Pages: 1 ... 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1203669 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #5265 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 19:26:18 »

Losing hard earned cash on holidays booked pre-covid is a shitter.  I am less sympathetic where the loss arises from holidays booked post-covid.

I mentioned in a previous post that we should get out and holiday in the UK. Let's support the economy (in a socially distanced and covid compliant way) before it all goes south in the new year.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5266 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 19:28:34 »

Sorry guys, but there's a pandemic out there (in the world). I'm in the same boat, having a holiday to Spain booked for over a year at the end of August.

No help from the British government but it's ok to give China millions
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8550287/UK-gives-71m-China-just-one-year.html
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 19:43:28 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #5267 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 19:33:52 »

yeah I get the reasoning to an extent.

I just see no evidence of increased risk in traveling to the canaries compared to France

still, can't do much

Really sorry.  You're taking it better than I would, especially re not being able to claim.  I assume problem is that FCO is only advising against travel to mainland Spain?  Effectively rendering your island holiday impossible for you but not cancellable.

Equally feel for people currently in Spain who traveled there in good faith believing that they wouldn't need to self-isolate and now will have to regardless of the cost to them.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #5268 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 20:12:54 »

Really sorry.  You're taking it better than I would, especially re not being able to claim.  I assume problem is that FCO is only advising against travel to mainland Spain?  Effectively rendering your island holiday impossible for you but not cancellable.

Equally feel for people currently in Spain who traveled there in good faith believing that they wouldn't need to self-isolate and now will have to regardless of the cost to them.

People should be aware it might change, if not then it's their own fault. 
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5269 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 20:20:09 »

Grant Shapps the transport secretary is apparently on holiday in Spain.

Odds on him doing 14 day quarantine when he gets back?

Never knowingly overstated.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5270 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 20:59:39 »

Will he fuck. The smarmy twat.

He’ll get tested and be back at work on monday
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5271 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 06:31:22 »

Are the Town players still in Spain?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #5272 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 06:48:58 »

Are the Town players still in Spain?

Grant tweeted a pic of him and Isgrove from there yesterday.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #5273 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 07:52:53 »

Isgroves with his mrs there, would imagine the others are back. Dont think many went anyway?
Panda Paws

« Reply #5274 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 07:57:05 »

Half of the football league are in Ibiza at the moment. Going to wreak havoc with pre season.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5275 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 07:59:56 »

Will he fuck. The smarmy twat.

He’ll get tested and be back at work on monday

Are you allowed to not quarantine once you successfully pass a test upon returning??

Genuine question, because I don’t see a reason why that shouldn’t be allowed unless I’ve missed something really obvious. Would help people like batch too in his situation

Wouldn’t be any more or less enforceable than a 14 day quarantine is at the moment anyway - you’d just need to have the proof of a successful test if questioned, and if you can’t provide any then you get treated as if breaking quarantine

Things get better but they never get good
tans

Ignore
« Reply #5276 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 08:18:07 »

Are you allowed to not quarantine once you successfully pass a test upon returning??

Genuine question, because I don’t see a reason why that shouldn’t be allowed unless I’ve missed something really obvious. Would help people like batch too in his situation

Wouldn’t be any more or less enforceable than a 14 day quarantine is at the moment anyway - you’d just need to have the proof of a successful test if questioned, and if you can’t provide any then you get treated as if breaking quarantine

Im not sure dave, surely its just the same as having symptoms or being in contact with someone who has, having a test, comes back negative and then you can go back to work.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #5277 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 08:20:47 »

I was thinking the same. Go to Spain, come back, get tested, get the all clear, go back to work. How's that not a more reasonable system?  Took my daughter to Piper's Way yesterday to get a test at ten in the morning as she was running a temp/had a slight cough, got the negative result back at seven this morning. Straight back down the mines for her, bish bash bosh. Really struggling to understand the need for these two weeks when you can just get a test done upon return
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5278 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 08:27:42 »

Who actually enforces the quarantine, when it was allegedly in place previously social media was full of people coming back into UK airports expecting to have details taken and advice given and just walking through the airport with no contact or engagement at all.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #5279 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 08:28:57 »

Plus if everyone coming back from Spain had to take a test that would be a healthy contribution to the government's daily testing targets, or is that no longer a thing?
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: