Pages: 1 ... 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1205574 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5235 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 15:46:49 »

Quote from: tans
Game changer

it's great news, but far from knowing how effective it is yet.

but it is still too soon to know if this is enough to offer protection and larger trials are under way.

as fh says, fingers crossed
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5236 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 16:08:16 »

But it does sound positive. There's one in China as well which is apparently further down the road. Remember, there's 23 in clinical trial stage already, and another 140 at earlier stages. Fingers crossed that 2 or 3 come good as soon as possible. Doesn't sound like much hope of anything ready at scale before the autumn/winter flu wave though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5237 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 10:00:28 »

Track and trace seems a bit random up here....

https://twitter.com/CumbriaCC/status/1285254594038304772?s=20
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5238 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 13:22:35 »

But it does sound positive. There's one in China as well which is apparently further down the road. Remember, there's 23 in clinical trial stage already, and another 140 at earlier stages. Fingers crossed that 2 or 3 come good as soon as possible. Doesn't sound like much hope of anything ready at scale before the autumn/winter flu wave though.

China has the added advantage of forcing people to take part in the trial, allegedly.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5239 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 13:51:04 »

Can’t wait to buy my covid vaccine from Wish

Things get better but they never get good
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5240 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 14:03:13 »

Why do people, specifically in the UK (USA is a little different due to the Constitution creating lots of grey areas), keep on whittling on about Freedoms and Rights when talking about their opposition to wearing a bit of cloth over their mouth?

It seems people have gotten a little lost of over the years because the UK is not a "free" society and there are no such right in existence.  There is a Human Rights Act, but that makes it very clear that laws can exist to restrict your "freedom" and it merely protects against pretty obvious nasties such as Slavery.

Nobody seems to be up in arms about the fact they are forced to put on underwear before they leave the house every day, yet being exposed to someone's  bollocks is far less offensive than being exposed to their ability to pass on a virus, no?

So maybe they can take a trade and get more freedom as a result - wear a fucking mask and walk around fully naked on the rest of your body.  Sorted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5241 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 14:34:58 »

Why do people, specifically in the UK (USA is a little different due to the Constitution creating lots of grey areas), keep on whittling on about Freedoms and Rights when talking about their opposition to wearing a bit of cloth over their mouth?

Because they're fucking idiots. HTH.

Nobody seems to be up in arms about the fact they are forced to put on underwear before they leave the house every day

er. er...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 14:36:56 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5242 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 14:41:51 »

It seems people have gotten a little lost of over the years because the UK is not a "free" society and there are no such right in existence.  There is a Human Rights Act, but that makes it very clear that laws can exist to restrict your "freedom" and it merely protects against pretty obvious nasties such as Slavery.

Thing is many of those wittering on about masks are the same who feel Humans Rights Acts are all a libtard plot.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5243 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 16:32:36 »

Outbreaks at Royal Mail, Honda, Iceland's logistics company and the Fire service, but incidence in Swindon still low compared with country generally apparently

https://www.swindon.gov.uk/news/article/487/multiagency_covid-19_response_in_swindon
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5244 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 16:36:17 »

The "outbreak" at Royal Mail and Honda was only one reported case each, with little information about whether they were caught on-site or an off site test and confirmation so need to be careful not over react, however, that's not saying that we should not be taking it seriously and remain very cautious..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5245 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 18:01:24 »

Outbreaks at Royal Mail, Honda, Iceland's logistics company and the Fire service, but incidence in Swindon still low compared with country generally apparently

https://www.swindon.gov.uk/news/article/487/multiagency_covid-19_response_in_swindon

And still not testing at GWH

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5246 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 18:41:45 »

Because they're fucking idiots. HTH.

Thick, selfish, fucking idiots
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #5247 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 21:36:46 »

And still not testing at GWH

What do you mean not testing, at all or testing staff every week or so?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5248 on: Thursday, July 23, 2020, 08:28:30 »

He's talking bollocks. Tests are available to all staff. I've had my antibody test, I never bothered with the live test as I've not shown any symptoms.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5249 on: Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:51:06 »

There seems to be a lot in the press today as to whether certain stores will or will not stop people entering without a face mask. The question should not be whether they will or won't - rather (unless you are in the exemption groups) why on earth would you try to go without a mask when you know it is a requirement? I know it might not look 'normal' or 'cool' but even if there is a slight chance masks may stop the spread, then people should want to do what they can and not see it as a imposition

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: