Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 37345 times)
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 09:50:33 »

The congestion doesn't concern me too much we have a hell of a lot of options now after our good jan window.

A townless saturday does make for a much more boring Saturday though
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 09:57:04 »

The congestion doesn't concern me too much we have a hell of a lot of options now after our good jan window.

A townless saturday does make for a much more boring Saturday though

You would have thought all the money Mansfield have they would have invested in some decent covers for the pitch

So, give no fucks
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 10:00:47 »

Yes totally!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 10:03:09 »

Yes totally!

I remember going to Field Mill around 76/77 and you couldn't see past the half way line because of fog and never got to see our goal when we scored

So, give no fucks
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 10:08:32 »

I really put the mockers on it, pointing out 2 and half weeks ago that we'd done well out of getting thus far with no postponements  Sad

3 since.  Conventional wisdom is you want to be playing, but we'll soon find out.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 10:10:20 »

Tuesday 31 March for this one, I reckon. Not the home game I wanted to get in but, hey ho, at least I’ll get 2 games during my trip!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 11:25:54 »

[quote="]Not the home game I wanted to get in[/quote]
Huh?Huh?Huh??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 11:27:01 »

bugger. one thing we've not been good at*  is when the fixtures have been Tuesday/Saturday

*I've not looked to see if the facts fit this
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 11:32:45 »

Tuesday 31 March for this one, I reckon. Not the home game I wanted to get in but, hey ho, at least I’ll get 2 games during my trip!

It could be Tuesday 10th March and if so would mean 3 away games in a week!

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 11:37:35 »

Huh?Huh?Huh??
Yeah. I’ve booked to come over 27 March to 7 April but the home game v Salford is off - so, atm, I’ve only got Walsall away.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 11:51:48 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
Huh?Huh?Huh??
Yeah. I’ve booked to come over 27 March to 7 April but the home game v Salford is off - so, atm, I’ve only got Walsall away.

ah ok. I read it as through you though Mansfield was a home game.

bit of a bugger, but Walsall away is always a good one.  ah well, I'll buy you a pint when you come over to celebrate your bet winnings Wink
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 12:26:57 »

If it's off, it won't be the wind, it'll be due to a waterlogged pitch caused by today's rain. Like to think the grounds team at Field Mill will be doing what they can. No flood warnings or alerts in Mansfield itself though.

Just saying.

What makes a little bit of a mockery is that Notts County's home FA Trophy tie, versus Aveley still goes ahead. Wobbly Bob, head over there and watch Doyle take part in his 800th career appearance...actually scrap that they have just kicked off!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 22:45:05 »

The interviewer certainly likes ask all the waterlogging questions you can think of ..

https://www.facebook.com/155468114909/posts/10158005455449910/
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, March 1, 2020, 13:45:17 »

The interviewer certainly likes ask all the waterlogging questions you can think of ..

https://www.facebook.com/155468114909/posts/10158005455449910/
Did view the pitch yesterday whilst still up there.   Game would have been playable in my opinion had it not been for the waterlogging, yes there was a wind, nothing we couldn't have coped with,  there was more rain on the way up but most of the afternoon was dry, however,  there was absolutely no way that the match could have been played on that swamp.  Don't think there was a patch that wasn't waterlogged.  I was told it had been covered Friday night and that they now plan to renew the drainage system.   I know that the weather has been exceptional,  however there were only 4 games off in the top 4 divisions,  IMO knowing the forecast at the beginning of the week,  had the pitch been covered then, the game would have gone ahead.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, March 1, 2020, 16:16:45 »

Did view the pitch yesterday whilst still up there.   Game would have been playable in my opinion had it not been for the waterlogging, yes there was a wind, nothing we couldn't have coped with,  there was more rain on the way up but most of the afternoon was dry, however,  there was absolutely no way that the match could have been played on that swamp.  Don't think there was a patch that wasn't waterlogged.  I was told it had been covered Friday night and that they now plan to renew the drainage system.   I know that the weather has been exceptional,  however there were only 4 games off in the top 4 divisions,  IMO knowing the forecast at the beginning of the week,  had the pitch been covered then, the game would have gone ahead.

I read somewhere that only part of the pitch was covered

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: