Pages: 1 ... 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1194900 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5010 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:05:50 »

Govt syas pubs can open from 6am tomorrow

Wtf
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5011 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:06:25 »

Wtf

Just a normal day in 'spoons!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5012 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:10:12 »

Wtf
So "Go easy" but "Get on the piss from 6 in the morning". Doing everything possible to encourage the spread of the virus through the population again aren't they? Back to "herd immunity"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5013 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:26:03 »

And Marstons pubs will not be taking contact details from anyone as it's a 'guideline and not a rule'.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #5014 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:34:59 »

Jesus Christ.

My local is adopting the "right" rules - need to book a table, indoors people from only two families max to sit together, outdoors 6 folks from different households sitting together max, limiting opening times (closing at 10pm).  Seems v sensible to me, but even so I am not going this weekend, I am gonna let things settle down and see how things pan out before I go to the pub.

Can't see 'Spoons taking same approach, and indeed can't see many pubs taking the same approach.  Allowing boozers to open at 6am to is basically saying "Our Country Needs You (to go and get as pissed as you can as quickly as you can)".   BBC reported one pub in Huddersfield opening at 0001 tomorrow morning.

And they are calling it Super Saturday FFS.

No one kills a thread like me....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5015 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:42:49 »

So "Go easy" but "Get on the piss from 6 in the morning". Doing everything possible to encourage the spread of the virus through the population again aren't they? Back to "herd immunity"

I think this just reflects normal licencing rules rather than any special dispensation for reopening - happy to be corrected.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5016 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:44:38 »

Infection rate is generally very low in reality, multiple decimal place low, it’s understandable that people want normality and refuse to live in fear anymore.

Be sensible but live your life is how I look at things now, the chances of catching it is very unlikely

This

Fucken 12 people got it in Swindon last week. Be sensible but no point living life in fear (at the moment)

Things get better but they never get good
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #5017 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:47:34 »

Surprised to hear that Anderson was the highest paid player. I assume that must have been at the start of the season before the Doyle transfer. Doyle was reportedly on £5k a week; Anderson can't have been on more than that surely? Obviously would be sad to see Doyle go but I don't think we'll be able to meet his wage demands. Given the likelihood of prolonged uncertainty re playing in front of crowds, the club should be budgeting on a very conservative basis. If that means losing players so be it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5018 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 13:55:18 »

I think this just reflects normal licencing rules rather than any special dispensation for reopening - happy to be corrected.
I think it does yes, but given that's it far from normal times, opening up for the 1st time in 3 months on a Saturday is daft enough, at the very least change from the "normal" opening time to something a bit more sensible
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5019 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 14:06:59 »

I think it does yes, but given that's it far from normal times, opening up for the 1st time in 3 months on a Saturday is daft enough, at the very least change from the "normal" opening time to something a bit more sensible

Most seem to be shutting at 10pm.....

The forecast up here for the weekend is fucking abysmal (As the weather is today!) so hopefully that might calm a few people down.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5020 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 14:20:30 »

and what if they don't cancel?

you need then to balance risk v writing off the cash.

that's the choice we've got (Tenerife, August).

the island is safe as is right now, it's the holiday makers I worry about

I was aiming my thoughts at people rushing to book flights now rather than ones that booked ahead of the Pandemic, as I did - however if I am not comfortable that it is safe, and if I feel that restictions in place will effectively ruin the holiday then I will be pushing big time to be able to cancel my holiday and re-book it for sometime next year.  I booked with BA so I would be disappointed if they force me to consider going if I am not comfortable with the idea..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5021 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 14:31:10 »

I see the list has been released. Every country in europe bar Russia, Portugal and Romania by the looks of it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5022 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 14:35:13 »

This

Fucken 12 people got it in Swindon last week. Be sensible but no point living life in fear (at the moment)

That's 12 people who were ill enough to go to the hospital and get tested though, right?  That probably means a good number more have the virus but are not that ill or are not feeling ill at all.

The UK does at least seem to be at a point where you could open up activities and begin managing the risk though, provided it is done with the right precautions in place (completely changing the way a pub sets up for example), and ensuring you have a robust test, trace and isolate policy in place.

The USA has given the rest of the world a blueprint on what doesn't work - which is essentially some bizarre plan to just carry on as normal.  The current places where spread seems to be spiking - bars (your Yates' on a Saturday night style places), family functions like weddings and social gathering events/places.  I have heard some good advice -if you go into a place and it looks like it did before lockdown, leave.  You should be able to see noticeable changes in place.

55k+ cases yesterday in the USA.  Every chance this climbs to 100k per day in a few weeks after this weekends fire works parties.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #5023 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 14:48:49 »

Wtf
Understand what you are saying,  there's only one place I'm going to be 6am tomorrow,  and thats in bed,  however,  many pubs have 24hr licences anyway but don't think we'll be seeing that many opening that early.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5024 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 14:50:22 »

It’s pillar 1/2 testing, so it’s not just hospital testing. But yes, it’s people who felt ill enough to get checked

Is it 50% of people who catch it don’t feel any symptoms?? Which would imply the actual number of newly infected would be nearer 25. Still not enough to get me worried

Be smart, be sensible, agree with what you say about places needing to be different. But no point living in fear forever, and the risk is probably as low now as it ever will be without a vaccine/effective treatment

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: