Pages: 1 ... 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197174 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #4275 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 11:29:51 »

I understand that the statitics don't necesarilly paint the whole picture.

But for Johnson to claim he is 'very proud' of his performance is a fucking insult. He is treating us with contempt, as per.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4276 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 11:34:23 »

I understand that the statitics don't necesarilly paint the whole picture.

But for Johnson to claim he is 'very proud' of his performance is a fucking insult. He is treating us with contempt, as per.

He might be very proud, remember the ideologies of those operating him.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4277 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 11:36:00 »

It's also not true. There is NO point in comparing countries when they all record their data differently.

For example, Spain have been trumpeting zero deaths, which is false. (https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1268450736398098433)

And the 350 odd deaths added to our total happened on 52 different days.

Indeed, likewise if we recorded deaths the same way that Belgium are doing it our official figure would be 60k+
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4278 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 11:40:03 »

It's also not true.

Well it is true that those figures were what were announced. Weren’t they?

Perhaps when the “true” statistics are all announced,  we may find all those people who died in care homes were actually just resting their eyes.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4279 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 11:42:35 »

Well it is true that those figures were what were announced. Weren’t they?

Perhaps when the “true” statistics are all announced,  we may find all those people who died in care homes were actually just resting their eyes.

I'm not defending anyone here. I'm simply saying that the statistic is false and it's pointless comparing countries becuase it's like comparing apples and spaceships.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #4280 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:01:14 »

I'm not defending anyone here. I'm simply saying that the statistic is false and it's pointless comparing countries becuase it's like comparing apples and spaceships.

To think the UK government compared apples and spaceships every day for around 8 weeks, before it dawned on them that we'd become a spaceship too, and the size of a zeppelin blimp.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4281 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:03:31 »

Understood and it’s a fair point which I accept.

I read the FT link you posted which suggested there could have been 17 deaths in Spain when they recorded 0. But I also see plenty of European countries that have total deaths in the hundreds despite their peaks occurring before ours.
With all the advantages the UK supposedly have, I still feel the current and future statistics will show it’s been an absolute shitshow and our actual deaths and deaths per capita will be right up there. That’s a national disgrace yet Johnson is proud of it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4282 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:05:26 »

Johnson confirmed yesterday that we are at level four, *checks notes and refers to their roadmap as to what should be happening*

Why are the government acting like we are at level 2?
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #4283 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:15:14 »

With all the advantages the UK supposedly have, I still feel the current and future statistics will show it’s been an absolute shitshow and our actual deaths and deaths per capita will be right up there. That’s a national disgrace yet Johnson is proud of it.

This.

There is no value in arguing about how numbers are captured/recorded/different in other countries when the bottom line is that as a country (Govt) we have dealt with this in a truly appalling way that has cost lives.

No one kills a thread like me....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4284 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:17:23 »

Johnson confirmed yesterday that we are at level four, *checks notes and refers to their roadmap as to what should be happening*

Why are the government acting like we are at level 2?

Why are the public acting like we are on level 1?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4285 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:18:39 »

Because unless you feel like you’re in a vulnerable group you don’t give a shit.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4286 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:23:37 »

Why are the public acting like we are on level 1?

Because their government are saying that some vulnerable people can leave their homes?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4287 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:27:39 »

Oh, I forgot everyone listens to what the government say.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4288 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:41:01 »

Is this week's an investigation into the Pope saying Mass?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4289 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 16:18:17 »

Oh, I forgot everyone listens to what the government say.
Here's a government behaviourial scientist explaining why government setting an example is important. He's a member of the behaviour science committee that feeds into SAGE, the "science" that the government claims to have been led by. Of course ultimately people must take responsibility for their own actions. But some have influence over the actions of others and they need to be very careful how they use that influence and the messages they send

"The hasty reopening of parliament, and the illness of Alok Sharma is yet another own goal. It violates multiple principles of how to develop good policy for Covid-19 and undermines efforts against the pandemic in many ways. Once again, public health seems to be a low priority.
First it encourages the reopening of workplaces before they are safe, without remodelling so as to allow social distancing. This put workforces at risk and violates Health and Safety legislation
Second, it perpetuates the message that commitment and loyalty means going to work even when you are unwell - at a time when we need to reconfigure norms such that, from the first sign of symptoms, people need to stay home and get tested.
Third, unless ALL contacts are revealed and ALL contacts isolate it will undermine the ability of government to ask the rest of us to do this. And compliance levels are critical to the effectiveness of TTI - our central tool against the infection going forward.
Fourth, it discriminates against those who are disabled and those who are vulnerable, thus dividing the community and  excluding these groups from society - once again undermining the key message and the key goal, that 'we are all in this together'
So as with Cummings, instead of our politicians being a model of what we should do, they become a model of what we shouldn't do, and instead of Government supporting the efforts against Covid-19 we are left having to act sensibly ourselves despite government."
https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1268564136906145792
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: