Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 37334 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 09:58:48 »

Mansfield have only won 4 out of 17 games at home this season in the league. We need to get back to winning ways with our away form, here's a good opportunity for a beefy away win. Problem is since the new year they beat Bradford 3-0 and Newport 1-0  Hmmm

Mansfield 1-4 Swindon att: 4,746 (897 of us)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 10:18:39 »

It's an interesting game.... given as Wellens has pointed out they're one of a number of clubs who have a bigger budgie than ours, you have to wonder, other than they messed up by sacking Flitcroft, what has gone wrong at the Stags....

Salford, Northampton, Plymouth and Mansfield are four of nine clubs that Wellens listed ahead of this afternoon’s game against Grimsby Town as having a much greater playing budget.

Wellens said: “I’m not savvy to every teams budget.

“If I’m honest, I’d say our budget is midtable – and that’s off the top of my head.

“Do I believe money talks? It’s a lot easier to win with money, and a lot easier to get better players in with money.

I thought they caused us plenty of problems at the CG, which meant Wellens bringing on Broadbent to shore us up at the back from the aerial bombardment. 

Don't know if they're still the same under Coughlan.... but sometimes under achievers can find a bit of redemption by putting on a good show against the league leaders
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 10:26:40 »

Probably the best team I’ve seen at the CG this season - they missed a host of chances with Maynard being the biggest culprit.

Obviously a bit of a flashin the pan as subsequent results have show , but they were unfortunate at Numb last Saturday. Dont know if Preston is out injured or just not being picked but he’s taken a fair bit of flak from Stags fans.

We’ve just got too much for most teams in this league so - 3 points incoming!
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 10:43:04 »

There's nothing to suggest they're anything but completely shite this year. Four wins all season at home.

Anything other than a win is disappointing.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 10:48:26 »

Probably the best team I’ve seen at the CG this season - they missed a host of chances with Maynard being the biggest culprit.

Obviously a bit of a flashin the pan as subsequent results have show , but they were unfortunate at Numb last Saturday. Dont know if Preston is out injured or just not being picked but he’s taken a fair bit of flak from Stags fans.

We’ve just got too much for most teams in this league so - 3 points incoming!

I was at the corresponding fixture and agree I was quite impressed with Manfield. As you say Maynard didn't have his shooting boots on that day or we would have been in trouble.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 10:49:41 »

Mansfield have only won 4 out of 17 games at home this season in the league. We need to get back to winning ways with our away form, here's a good opportunity for a beefy away win. Problem is since the new year they beat Bradford 3-0 and Newport 1-0  Hmmm

Mansfield 1-4 Swindon att: 4,746 (897 of us)

Err we won our last away game..
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 10:54:25 »

Err we won our last away game..

Yep, but I mean consistency.  Before that it was LLD.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 10:56:38 »

It's an interesting game.... given as Wellens has pointed out they're one of a number of clubs who have a bigger budgie

I don't think there is any bird in the league as big as Rockin Robin .

Are you using LL's phone?  Smiley

Actually, you two never appear to be online at the same time 

You’d hope that our budgie next season would be able to stand his financial expectations though. Unless Wellens has his sights on a hitherto unknown diamond chomping at the bit.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 11:00:43 by 4D » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 13:18:38 »

Mansfield 0-0 Swindon in front of 4,865 with 861 Town fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 16:04:11 »

Just got my ticket,  looks like it could well be another 1,000+ awayday. Looking forward to this one,     3-1 to us would be nice but settle for any result as long as it's 3 points to us.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 17:32:09 »

From Mansfield Manager Graham Coughlan.
GC: "Swindon are top of the league and winning games of football. For us to give them a competitive match on Saturday, we need our players to turn up and all give an eight or nine out of ten performance. I believe we can do that and we're looking forward to it."

Yep and thats a big ask to have a team sat in 21st place to have a whole team of 8 & 9's.

GC: "I do believe our lads are turning a corner and the mentality is changing. We have to get the balance right in training this week between attacking and defending. We are looking tighter [at the back] and dangerous when we play on the front foot going forward."

Well you have to improve as there are only 3 teams lower than you in the table!

GC: "Jack [Evans] has come in and done well. He's come from under-23 football, which is different to league football. He's growing into it and has done well. He's pushed the midfielders to the next level as he's asking questions about their jerseys."

Up against Doughty and grant plus possibly Lyden he is going to have to be at the top of his game!

GC: "Macca doesn't have a chance of returning for this Saturday - he's still a week or so short. We're aiming to get him back for Northampton but he won't make this weekend."

You can guarantee he will play then!

GC: "Matt Preston picked up a niggle in training on Friday but we'll have to gauge that one in the week. Kellan [Gordon] is some way short - he's been out on the grass but hasn't taken part in any of our sessions."

Or Nigel as the other players call him! I want him to play hes a walking red card!

Kellan Gordon another guaranteed starter then, And he been smoking weed too? tut tut.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 20:12:55 »

Any recommended options for parking near the ground?
Ta
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 20:27:08 »

The station is right next to it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 22:11:55 »

Any recommended options for parking near the ground?
Ta

Just park in PC World or Sainsburys on Nottingham Rd (the main drag) and nip in pre match for a browse. Don't park in the Retail Park next to the ground as enticing as it is. They're cunts for clamping. Other place is Squire Musters. Come off the M1 early at Junc 27. Well worth it if you like a good beer. It's next to the WMC too so you can park there. Bout 10mins drive from the ground. Badger Box is good too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 22:25:46 »

Just park in PC World or Sainsburys on Nottingham Rd (the main drag) and nip in pre match for a browse. Don't park in the Retail Park next to the ground as enticing as it is. They're cunts for clamping. Other place is Squire Musters. Come off the M1 early at Junc 27. Well worth it if you like a good beer. It's next to the WMC too so you can park there. Bout 10mins drive from the ground. Badger Box is good too.
Do you know if there are any time limits on parking in PCW or Sainsburys ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: