Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206294 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #5130 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:27:09 »

Well I won't be wearing one in my office!

No I am not currently wearing one at my kitchen table either.

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #5131 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:27:45 »

I don't have a huge issue with wearing a mask in certain situations.

I won't be going back to the office if I'm required to wear one though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5132 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:35:41 »

I wore one earlier in the week for the first prolonged period of time whilst I had my hair cut, not very pleasant as just got incredibly hot, plus I found myself holding my breath which wasn't the best idea!
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #5133 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:40:38 »

I suppose it depends on the face covering used and there may be a period of trial and error before you find one that you are comfortable with.

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #5134 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:41:40 »

The one thing about masks - it will massively slow the economic recovery. It will discourage people from going to the shops, cafes and bars. It'll discourage people from returning to the office.

We should be doing exactly the opposite unless and until there's a clear risk of a rise in infections, and at that point, any restrictions should only be on a hyper tactical local level.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #5135 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:44:56 »

The one thing about masks - it will massively slow the economic recovery. It will discourage people from going to the shops, cafes and bars. It'll discourage people from returning to the office.

We should be doing exactly the opposite unless and until there's a clear risk of a rise in infections, and at that point, any restrictions should only be on a hyper tactical local level.

I understand that some consider that masks will provide confidence and reassurance that it is safe to return to daily activities.

Nothing to see here
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5136 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:49:08 »

I wore one earlier in the week for the first prolonged period of time whilst I had my hair cut, not very pleasant as just got incredibly hot, plus I found myself holding my breath which wasn't the best idea!

Exactly the same reason I wore one for first time yesterday.

2 issues i need to work out. Firstly how to stop my bins steaming up, secondly must always remember to ensure my breath is minty fresh, I could smell my lunch
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5137 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:49:39 »

Yeah I experienced the same Horlock. I did find it quite uncomfortable and was a relief to take it off once I got home!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5138 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:50:17 »

I understand that some consider that masks will provide confidence and reassurance that it is safe to return to daily activities.

Also advised by the WHO, but apparently what do they know.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5139 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:52:54 »

2 issues i need to work out. Firstly how to stop my bins steaming up, secondly must always remember to ensure my breath is minty fresh, I could smell my lunch

Apparently washing up liquid on the gregories works?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5140 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:53:32 »

Cannot remember what its called but I have something to clean my glasses with that stops them steaming up, bought it as suffered the problem for years riding my bike in humid/wet weather!

Yeah I experienced the same Horlock. I did find it quite uncomfortable and was a relief to take it off once I got home!

Aye it wasn't great, but if it protects other people as all the evidence suggests its a very small price to pay, I imagine being ventilated is a less pleasant experience.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5141 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:56:54 »

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/ministers-at-risk-not-following-18596200

Whilst simultaneously blaming Councils for not dealing with local outbreaks quick enough.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5142 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:29:13 »

fucking hell, it's putting cloth over your face for a little while.

medical exemptions aside, do it or stay the fuck out of shops, public transport and aircraft. that's choice

Ignore
« Reply #5143 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:34:57 »

Looks to me like those who have a problem with masks are the same idiot's who wanted lockdown ended early, say it's just like the flu etc. Pricks.
Been pretty obvious for months that a mask would help, yet again the government here were slow to act.
Flashheart

« Reply #5144 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 09:37:41 »

I find them uncomfortable, but I still wear them. The discomfort is extremely mild in comparison to the discomfort other people might experience if I give them the virus. 
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: