Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1204348 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4140 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 09:35:24 »

Again with those two possibly seasonal, they were just coming into the dry/hot season when this hit.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #4141 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 09:42:54 »

Ah, sorry, I speed read and missed your actual point! My apologies. Although I think the point re air pollution still stands, clearly it's not the only factor but I suspect it will be significant.

I can only think it's a combination of a number of factors, because every theory seems to be possible to disprove if you look around enough.

Hun Sen is writing a book on how well he's handled the whole ordeal if you're interested*

*He's a mentalist but I wouldn't have dared wrote that when I lived there!

Again with those two possibly seasonal, they were just coming into the dry/hot season when this hit.

North Vietnam would have been cold-ish and wet January/February. In fact I was there in January and it pissed down!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4142 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 09:49:49 »

Warm weather goes.

Add in the start of the cold & flu season then panic will set in

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4143 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 09:52:16 »

I can only think it's a combination of a number of factors, because every theory seems to be possible to disprove if you look around enough.
Yes, clearly, these things are always complex systems, trying to bring it down to one simple cause, while appealing to the media etc, never provides the whole explanation.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4144 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 09:55:23 »

Hun Sen is writing a book on how well he's handled the whole ordeal if you're interested*

*He's a mentalist but I wouldn't have dared wrote that when I lived there!

North Vietnam would have been cold-ish and wet January/February. In fact I was there in January and it pissed down!

Tail end of the rainy season granted, but it takes 6-8 weeks to really get to grips, and possibly didnt have chance there.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4145 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 09:57:12 »

New Zealand and Oz are just about to enter winter as well, so that will be interesting to see what happens
Flashheart

« Reply #4146 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 09:57:19 »

I reckon luck likely has a big part in it.

And genetics, perhaps. Thailand has also had it relatively easy (although they do have quite a strict lock-in). The Thai's, Laotians, Cambodians, Vietnamese, Malays, and Burmese are probably quite close genetically and none have been hit hard.

That, and these countries are all feckin' hot. Or at least they have been over the last few months.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4147 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 10:03:14 »

I reckon luck likely has a big part in it.

And genetics, perhaps. Thailand has also had it relatively easy (although they do have quite a strict lock-in). The Thai's, Laotians, Cambodians, Vietnamese, Malays, and Burmese are probably quite close genetically and none have been hit hard.

That, and these countries are all feckin' hot. Or at least they have been over the last few months.

It’s interesting that the rise in spain coincided with the worst weather in years. Rained everyday for 2 months and got as low as 12-15 down here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4148 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 11:20:53 »

My test came back negative, so just carrying a severe cough/cold

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4149 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 11:25:18 »

Good news for all concerned!
So what happens now is it back to work next week or are you furloughed etc

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4150 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 11:26:52 »

Brilliant! That must be a relief.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #4151 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 11:32:15 »

Excellent news! 

ust be the oldest
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4152 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 11:33:04 »

I have been working from home all the way through anyway, so nothing changed or changes for me really.  At least I can now return to doing my parents shopping without putting them at risk.

At least I know i don't currently have it, would be nice to know if I have had it at some point in the past though - in hindsight, if I got to the point where a test was required, it might have made sense to give me the anti body test at the same time to start to build up a picture of who has had it..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4153 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 12:25:53 »

I have been working from home all the way through anyway, so nothing changed or changes for me really.  At least I can now return to doing my parents shopping without putting them at risk.

At least I know i don't currently have it, would be nice to know if I have had it at some point in the past though - in hindsight, if I got to the point where a test was required, it might have made sense to give me the anti body test at the same time to start to build up a picture of who has had it..

I would guess its actually a bit of bad news IF your symptoms were manageable and a quick recovery meant you were immune (temporary at least). I think everyone would love the antibodi just to ease the mind slightly even though it wouldn't change my behaviour too much
Flashheart

« Reply #4154 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 12:45:15 »

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-monkeys-escape-with-covid-19-samples-after-attacking-lab-assistant-11996752
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: