Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1205582 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #5145 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:46:40 »

Looks to me like those who have a problem with masks are the same idiot's who wanted lockdown ended early, say it's just like the flu etc. Pricks.
Been pretty obvious for months that a mask would help, yet again the government here were slow to act.

But not everything and everyone is one extreme or the other.

I completely agreed with lockdown, followed every bit of guidance and continue to do so. I also happen to think that at this point, we should be moving to a model of personal choice and responsibility alongside guidance, not mandatory rules unless there is a clear and obvious local risk of a rise in infections.

And forcing people to wear masks will massively slow down any return to a semblance of normality that the country craves, medically (i.e. cancer checks), socially, financially and from a mental health point of view.

This issue, like everything else in life, isn't clear and polarised.

Ignore
« Reply #5146 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:01:43 »

I had to wear a mask on a boat last week. I found it unpleasant as my glasses steamed up but I accept it's the right thing to do. It's obvious that a mask will stop the potential virus spores coming from people's mouths into the air so this move is long overdue. It should have been mandatory in shops at least from the outset. We need to eradicate this virus and it will help. We won't be back to normal for quite a while. People need to adjust and get on with it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5147 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:05:27 »

I've been wearing a mask and gloves every time I go in a shop since lockdown started. Just seems common sense to me tbh. It's not very nice, it's not very pleasant, but it's a lot better than giving someone COVID. Minor inconvenience to reduce risk.

And forcing people to wear masks will massively slow down any return to a semblance of normality that the country craves
Good. We are nowhere near normality. We are still in the middle of a global pandemic. Acting like it's all done and dusted is what will take us into a second wave. If wearing masks acts as a visual cue against complacency then that alone makes it worth wearing them, irrespective of the reduction in risk.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5148 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:05:57 »

we should be moving to a model of personal choice

If its main purpose was to stop you catching COVID then fair enough. But it isn't.

Luckily we still have a personal choice, don't go shopping or go shopping with a mask.

Ignore
« Reply #5149 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:12:34 »

Giving the public personal choice has shown that people are stupid and selfish. The previous week's have proven this.
Flashheart

« Reply #5150 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:15:09 »

I also happen to think that at this point, we should be moving to a model of personal choice and responsibility alongside guidance,

How many people are wearing masks now?

Genuine question.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5151 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:16:23 »

Genuine question.

From a trip to the outlet last Friday, I'd say about 20%
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5152 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:20:10 »

I've been wearing a mask and gloves every time I go in a shop since lockdown started.

Why gloves? Genuine question. Do you take them off when you get home to unload the shopping? Do you wear them in the car?

Just wash your hands.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5153 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:24:37 »

Genuine question.

At the moment only when in a shop. On a stroll outside I haven't been wearing a mask but if I pop to tesco I will wear one.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5154 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:33:10 »

Why gloves? Genuine question. Do you take them off when you get home to unload the shopping? Do you wear them in the car?
To prevent contact with surfaces that may carry the virus. Would have thought that's pretty obvious. Take them off before I get to the car so not transferring to keys, door handles etc. And I wash my hands when I get in.
Flashheart

« Reply #5155 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:34:20 »

At the moment only when in a shop. On a stroll outside I haven't been wearing a mask but if I pop to tesco I will wear one.

I mean in general.

I think we're a reasonable bunch overall and most of us would wear one. The general public, however, is another matter.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5156 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:43:53 »

Genuine question.

I've worn one once, only because I had to, to give blood.

I bought a couple of the STFC Foundation Trust snood/mask thingies, so will just wear those when I go shopping.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:37:55 by Ginginho » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5157 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:44:47 »

Means he doesn't leave finger prints or DNA....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5158 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:52:42 »

the risk of transmission in an outside space is pretty damn low, or at least  unless the 'aerosol' suspicion changes that.

I get masks are impractical in pubs/restaurant, but most of them have a contact list available for test and trace purposes. ditto office.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5159 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:58:24 »

the risk of transmission in an outside space is pretty damn low, or at least  unless the 'aerosol' suspicion changes that.

I get masks are impractical in pubs/restaurant, but most of them have a contact list available for test and trace purposes. ditto office.

I haven't been in a pub/restaurant yet. We have booked to go for a meal in our local Italian in a couple of weeks to offer them our financial support, so will see how that goes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: