Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188661 times)
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #5370 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 08:26:58 »

So what you're saying then is that all this mess is your fault? Superspreader Hitchinred Wink

Unlikely as I didn’t actually leave the house anyway and worked from home as my colleagues knew where I’d been and my wife had stocked up on food as well. Just like lockdown, just 12 days ahead of the official directive. Subsequent to that I had to get car MOT done and travelled to the office on one day to collect stuff and managed to pick the virus up somewhere, starting my 4 week coronavirus battle around 1st April, luckily managed at home.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5371 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 08:44:24 »

I came back from northern Italy on 11th March with rules stating to go in to 14 days self isolation. On Friday 13th March they changed the rules to only self isolate for 7 days if you had symptoms. I thought it was madness at the time and it appears the Home Affairs select committee agree with me!

Wait, was there self isolation advice around that time?? When was that brought in?

I flew back from New York on 9th March - seeing how bad things got since then maybe everything that’s happened was all my fault. And I didn’t self isolate as can’t remember being told too - the only guidance of any sort I got was a Heathrow employee in the arrivals queue telling people to use the hand sanitizer before going through passport control

Things get better but they never get good
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #5372 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:15:14 »

Wait, was there self isolation advice around that time?? When was that brought in?

I flew back from New York on 9th March - seeing how bad things got since then maybe everything that’s happened was all my fault. And I didn’t self isolate as can’t remember being told too - the only guidance of any sort I got was a Heathrow employee in the arrivals queue telling people to use the hand sanitizer before going through passport control

No, you're ok.  We can't blame you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_COVID-19_pandemic_in_the_United_Kingdom#March
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5373 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:16:31 »

Unlikely as I didn’t actually leave the house anyway and worked from home as my colleagues knew where I’d been and my wife had stocked up on food as well. Just like lockdown, just 12 days ahead of the official directive. Subsequent to that I had to get car MOT done and travelled to the office on one day to collect stuff and managed to pick the virus up somewhere, starting my 4 week coronavirus battle around 1st April, luckily managed at home.
TBF I was joking but that's an extensively detailed alibi Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5374 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:24:31 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53672841

How the hell could this not be considered a conflict of interest.

My god, the tedious ethics training we have to go through makes this kind of thing very clear red flag. Maybe something actually cleared it I suppose, we were desperate after all.

It has emerged that the person who originally approached the government about the deal was a government trade adviser who also advises the board of Ayanda.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5375 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:28:28 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53672841

How the hell could this not be considered a conflict of interest.

My god, the tedious ethics training we have to go through makes this kind of thing very clear red flag. Maybe something actually cleared it I suppose, we were desperate after all.

It's just flat out corrupt. One of over £1bn worth of untendered contracts the govt have dished out to their mates since the start of the crisis. I get that in a crisis normal procedures might have to be expedited and the priority is in getting the kit in, but there's hundreds of millions been handed out to companies with no previous trading history or who used to be website builders etc for PPE that never arrived and probably never existed. With no oversight. Putin must be so proud of his proteges.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5376 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:56:33 »

Telegraph, which seems to have become the Johnson troika's favoured vehicle for floating ideas they can then row back on if there's a backlash, suggesting that care homes, businesses and even private homes could be demolished as a means of decontamination in the event of a severe Covid outbreak

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/08/04/councilscan-demolish-contaminated-buildings-new-powers-stop/

Which even by the epically stupid standards of this govt really does plumb new depths of stupid.

Ignore
« Reply #5377 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 10:10:27 »

Good programme on bbc1 last night. Worth watching if you missed it.

On another note, Swindon has had more cases recently than Aberdeen but look what they've done there compared to here. Lockdown compared to carry on as usual. People tested at Iceland's depot were tested, went back to work then got texts 4 hours later telling them they had covid. Shambles..
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5378 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 10:13:38 »

That’s because Aberdeen’s numbers are community spread, Swindon’s can be pinpointed to one warehouse which, touch wood, doesn’t appear to have spread into the wider community (albeit early to tell, but new infections have come down to small numbers in the last two days)

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5379 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 10:54:11 »

Fire station was affected as well i believe
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5380 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 11:29:47 »

and b&q (not sure if shop or warehouse) if I overheard a phone conversation correctly.. which I may not
Valid Pint

« Reply #5381 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 12:10:45 »

Zero corona virus deaths at Swindon's GWH for 29th day running.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5382 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 13:16:50 »

Actually, they linked the genetic make-up of the virus in NY to Europe rather than China, so you more likely gave the virus to NY.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5383 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 14:49:17 »

That’s alright then

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5384 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 15:03:32 »

Actually, they linked the genetic make-up of the virus in NY to Europe rather than China, so you more likely gave the virus to NY.
So Hitchinred brought it back from Italy, infected Dave who then went on to devastate New York and from there the entire continental US. You two have a lot to answer for
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: