Pages: 1 ... 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206436 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5115 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 12:08:45 »

Condoms would still stop a second baby

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5116 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 15:00:55 »

Condoms would still stop a second baby
Neatly put.

Meanwhile, Tory activists are apparently ripping up their membership cards in protest against the mask ruling

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservative-activists-membership-cards-mandatory-face-mask-a9617866.html

It's almost as if they're really selfish and stupid isn't it?

EDIT: to be clear, I'm referring to the Tory activists doing this, not all Tory activists
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 15:26:03 by pauld » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5117 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 15:13:56 »

Again, I simply don't understand the hostility towards face masks.  Nobody gets all protesty when the Govt enforces the wearing of pants, well, very few.  Someones bits are far less likely to cause me harm than the germs/virus coming out of their mouth.  Fuck it, makes more sense to enforce mask wearing and let everyone flaunt their genitalia if they so wish, that would give them real freedom.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5118 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 15:24:41 »

Again, I simply don't understand the hostility towards face masks.  Nobody gets all protesty when the Govt enforces the wearing of pants, well, very few.  Someones bits are far less likely to cause me harm than the germs/virus coming out of their mouth.  Fuck it, makes more sense to enforce mask wearing and let everyone flaunt their genitalia if they so wish, that would give them real freedom.

Some bullshit about people's freedom I suspect. Completely agree with you, if I have to wear a mask to protect myself and others then I'll do it, its not like you are being asked to go everywhere with a 10 inch dildo stuck inside your anus or to carry a cactus in each hand or whatever.

People are such dicks sometimes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5119 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 15:25:24 »

Neatly put.

Meanwhile, Tory activists are apparently ripping up their membership cards in protest against the mask ruling

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservative-activists-membership-cards-mandatory-face-mask-a9617866.html

Imagine seeing what the Tories have done for the last decade, and thinking that them making me wear a mask to help protect vulnerable people is just that little bit too far and time to make a fuss!

Funny that they have been fairly silent as the death toll has rose but suddenly they are clutching their pearls now.

Christ, almost 2,500 children have been admitted to hospital with malnutrition in the first six months of the year, in the 6th richest country in the world and they are silent on that.

I wonder whether its the fact that wearing a mask is for the benefit of others that upsets them so much?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/14/boris-johnson-face-coverings-mask-gove-cummings
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 15:30:20 by horlock07 » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5120 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 15:59:12 »

There are echoes of the far right libertarian nonsense that has infected US politics, with devastating results.  It's the 'no one tells me how to live, all government is evil' mentality that focuses on personal 'freedom' to do what the fuck you like, without reference to the consequences then faced by wider society.  Sad to see that this thinking is becoming increasingly legitimised in the UK now also (although not to the same degree, thankfully).
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5121 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 16:05:36 »

What the hell has he got in his hair?

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1283044506275807233?s=20

Not often agree with Mancock, but his barely concealed giggle said it all in this case.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 16:07:07 by horlock07 » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5122 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 16:19:17 »

How’s he going to buy his gammon?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5123 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 21:16:45 »

I took issue with the face mask  revelation/deflection. Not because of having to wear one. Like others, I shall do if and when required to do so. My issue lay with the "why now?" when a good chunk of damage has already happened. It's fucking hypocrisy to see BoJo telling people in the midst of a pandemic;

'I will continue to shake hands with people, in fact I visited a hospital with Coronavirus patients andI shook everyone's hands...it's business as usual.'

This cunt, has the audacity to misinform us, ignorantly so and is now showing Peter to the Wolf, while trying to look cool doing the "elbow tap".

I understand the prevention element of wearing a mask and as said above have no issue having to wear one. It's more the raft of continued bullshit from this government. We really shouldn't have to put up with and accept this level of shit show. It's fucking awful. If ever there was a time the general public and business needed to lean on their government for some crystal clear guidelines and legislation, the last few months would've been it.

They failed, horribly. Yet I don't think they genuinely care because we have a split/divided society. One half won't do anything and the other half just rollover. There's literally no central balance. It's very reflective of Government and until recently, Labour's unwillingness to shift anywhere near to the centreground again. It nearly destroyed them. But the Tories are responsible for the handling of this, for certain.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #5124 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 06:52:56 »

Neatly put.

EDIT: to be clear, I'm referring to the Tory activists doing this, not all Tory activists

I saw this on Facebook and thought it was Rochdale Herald

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #5125 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 07:39:40 »

Yes - there has been flip flopping but I don't understand why wearing something on your face is so problematic. To get into the habit, I have already started wearing one - particularly as it looks like they will be required in offices at some point in the near future.

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5126 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:14:31 »

There are always going to be the idiots that refuse to do things because the government are enforcing it, nothing you will ever be able to do about that..  In the same way that when seat belts were introduced there were those that refused to wear them until they did.. just let them continue to spout off while in the mean time go back to that good old fashioned things that is in limited supply these days - Common Sense, it's not hard..

Those that are saying "why wait a week" while not wearing a face mask now are not helping..  if you have a level of common sense you can wear a mask now in the right circumstance, the government have never said you can't.  Sometimes I think that people look for every excuse to get outraged with the instructions being given.

Just stop getting outraged with the date and start/continue to use common sense.  Personally, i will follow the rules set out by the government as a minimum, but will also make my own mind up based on my circumstance and those around me as to whether I feel a face mask is required in any certain circumstance before we reach that date - as long as my decision making doesn't break any rules/laws then it can only help.

There will always be idiots out there but there is not much I can do about that, apart from spout off on a forum which is 80% bollocks..  The more people that use common sense, the better, simples..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5127 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:18:49 »

particularly as it looks like they will be required in offices at some point in the near future.

They won't be Mancock said so, https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/matt-hancock-insists-face-masks-wont-be-compulsory-in-offices-amid-further-confusion-on-government-guidance/ar-BB16KHa4 although on past record based on that I imagine they will be required in offices within the next fortnight.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #5128 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:23:34 »

They won't be Mancock said so, https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/matt-hancock-insists-face-masks-wont-be-compulsory-in-offices-amid-further-confusion-on-government-guidance/ar-BB16KHa4 although on past record based on that I imagine they will be required in offices within the next fortnight.

I think we can proceed on the basis that they will be required. 

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5129 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 08:24:39 »

I think we can proceed on the basis that they will be required. 

Well I won't be wearing one in my office!
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: