Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206228 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3465 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:00:56 »

Just when you thought the Daily Mail couldn't sink any lower.  I despair.  Call them 'heroes' and their lives become honourable collateral, just like soldiers.  Expendable.

As pointed out previously the coronavirus has now managed to see off more health and care workers than the Iraq war did to UK service peronell.

In terms of British citizens, its getting very close to killing in 3 months what Hitler took over 6 years to achieve, surprised the Mail aren't printing that what with their readerships love of linking it back to the war.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3466 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:33:57 »

Well, the State Pension is just over £9k per year. You can debate on the real numbers of pensioners who have died but, say, 40,000 = £36 billion

I said this to my wife the other day, she thought i was being cynical. Wouldnt surprise me if that fat greedy slug Green had been visiting the care homes with biscuits.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3467 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:39:31 »

The only surprise is that people are surprised by the handling of the crisis.
I always thought this government was incompetent and cynical but even so I've been shocked by quite how bad they are. Particularly the way the elderly in care homes have been sacrificed so that the government could claim to have achieved their primary goal of avoiding the NHS being overwhelmed. The goal itself is sensible and laudable; to achieve it by allowing the residents and staff of care homes to die in their thousands is psychopathic.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3468 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:40:10 »

Well, the State Pension is just over £9k per year. You can debate on the real numbers of pensioners who have died but, say, 40,000 = £36 billion

Isn’t a billion = 1000,000,000?

The saving on pensions would be 360000000. Not sure that’s 36 billion? Is it??
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #3469 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 11:00:20 »

The teaching unions have tried to engage with the government but to no avail. The govt claim they have consulted but that isn't consultation by any reasonable definition. Head teachers at Secondary level are waiting for guidance on how to manage a return of years 10 and 12 despite Boris suggesting it on Sunday. The Mail headline has no grounding in reality and is a continuation of their war against the public sector. There hasn't been a 'militant' teaching union for twenty years if there ever was one. Teachers are some Of the most conservative employees you will ever find and most belong to a union to provide legal support in case of classroom accusations. Of course any group that stands up against the Mail and it's backers are labelled militant. Their readership remembers the 1970's so they buy into that easily. 'Lazy'  'gold-plated pension grabbing lefty teachers' are dispensable. The UK's union legislation, beefed up further by Cameron, after Teachers stood up against their pension robbery early last decade, doesn't allow for much campaigning let alone militancy.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3470 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 11:19:42 »

the government are in the fucking loony bin with primary schools.

yesterday the advise came through that having a rota of when kids go in isn't permissible. Why?

and it's only advice to have 15 per class with 2m gap. not mandatory. why?

upshot is there are going to be many schools where social distancing won't be possible, once you add in the key worker children, year 6, 1 and reception.

and what kind of quality education are they going to get anyway?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3471 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 11:41:28 »

yesterday the advise came through that having a rota of when kids go in isn't permissible. Why?

upshot is there are going to be many schools where social distancing won't be possible, once you add in the key worker children, year 6, 1 and reception.

They will learn that public sector workers are dispensable. And that the government doesn't give a shit about their health and well being.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3472 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 11:48:22 »

I can’t see Secondary Schools going back until September personally.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3473 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 11:50:57 »

I havent seen anything official, but when the 15 per class came out. I knew that wouldnt work. I've been in thousands of classrooms and the max you would get is 8/10 + teacher in most.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3474 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 11:51:17 »

I am hearing that whatever happens with primary schools the final decision, pre-september at least, lies with the parents with no repercussions if they kids don't go in.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3475 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 12:05:47 »

Repercussions or no, my boy goes back when his mother and I decide it is safe.
Valid Pint

« Reply #3476 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 12:08:13 »

Repercussions or no, my boy goes back when his mother and I decide it is safe.
Shouldn't you be saying "our boy".
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3477 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 12:10:34 »

Quote from: horlock07
I am hearing that whatever happens with primary schools the final decision, pre-september at least, lies with the parents with no repercussions if they kids don't go in.
correct
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3478 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 12:10:44 »

My offspring will be going back as soon as they can.

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3479 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 12:18:53 »

Likewise which classes actually go back is at the discretion of the school.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: