Pages: 1 ... 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1205742 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5220 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 11:17:33 »

His announcement also said they have looked at scientific advice but they have taken the decision.  I.E - We've ignored scientific advice.

It was the same bunkum that he comes out with constantly.  We can allow you to do this.  Indoor gigs apparently.  But no one will do them.  In the same way I can have an orgy with a troupe of cheerleaders, it's not going to happen.  But he's said it now so the Express can have a piece on the front cover saying 'Boris Saves the country'.  Again.  Fluff and bluster to make himself and the unthinking feel good.  And him and his cronies continue to lie.  Yesterday Hancock saying the lockdown came in on the 16th.  Thats an outrageous fucking barefaced lie to us and to parliament. 

Liars and cheats carving up the country whilst peoples business and lives lie in tatters.  Whilst people die.

Horrible murdering scum.

Suffice to say I won be voting for them. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5221 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 11:21:22 »

Ha, this is very similar for me.  All of a sudden my dad is posting lots of "all live matter" posts which wind me up big time - not the fact that he has differing views to me, but more that he doesn't get how posting certain things makes him look on Social Media - His generation does not understand how Social Media works so it's not his fault, but no matter how many times i try to educate him on who can see his posts, why he shouldn't share random stuff that people he doesn't know post and the fact that propaganda bots exist and he doesn't get what they are, he still does it..

It has made me realise that although in most cases it is a generational thing, I didn't realise what strong views my parents have - which is probably a nod to their parenting skills as they never pushed their views on to me.

I think you are right about the generation thing, (this is a throw away comment so could be completely wrong) it seems as people get older their political beliefs get more away from the centre. My stepdad has always been a confrontational character and I'm sure he just posts to try and get a reaction. I can remember when I was a kid we would watch Children's TV and my Granddad would sneer whenever Andi Peters came onto the screen. He would say 'ugh, what is he doing on my TV etc' but would always do it in a 'jokey' way that we would find funny for whatever reason.

Luckily I don't appear to have the same tendancies and like to think I am way more tolerant of people regardless of race etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5222 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 11:24:49 »

I think you are right about the generation thing, (this is a throw away comment so could be completely wrong) it seems as people get older their political beliefs get more away from the centre. My stepdad has always been a confrontational character and I'm sure he just posts to try and get a reaction. I can remember when I was a kid we would watch Children's TV and my Granddad would sneer whenever Andi Peters came onto the screen. He would say 'ugh, what is he doing on my TV etc' but would always do it in a 'jokey' way that we would find funny for whatever reason.

Luckily I don't appear to have the same tendancies and like to think I am way more tolerant of people regardless of race etc.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5223 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 15:57:17 »

Getting the train to Didcot Parkway all face masked up. People seem to be wearing masks to the train and then taking them off for the journey.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #5224 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 16:35:19 »

Second wave hitting us, mainly in the north but 1400 infected today and rising
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5225 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 16:50:00 »

Getting the train to Didcot Parkway all face masked up. People seem to be wearing masks to the train and then taking them off for the journey.

It seems there were at least some people on the train.... First Group who run GWR, announced a loss of £300 mill for the first 3 months of the year, and have suggested they may not be able to to continue trading. It would then be interesting to see if it was nationalised.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5226 on: Saturday, July 18, 2020, 06:55:20 »

I see they are launching an ‚urgent review’ and pausing the publication of the daily deaths at they believe they may be counting incorrectly.
Sounds like another government deflection/buck passing tactic to amend the death rate downwards. You only need to look at the excess death rates to see that if anything they are under reporting. What a shambles.

I come from a land down-under
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #5227 on: Saturday, July 18, 2020, 08:15:57 »

I see they are launching an ‚urgent review’ and pausing the publication of the daily deaths at they believe they may be counting incorrectly.
Sounds like another government deflection/buck passing tactic to amend the death rate downwards. You only need to look at the excess death rates to see that if anything they are under reporting. What a shambles.

Think they have a point here. A friend of mine passed away last month in Salisbury in a care home- they put Covid on the death certificate and he had not even been tested and not shown any symptoms of the virus.

Care home manager and family were mortified
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5228 on: Saturday, July 18, 2020, 08:50:07 »

Think they have a point here. A friend of mine passed away last month in Salisbury in a care home- they put Covid on the death certificate and he had not even been tested and not shown any symptoms of the virus.

Care home manager and family were mortified

Sorry to hear about the death of your friend Outletred.

If that’s true then it’s shocking of course.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #5229 on: Saturday, July 18, 2020, 09:13:50 »

On the flip side, a friend of mine's aunt, who was partially disabled from a crash in the 50s that nearly killed her, caught Covid in her care home, spent time in hospital, was released and passed away in the home, her cause of death was listed as 'traumatic brain injury'. Just the 60 odd years after the accident.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5230 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:32:55 »

Yay

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53469839
Flashheart

« Reply #5231 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:38:51 »

Fingers crossed.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5232 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:51:01 »

Game changer
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5233 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:53:31 »

Fingers crossed.

Treatment seems to be heading in the right direction also.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53467022
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5234 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 14:21:44 »

Tony Fauci's boss over here made mention of two or three treatments, like the one linked to above, that would be available in the next three months at scale if they proved successful.  Can't come soon enough.  At least the USA and Brazil are maintaining enough virus to test all these things on!
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: