Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1202812 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3675 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 08:30:07 »

The Sunday Mail front page headline today.

‘Boris: at least he wasn’t going to see a lover’

So that makes it alright then?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3676 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 08:33:10 »

Nice one. So you’ll understand from a practical point of view better than most just how easily this can be proven or disproven?

Yep, easily proven, everything is so easily auditable
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 08:38:35 by tans » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3677 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:02:46 »

Yet Girl Giggle

So, give no fucks
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3678 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:06:00 »

Yep, easily proven, everything is so easily auditable

Same with the "missing" PPE emails. Easily proven, but they havent..
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3679 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:26:34 »

Worse if anything.

I didn’t have any issue with the medical chap going to get a piece, perfectly understandable
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #3680 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:27:02 »

Looks like Grant Shapps drew the short straw; duty minister for the Bank holiday weekend.
The funniest thing yesterday was Grant Shapps in the briefing trying to get back to his announcement about a new dual carriageway on the A66 at Scotch Corner. Quite useful if you're driving to the North East. You couldn't make it up.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3681 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:36:22 »

In more normal times, I'd have been very happy with the A66 announcement.  We use it several times a year.  Lovely route.  But it was never going to be the main story today, Michael.  Or Lawrence, or Grant, or whatever your name is this week.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3682 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:05:34 »

Grant Shapps being wheeled out on The Andrew Marr show, trying to defend the indefensible and failing miserably.

It's All Good..............
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #3683 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:08:41 »

Of course the Cummings saga conveniently diverts attention away from yet another damning article in the Sunday Times today.

Where’s our friend who previously managed to evade the paywall and post the content on here  ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3684 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:10:24 »

I’m no politics expert but surely Boris should be stepping in to field these questions shouldn’t he?

I felt a little bit sorry that Shapps has had to take all this heat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3685 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:14:55 »

I’m no politics expert but surely Boris should be stepping in to field these questions shouldn’t he?

Boris has hid for the majority of pandemic, granted he was ill, but he hasn’t exactly been a leader has he.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3686 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:17:28 »

Johnson is idle, so delegates. In my mind not necessarily a bad thing, this is a storm in a tea cup, you want the PM up front for the proper shit. 
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3687 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:20:36 »

Of course the Cummings saga conveniently diverts attention away from yet another damning article in the Sunday Times today.

Where’s our friend who previously managed to evade the paywall and post the content on here  ?

What is it today? Let the Cummings saga run out (if he's gonna have to go anyway) to divert from..... Have they fucked the app up yet? I've lost track.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3688 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:36:03 »

Johnson is idle, so delegates. In my mind not necessarily a bad thing, this is a storm in a tea cup, you want the PM up front for the proper shit. 
Which would be all well and good, but he hides from the proper shit as well. He's enormously lazy, a massive coward and has an overwhelming sense of his own entitlement. So he's always going to hide from anything difficult. Or indeed anything that doesn't see him fulfilling one of this two preferred roles: Shit Churchill or Chat Show Buffoon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3689 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:38:12 »

Where’s our friend who previously managed to evade the paywall and post the content on here  ?
Is this what you're after?

https://archive.fo/YfOaZ

Good analysis/explanation of how Johnson's dithering (and general govt incompetence, but mainly his dithering) cost tens of thousands of lives. And that contrary to the ridiculous slogan they weren't "following the science", but to use one of their other ridiculous slogans they've now dropped they were taking the wrong decisions, and doing only some of the right things, but at the wrong time.

"According to the data, no other large European country allowed infections to sky-rocket to such a high level before finally deciding to go into lockdown. Those 20 days of government delay are the single most important reason why the UK has the second highest number of deaths from the coronavirus in the world."

"Professor Peter Openshaw, a member of the government’s Nervtag (new and emerging respiratory virus threats advisory group) committee said: “Many of us on the scientific advisory committees were quite keen that action should be taken a couple of weeks before action actually was taken.”
“I think that critical period of delay made the big difference to the peak numbers, both of hospitalisations and of deaths. I think everyone would accept now in retrospect that if we’d gone for lockdown a couple of weeks earlier that would have greatly reduced the numbers of hospitalisations and deaths.”"

"The gearing up of the NHS had one particularly ill-thought-out and reckless consequence. On Thursday, March 19, the health department announced 15,000 people should be discharged from hospitals into the community and care homes to free up beds for coronavirus patients. This was without a mandatory requirement that they be tested for the virus."
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:08:16 by pauld » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: