Pages: 1 ... 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206190 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5160 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:06:56 »

Means he doesn't leave finger prints or DNA....
Shhh! At the moment, he thinks I'm going to the shops to buy things Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5161 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:21:38 »

I've been wearing a mask and gloves every time I go in a shop since lockdown started. Just seems common sense to me tbh. It's not very nice, it's not very pleasant, but it's a lot better than giving someone COVID. Minor inconvenience to reduce risk.

I was the same but I've since stopped wearing gloves as it's now easier to source hand sanitizer than the bulk purchase of gloves that I made before lockdown.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5162 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:32:51 »

I've been wearing a mask and gloves every time I go in a shop since lockdown started. Just seems common sense to me tbh. It's not very nice, it's not very pleasant, but it's a lot better than giving someone COVID. Minor inconvenience to reduce risk.
Good. We are nowhere near normality. We are still in the middle of a global pandemic. Acting like it's all done and dusted is what will take us into a second wave. If wearing masks acts as a visual cue against complacency then that alone makes it worth wearing them, irrespective of the reduction in risk.

Excess deaths have been negative for the last few weeks now. At what point does less people dying than usual mean we can start to sensibly return to something that looks a bit like normal if you squint - which is essentially where we’re at now

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5163 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:35:41 »

Would be an interesting Venn diagram showing those who think they should not be made to wear a mask compared with those who demand that everyone wear a poppy each November.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5164 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:38:16 »

No it wouldn't. How are the two related? Would that include your white poppy?
Flashheart

« Reply #5165 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:39:48 »

Would be an interesting Venn diagram showing those who think they should not be made to wear a mask compared with those who demand that everyone wear a poppy each November.

On a slight tangent, graphs show that in America, a significantly higher number of Republicans are dying than Democrats.

Whoever would have seen that coming?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #5166 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:44:26 »

How many people are wearing masks now?

Genuine question.

Working in Devizes, I'd say around 5%. Few and far between.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5167 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:45:15 »

My white poppy??

On a slight tangent, graphs show that in America, a significantly higher number of Republicans are dying than Democrats.

Whoever would have seen that coming?

Natural selection at work?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5168 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:47:00 »

To prevent contact with surfaces that may carry the virus. Would have thought that's pretty obvious. Take them off before I get to the car so not transferring to keys, door handles etc. And I wash my hands when I get in.

But surely you are touching the food products with your gloves on?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5169 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:48:43 »

I guess the suggestions here is around the patriotism/nationalism/freedom type thing that seems to be more prevalent these days.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5170 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:51:34 »

Sensibleism would suffice  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5171 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 12:51:45 »

Excess deaths have been negative for the last few weeks now. At what point does less people dying than usual mean we can start to sensibly return to something that looks a bit like normal if you squint - which is essentially where we’re at now
We are doing. With masks to mitigate the still very much present risk of the still very much present virus for which there is no vaccine. Shit or bust is a fast track to a second wave worse than the first
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5172 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 12:58:07 »

But surely you are touching the food products with your gloves on?

I don't wear gloves, relying on the hand sanitizer, but I do disinfect anything we buy with plastic or metal surfaces.  On natural and cardboard the virus doesn't tend to live that long(but I'll still usually give the cardboard a once over).

On masks - I can present to you the Southern States of the USA as evidence as to what happens when you return to something that looks like normal with a squint without mask wearing.

The UK is no doubt in a much better place right now, but the infections haven't gone away.  All the evidence suggests that most Western world countries haven't got the stomach for proper social distancing, mask wearing or contact tracing.  Without near zero infections at opening, you can guess where it heads and it takes weeks before you notice.

I've been wearing masks for a few months now.  The best description I've seen someone use is that if places look like normal right now, you are best off avoiding them.  Given my hyper cautious approach, you'll probably then be surprised to know I ventured down to Orlando 6 weeks ago - it was obvious that it would return based on life in general looking like normal, but the Disney/Universal areas had completely changed.  Restaurants had lost half their tables, ALL staff and guests were wearing masks, hand sanitizer everywhere and verbally encouraged by staff.  You kept your mask on when in a shop, but you could remove it at a table when eating/drinking in a restaurant.  It all felt safer somehow, and thus far, in a State absolutely crushing the number one spot for infections since that visit, neither location has been linked with any outbreaks.

Life is not going to be normal for some time.

Even when you look at places that have seemingly got this well under control, like New Zealand - they are forcing people who travel there into quarantine hotels and then tracing their movements!  That's fi you even manage to get there, as their borders pretty much remain closed.  That's not normal by any stretch.  Places like Australia, Hong Kong, South Korea, all keep springing places back into severe lock downs at the hint of outbreaks.  This shit gonna be a bit crazy for a few months yet.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 13:00:05 by RobertT » Logged
REDBUCK

« Reply #5173 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 14:27:07 »

I was the same but I've since stopped wearing gloves as it's now easier to source hand sanitizer than the bulk purchase of gloves that I made before lockdown.

Out of interest, how do you dispose of the used gloves. Do just send them off to landfill.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5174 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 16:12:10 »

An interesting read

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-07-15/oxford-s-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-coronavirus-front-runner
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: