Pages: 1 ... 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1203779 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4995 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 08:11:53 »

Using Knowsley as an example, What’s the statistical significance of the rates going from 6 per 100k to 20 per 100k? 0.006% of the population being infected increasing to 0.02%. Is that an increase or is that just noise??

Its down to the safari park
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4996 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 08:30:36 »

Anyone that would want to sit on a plane as soon as possible just to go on holiday is bonkers IMO..  I get it if it is to go see family etc..  but anyone clamoring to get away in the current climate is mad.  I am supposed to be going to Mexico in Oct, and I would prefer them to just cancel it now.. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4997 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:05:05 »

Anyone that would want to sit on a plane as soon as possible just to go on holiday is bonkers IMO..  I get it if it is to go see family etc..  but anyone clamoring to get away in the current climate is mad.  I am supposed to be going to Mexico in Oct, and I would prefer them to just cancel it now.. 
Completely agree Berni. Can't imagine anything more daft than cramming my family into a metal tube with 400 strangers all breathing recirculated air right now. Apart from possibly reopening pubs tomorrow
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #4998 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:06:30 »

a 30k drop in total cases today and only 576 new cases, the lowest since the 17th March when testing was only picking up a fraction of cases

Info on pillar 1 and pillar 2 testing for the last two full weeks, Swindon has gone from 10.61 (15-21 June) to 6.76 (22-28 June) per 100,000 people

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-new-cases-rise-in-36-local-authorities-in-england-12019667

Can someone please explain how the total number of cases has fallen by any number let alone 30k in one day?
This number should never decline unless errors are being corrected or worse.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4999 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:18:11 »

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1278672584930758656?s=20
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5000 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:19:44 »

Embedded version:

(and if you're wondering, the video is being projected onto Barnard Castle)
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #5001 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:24:24 »

Can someone please explain how the total number of cases has fallen by any number let alone 30k in one day?
This number should never decline unless errors are being corrected or worse.

I would hazard a guess it is one of two things:
1) As people are usually tested twice, they have counted these as two people in some instances
2) People have been tested multiple times, maybe one in pillar 2 and then again in pillar 1

Either way these aren't new people, however I am probably just making stuff up
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5002 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:29:15 »

1) As people are usually tested twice, they have counted these as two people in some instances
2) People have been tested multiple times, maybe one in pillar 2 and then again in pillar 1

I suspect you're pretty much on the money. It's concerning because as we move into a "Test, Trace and Isolate" phase, having accurate data is crucial to enable local health authorities to stamp out local outbreaks. But the fact that community (i.e. outside hospital) testing is still massively centralised and chaotic is going to undermine that effort.
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #5003 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:34:37 »

thanks STFC
sounds a reasonable assumption
they should explain this data far better and need to improve its quality quickly
for track and trace to be really effective 
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5004 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:36:42 »

Completely agree Berni. Can't imagine anything more daft than cramming my family into a metal tube with 400 strangers all breathing recirculated air right now. Apart from possibly reopening pubs tomorrow

Infection rate is generally very low in reality, multiple decimal place low, it’s understandable that people want normality and refuse to live in fear anymore.

Be sensible but live your life is how I look at things now, the chances of catching it is very unlikely
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5005 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:46:23 »

I thought it was common knowledge that they have been counting two tests on the same person as two separate tests, it follows the same theme as the PPE counting. Have they stopped doing that now?

I see once again he has been caught bullshitting in PMQ's as Councils have revealed that the agreements for data sharing to LA level are only being signed now as the contracts were deficient in some way previously.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5006 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 09:49:02 »

I thought it was common knowledge that they have been counting two tests on the same person as two separate tests, it follows the same theme as the PPE counting. Have they stopped doing that now?

I see once again he has been caught bullshitting in PMQ's as Councils have revealed that the agreements for data sharing to LA level are only being signed now as the contracts were deficient in some way previously.
And lied about emergency testing in Leicester

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-johnson-not-telling-the-whole-story-on-leicester-testing

TBH it's got to the stage now where it would be more newsworthy if someone caught a govt minister accidentally telling the truth about COVID
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #5007 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 10:00:30 »

I received testing pack in the post today (Mrs Chunkyhair is NHS worker).  With the one I have you have to stick the swab right down your throat, and then stick the same swab up your nose (can't wait - about 15 seconds each time and right down to tonsils and as far up the snozzer as you can bear)

So this test kit I assume is "one test".  But that is not to decry from the overall bollocks that they have been counting twice as most test are x2 nose and throat, and of course I now count as a test as it has been posted out, irrespective of whether or not I actually do it!

No one kills a thread like me....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5008 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 11:16:44 »

Anyone that would want to sit on a plane as soon as possible just to go on holiday is bonkers IMO..  I get it if it is to go see family etc..  but anyone clamoring to get away in the current climate is mad.  I am supposed to be going to Mexico in Oct, and I would prefer them to just cancel it now..  
and what if they don't cancel?

you need then to balance risk v writing off the cash.

that's the choice we've got (Tenerife, August).

the island is safe as is right now, it's the holiday makers I worry about
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5009 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 11:56:59 »

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: