Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Grimsby pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 77157 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 15:28:09 »

We should maybe reclaim 'the Swine', used as a term of abuse by opposition fans.  A nod to the etymology of Swindon.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 15:30:41 »

I love the way Doyle celebrates our goals, all over the goalscorer he is and first one there. With Bradford he so didn't give a shit when they scored. I know he hasn't scored for us since returning but he is playing well still and assisting excellently. He just seems well up for it with us
Valid Pint

« Reply #332 on: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 16:08:38 »

Since when have some of our fans referred to us as “Swin” or “The Swin”?
Perhaps I am getting old but that is utterly cringeworthy

I don't mind being called a Brit. Not sure when that came in. Was it because of the Brit Awards? Or was it around before then?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 16:27:40 »

I don't mind being called a Brit. Not sure when that came in. Was it because of the Brit Awards? Or was it around before then?
Nah, that's been going for ages. Think it's an American thing. Certainly I was referred to as a Brit when in California for a few weeks as a teenager (which was a very long time ago Sad )
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 16:52:07 »

Nah, that's been going for ages. Think it's an American thing. Certainly I was referred to as a Brit when in California for a few weeks as a teenager (which was a very long time ago Sad )
I think it was a joke... that's how I took it anyway 🤔
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 17:01:21 »

We should maybe reclaim 'the Swine', used as a term of abuse by opposition fans.  A nod to the etymology of Swindon.
I would go with that but I dare say somebody will be offended, or offended on somebody else"s behalf.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 18:10:22 »

I'm offended you think I might be offended. (that's how it works these days)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 18:19:28 »

I'm offended you think I might be offended. (that's how it works these days)

Put a claim in!

So, give no fucks
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 18:42:09 »

Thinking about the og, I can remember playing the same opposition in the 1960's when they had a bit of a man mountain called Jobling.  He scored a cracker of an og from just inside the box, Mike Summerbee raced over to shake his hand and congratulate him.  Didn't go down very well as I remember!!  One of the game's real characters in that team. 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 02:42:08 »

Four wins secures playoffs. We don’t want that shit, expensive day out and a lottery. We’re going up top three, being saying that since, well, autumn and nothing has changed my mind that won’t be so.

Fed up of crying at Wembley Stadium. Nope. Up as champions please.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 05:26:35 »

Be a low turnout I reckon, about 25000 would think they are jinxes and not risk it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 08:00:20 »

Fed up of crying at Wembley Stadium. Nope. Up as champions please.

Yes, very attainable. So is promo two next season as well, which I have already said. I have a gut feeling of a Lou Mac double promotion push.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 09:08:05 »

Yes, very attainable. So is promo two next season as well, which I have already said. I have a gut feeling of a Lou Mac double promotion push.
Agree on both counts. And with bamboo - fuck Wembley.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 09:17:38 »

Be a low turnout I reckon, about 25000 would think they are jinxes and not risk it.
I would definitely be one of those. The Millwall game in 2010 was such a shit awful day I couldn't face it in '12 for the LDV or the play off final in '15. Needless to say, I do not regret those decisions one bit.

Someone out of the current top 4 is not going to get an auto spot and whoever that is will shit the bed in the play offs - it's happened time and time again over the years. We can't be and mustn't be that team...and I don't think we will be.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the business we did in the January window will prove to be the clincher for us and will get us over the line.*

*It won't be easy though  Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #344 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 09:19:21 »

That 4 point cushion allows us a bad day at the office - or two. Hoping we extend that gap further.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: