Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1205990 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2340 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 11:42:48 »

Their headline is it will also cover electricity, heating and phones. Err its light all day, warm, and you have a company mobile.

It conveniently forgets there are no commuting costs, and no lunch bills to pay out for whilst at home.

Stupid move.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2341 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 11:43:14 »

Small mitigation, but the £10k is an addition to their working expenses budget (or whatever it’s called), and is also used to pay for equipment for their staff.

Not saying that as an excuse, but it’s not exactly a £10k pay rise
It's an extra £10k on top of the £26k they already get for working expenses. To spend on fucking duck houses for their moats. While it's "not the right time" to talk about pay rises for nurses. The pay rises they cheered as they blocked a 1% rise 3 years ago. The crawling hypocrites.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2342 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 12:11:01 »

https://twitter.com/rarohde/status/1248203783810711552?s=21

Random German antibody study of 500 people results in 14% of people being antibody positive. Translates to a mortality rate of 0.34% - three times higher than the flu, but not as severe as currently estimated

Normal caveats apply (only one test, preliminary results, small dataset, report is in German etc)

Things get better but they never get good
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2343 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 13:36:32 »

Small mitigation, but the £10k is an addition to their working expenses budget (or whatever it’s called), and is also used to pay for equipment for their staff.

Not saying that as an excuse, but it’s not exactly a £10k pay rise
Ok, Nine and a half grand then, as you said they already get a 'working expenses budget' how many stay at home key workers are getting a 10k increase ??.
Fuck 'em the fiddling bastards they get enough perks already.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 13:41:15 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2344 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 13:51:31 »

This is odd.  From the BBC.

England Reports 765 New Coronavirus Deaths
NHS England has recorded 765 new deaths in hospital from coronavirus.

It said that 140 of them occurred yesterday, while 568 took place between 1 April and 7 April.

The remaining 57 deaths took place in March, including two on 19 March and one on 16 March.

Seems to suggest that the daily deaths figure for England is comprised of deaths that have taken place over the last month - with only a small proportion in the last 24 hours (which is what most of us would assume).  If all daily figures provided recently have been on this basis, then looking at the daily for a trend is pointless.  It could even mean that we are already past the peak.  Possibly.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2345 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 14:07:05 »

This is odd.  From the BBC.

England Reports 765 New Coronavirus Deaths
NHS England has recorded 765 new deaths in hospital from coronavirus.

It said that 140 of them occurred yesterday, while 568 took place between 1 April and 7 April.

The remaining 57 deaths took place in March, including two on 19 March and one on 16 March.

Seems to suggest that the daily deaths figure for England is comprised of deaths that have taken place over the last month - with only a small proportion in the last 24 hours (which is what most of us would assume).  If all daily figures provided recently have been on this basis, then looking at the daily for a trend is pointless.  It could even mean that we are already past the peak.  Possibly.
They have been, yes, although it's skewed by the weekend lag in reporting. As you say, looking at it on a daily basis is fairly pointless because of the time lag in reporting, but you can get some idea on the basis of the overall trend which has been relentlessly and depressingly upwards. We may indeed have passed the peak but we won't know that until next week. I wouldn't hold your breath tbh
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #2346 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 14:07:48 »

Greater Manchester Police has warned people not to breach lockdown rules over Easter after it had to break up 660 parties last weekend.
Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said "each and every one of us need take this seriously".
There were 1,132 coronavirus-related breaches reported between Saturday and Tuesday, the force said.
That included 494 house parties - some with DJs, fireworks and bouncy castles - and 166 street parties.
One woman in Bury became the first person in Greater Manchester to be charged under the Coronavirus Act 2020 after police had to repeatedly shut down one of the parties.
The force also had to deal with 122 different groups gathering to play sports, 173 more gatherings in parks and 112 incidents of anti-social behaviour and public disorder.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2347 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 14:07:54 »

I think they have said the reporting of death is commonly a week or more..

that's why they are looking at new infections and extrapolating from that - I assume these are real time.

it'll therefore take a week or more after infection curve flattening before deaths do the same.

the march ones are surprising though. that's as much bigger lag than I thought
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2348 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 16:26:55 »

I havent read back so forgive me if this has already been done but the Town lost a stalwart supporter to this evil shit, in the form of Alan Cotterill.
He was from Basset and used to get the 55 in. Saw him every Saturday on the bus or in the CGH pre and post match.
Nicest bloke you would ever meet and loved the Town.

RIP Fella  Pint A toast to you!

I also hear that Derek the Super Fan is in hospital too. Cmon Derek fella!

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2349 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 16:29:02 »

They have been, yes, although it's skewed by the weekend lag in reporting. As you say, looking at it on a daily basis is fairly pointless because of the time lag in reporting, but you can get some idea on the basis of the overall trend which has been relentlessly and depressingly upwards. We may indeed have passed the peak but we won't know that until next week. I wouldn't hold your breath tbh

It's a serious point.  The BBC (Reeta Chakrabarti) have just misreported this as 881 people dying in the last 24 hrs.  This is so misleading.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2350 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 17:09:43 »

It's a serious point.  The BBC (Reeta Chakrabarti) have just misreported this as 881 people dying in the last 24 hrs.  This is so misleading.
Likewise Beth Rigby and Ed Conway from Sky claiming deaths are flattening, illustrated by a graph that clearly shows they aren't. Admissions may be starting to flatten (and that is good for a likely flattening of deaths in a couple of weeks), but deaths, sadly, are not as yet. It's almost like the journalists reporting on this don't understand the information they're supposed to be presenting and are just regurgitating a spin doctor's briefing instead. This is what happens when serious journalism is replaced with spin and looking good in front of a camera.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2351 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 17:47:57 »

Fox News shows there is a way to go yet in the dumbing down of journalism in the UK.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2352 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 18:10:06 »

Boris Johnson out of intensive care

I assume to a less intensive type of care, and not that he died, but the tweet didn’t clarify

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2353 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 18:28:27 »

Boris Johnson out of intensive care

I assume to a less intensive type of care, and not that he died, but the tweet didn’t clarify
Back to the ward apparently (well, private room obviously). Good news.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2354 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 18:45:18 »

The German Army has donated 60 ventilators to the NHS. Look forward to reading about that on the front page of the Sun and the Mail tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: