Pages: 1 ... 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1201852 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5250 on: Thursday, July 23, 2020, 11:02:43 »

There seems to be a lot in the press today as to whether certain stores will or will not stop people entering without a face mask. The question should not be whether they will or won't - rather (unless you are in the exemption groups) why on earth would you try to go without a mask when you know it is a requirement? I know it might not look 'normal' or 'cool' but even if there is a slight chance masks may stop the spread, then people should want to do what they can and not see it as a imposition
Exactly so. I assume the same stores will be fine if I wander in bollock naked then?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5251 on: Thursday, July 23, 2020, 13:30:37 »

There seems to be a lot in the press today as to whether certain stores will or will not stop people entering without a face mask. The question should not be whether they will or won't - rather (unless you are in the exemption groups) why on earth would you try to go without a mask when you know it is a requirement? I know it might not look 'normal' or 'cool' but even if there is a slight chance masks may stop the spread, then people should want to do what they can and not see it as a imposition

I went to Aldi this morning and there was a greater proportion of shoppers wearing face coverings than I've typically seen, I'd say around 50%. However, if I hadn't been wearing a face covering to shops since lockdown, I would have wannted to trial today before it becomes mandatory and in a way I'm surprised half of the shop hadn't thought of this, but in another I'm not.

I feel for the shop staff tomorrow as I've no doubt there are going to be plenty of arguments with customers, particularly with shops being busier at the weekend.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5252 on: Thursday, July 23, 2020, 13:46:45 »

And 4 established very busy venues 2 in Hull and 2 in Manchester have announced their closure today.  All this shit is just going to accelerate.

In a small ray of light the two Manchester venues will continue under new ownership.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/live-music-will-lift-uk-economy-says-deaf-institute-gorilla-saviour/
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5253 on: Thursday, July 23, 2020, 14:15:27 »

Exactly so. I assume the same stores will be fine if I wander in bollock naked then?

I presume there will be organised protests of this nature
Panda Paws

« Reply #5254 on: Thursday, July 23, 2020, 14:27:09 »

I feel for the shop staff tomorrow as I've no doubt there are going to be plenty of arguments with customers, particularly with shops being busier at the weekend.

Shouldn't be. It's not the shop staff's job to enforce and I'm sure most retailers will be saying exactly that.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5255 on: Thursday, July 23, 2020, 14:49:27 »

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-deaths-during-coronavirus-outbreak-period-were-179k-higher-usual-report

Similar to the UK in terms of overall Excess Deaths being higher than the total attributed to the Virus itself, which goes to show the impact of a virus on a society (regardless of any reporting inaccuracies around cause).

Ignore
« Reply #5256 on: Thursday, July 23, 2020, 20:01:47 »

Mask wearing rules and regs released less than 12 hours before it becomes mandatory. You couldn't make this ineptitude up.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5257 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 18:11:39 »

Spain added to the quarantine list as of midnight
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5258 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 18:23:19 »

I am absolutely gutted.

going to lose holiday and the money spent on it 😭 can't quarentine for 14 days so can't go
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5259 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 18:30:52 »

I am absolutely gutted.

going to lose holiday and the money spent on it 😭 can't quarentine for 14 days so can't go

That's really poor and no consideration to the thousands like that will have lost money

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5260 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 18:33:52 »

is what it is. to say we can't go is a slight exaggeration. we could. son then misses GCSE results/college enrolement and Mrs B is a teacher that needs to get into school to prep classroom.

we'll have to see if the hotel will move dates for us (doubt it) and no chance Ryanair will do anything.

holiday insurance has a pandemic clause in it. we booked pre-covid and didn't even think to check on such a clause.
-------
to say the canaries have had a surge is a bit misleading. 144 active cases across all Islands

but they are bound to be treated the same as mainland spain.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5261 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 18:40:21 »

is what it is. to say we can't go is a slight exaggeration. we could. son then misses GCSE results/college enrolement and Mrs B is a teacher that needs to get into school to prep classroom.

we'll have to see if the hotel will move dates for us (doubt it) and no chance Ryanair will do anything.

holiday insurance has a pandemic clause in it. we booked pre-covid and didn't even think to check on such a clause.
-------
to say the canaries have had a surge is a bit misleading. 144 active cases across all Islands

I feel for you and your family and it seems unfair that you save for months and through no thought of your own end up with nothing unless they can move the dates I guess until next year

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5262 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 19:03:08 »

-------

That’s really shit Batch. So frustrating the timing as well. Hope you somehow can manage some kind of recompense or an acceptable alternative as none of this is your fault.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5263 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 19:06:14 »

Sorry guys, but there's a pandemic out there (in the world). I'm in the same boat, having a holiday to Spain booked for over a year at the end of August.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5264 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 19:12:51 »

yeah I get the reasoning to an extent.

I just see no evidence of increased risk in traveling to the canaries compared to France

still, can't do much
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: