a test was informed that the earliest available date in Swindon was for Friday of this week. So how they're now having slots available is beyond me?
Maybe there weren't test resources available when she asked and they've now increased the resources in Swindon as we are deemed an area of concern. Although, one of the people I heard talking about been told to drive over 100 miles was in Leicester which is in lockdown so not sure how that makes sense. It's chaotic.

As I said, they've had six months to sort this out and it's still a fucking mess. Lockdown should have been an opportunity to buy some time to sort this shit out, but they seem to have spent it shovelling millions of taxpayers' money to their dodgy mates for non-existent PPE rather than sorting out a working TTI system. Another wasted opportunity, bought at huge expense and squandered; worrying as we come in to the autumn and winter.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5532 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 08:53:10 »

What amazes me is every time I’ve drove past one of the Swindon test sites there doesn’t seem to be any cars in there at all. Yet no-one can seemingly get a test.
Which suggests the problem is test kits, not slots
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5533 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 09:46:36 »

It does if you're not very well. If you're feeling quite unwell, which some of these people have been, it's clearly better if you can access a test site a couple of miles away, which would make a bus or taxi feasible rather than driving 75 miles when you're not well.

Erm, I don’t know if you’ve been paying attention to the news but it’s government advice that to test to see if you are fit to drive you should embark on a lengthy drive first

QED

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5534 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 09:47:47 »

Glad to hear they are now available mind and wish your child all the best Sam.

Anecdotally, but doing things like trying to use a different device or resetting your browser has been found to mean people have got different results when applying for a test

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: