Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206372 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2115 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 11:19:49 »

I'm going to be fuming if the selfish thick twats who ignore the outdoor rules cause it to be banned. My daily cycle ride/walk is important in so many ways.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #2116 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 11:42:48 »

I'm going to be fuming if the selfish thick twats who ignore the outdoor rules cause it to be banned. My daily cycle ride/walk is important in so many ways.

My experience within a 2 mile radius of my house has been very good since the lockdown.  Not sure whether we are a representative sample as we live within a few hundred yards of open countryside which is so much easier of course.

I think that the vast majority of people will be sensible.  However, even if a staggeringly impressive 99% of people behave responsibly that would still mean 675,000 people behaving irresponsibly which is a fuck of a lot of attention grabbing bad news stories for our wonderfully balanced and responsible press to feast on.

I hope common sense will prevail.  If the experts believe that this will need to go on for months then a long-term stay indoors lockdown will surely be impractical.  I know other countries have done it but have they really thought it through or simply knee-jerked? 

A lot depends on how the press choose to play it. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2117 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 12:07:51 »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/05/thousands-ignore-lockdown-rules-enjoy-sunny-weather-12510443/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #2118 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 12:16:11 »

Sadly, there are reports of quite a few flouting the regs which will only worsen as time goes by, with the inevitable consequences. I don't foresee anything other than an enforced and strict lockdown, probably sooner than we'd wish, and it'll also go on for much longer than we'd wish. Glass half empty caveat.

Referring to PaulD's earlier link....  https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-out-of-many-one-36b886af37e9  when you consider we had the huge advantage of being 4 weeks behind Italy, and on an island, the decision to go for mitigation (herd immunity) rather than an early and strict suppression ( the hammer and dance ) has me scratching me head, must admit.

The overall economic impact of herd immunity appears to be worse too, according to the above. Don't get it.

PS Link doesn't appear to work ! Sorry.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 12:18:44 by Banker » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2119 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 12:24:25 »

Quote from: 4D

agreed, but there are some really think fuckers that are sadly intellectually incapable or too selfish to comply.

Most people are, but even locally it's not universal. Someone I went to school with lives in Sapperton, he's been moaning all week shit people driving to the village or nearby beauty spot for a walk or to take their dog out.

As the government fear, people's resolve will weaken over time. Especially as others are 'getting away with it'

Ignore
« Reply #2120 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 12:29:04 »

You have to treat people like the idiots they are. They'll ignore advice. The rules should have been tighter from the outset. The lockdown should be more strict and penalties enforced without any let offs. Obey rules or else. To serious an issue to fuck about with.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2121 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 13:23:38 »

Fuck sake. Look at the couple on the park bench in Battersea Park treating the whole thing like a joke. If they close the park on the back of that, where I enjoy my daily walk I’ll not be happy at all!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2122 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 13:27:08 »

Mostly the ignorant yoof
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2123 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 13:45:21 »

Fuck sake. Look at the couple on the park bench in Battersea Park treating the whole thing like a joke. If they close the park on the back of that, where I enjoy my daily walk I’ll not be happy at all!
Makes my fucking blood boil TBH mate, seems like a lockdown will be the only way to stop them.

Down here on loads of roads heading into Dorset/Devon to the coast there are police roadblocks stopping lots of day trippers, about time too, ignorant fucks.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2124 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 13:47:05 »

Mostly the ignorant yoof
You’d think.

The Scottish Health Minister has been caught visiting her holiday home in Fife after lecturing everyone else to stay indoors.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2125 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 13:49:48 »

There's too many fuckwits who think the rules only apply to other people.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #2126 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 13:55:04 »

Sickening behaviour .  Lockdown would be so awful for those of us who followed the rules.  I wouldn't mind something like no movement further than one mile from your house, and having written evidence  why you are legally doing so, and enforced strictly by police.

ust be the oldest
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2127 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 13:57:17 »

Makes my fucking blood boil TBH mate, seems like a lockdown will be the only way to stop them.

Down here on loads of roads heading into Dorset/Devon to the coast there are police roadblocks stopping lots of day trippers, about time too, ignorant fucks.

It’s the people’s mental welfare that I’m concerned about. I know even from the small cross section from this forum that people are already on the edge and so a daily walk/run/bike ride is absolutely crucial. If that’s taken away from them because of people’s selfish behaviour it’s going to be hugely disappointing and the British people need to have a long hard look at themselves.

It’s a couple of months that people are being asked to do this, not 10 years, can people really not adhere to this for what is, in effect, a minuscule percentage of a lifetime. *shakes ones head wistfully*

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2128 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 14:04:16 »

Just done a 10 mile ride. You're right BO, it's as much mental as physical boost.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2129 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 14:04:44 »

I know even from the small cross section from this forum that people are already on the edge and so a daily walk/run/bike ride is absolutely crucial.
Absolutely, good job I am already a hermit so not being allowed out for another 10 weeks is less of a problem for me that it would be for so many, I am not taking the risk, they told me to stay in for 12 weeks so thats what I am going to do.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: