Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206126 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2265 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 17:31:54 »

My wife has just got one of those NHS at risk letters. She is not happy. She wants to go to work, but they have told her to stay off. She is not happy.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2266 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 17:55:22 »

can understand that, but you can't fuck about with health on this mate.

better she's safe
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #2267 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 18:06:03 »

I know. Just a bolt out of the blue.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #2268 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 18:34:39 »

I thought the rules were one lot of exercise a day, why didn’t they just ask her how she’d arrived at the bench, point out that walking there was her permitted exercise and then arrest her if she refused to move. Selfish idiot
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 19:01:42 by brocklesby red » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #2269 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 18:53:44 »

Nobody out clapping for Boris in my street which I'm glad about. He doesn't deserve it. I do hope he pulls through and is getting the best care. I say this because then, hopefully, he will champion the NHS and do a far better job for it than his predecessors have done.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2270 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 19:28:25 »

there was someone clapping in our street. they gave up after 30 seconds or so
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2271 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 20:12:03 »

Even the Sun's political editor picked up a startling admission from the Chief Medical Officer from this afternoon's press briefing

"Chris Whitty finally admits what no government minister has dared to on #Covid19 - Germany did what the UK should have done on mass testing: CMO: "Germany got ahead on testing, and there's a lot to learn from that"."

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1247560302125875203

Raab very pointedly refusing to back Hancock's assertions (vague wishes?) that we would be up to 100,000 tests by the end of April.

and the point on testing, that the USA is missing right now, is not how many you test now (you are simply verifying that it is everywhere) but how many you tested at outbreak and how effective you were at contact tracing and quarantine.  A bigger initial test surge with the right data could have stopped the spread to a degree, but once the cat is out of the bag, you can test a million a day if you like, it's a bit late.  Massive testing has a single purpose now - identify when we can start reducing across the board lock downs by being able to target who to keep at home.  You could probably mass test for exposure and, assuming it works this way, keep high risk safe, allow those who have had it out and about with restrictions and everyone else keeps being tested at regular intervals or at first sign of anything even remotely looking like the virus.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2272 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 20:17:06 »

Was he 'Eric Read'?

No, disguised himself as 'Charlie_Methven' I think.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2273 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 21:41:37 »

Nah the nice weather is killing all the germs

Ooh that hurt. Love a sly cunt. Man after my own heart  Girl Giggle

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #2274 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 08:25:24 »

My wife has just got one of those NHS at risk letters. She is not happy. She wants to go to work, but they have told her to stay off. She is not happy.

Good news, she has wangled being able to work! She has mild asthma but not on medication.

Dedication. I am proud of her.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2275 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 09:07:33 »

Well known Town fan and old mate of mine and many on here Derek Elston of the 2,000+ Town matches consecutively is seriously ill in hospital with Covid19, everything crossed for you to make a full recovery mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #2276 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 09:15:26 »

Well known Town fan and old mate of mine and many on here Derek Elston of the 2,000+ Town matches consecutively is seriously ill in hospital with Covid19, everything crossed for you to make a full recovery mate.

Very sad news. A smashing bloke. Always says 'hello' when I bump into him at away grounds.

Get well soon, Derek. Keep fighting, mate!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2277 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 09:36:48 »

Very sad to hear. He's a lovely chap. Hope he pulls through
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2278 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 09:56:25 »

Israel Health Minister Yaakov Litzman, a man who previously claimed that the Coronavirus was "divine punishment against homosexuality" has tested positive for the disease.

Maybe it shouldn't but this did make me laugh a bit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #2279 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 10:13:44 »

Good news, she has wangled being able to work! She has mild asthma but not on medication.

Dedication. I am proud of her.

Tell her thank you from the TEF
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: