Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Grimsby pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 76692 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 08:02:00 »

There is no team in this division we can't beat, there is no team in this division we shouldn't beat, whether or not we beat them on the day though is a different matter as we all know only too well being Swindon fans.

I just hope there isn't a strong wind to spoil the game as there has been so many times recently. The great leveller.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 08:20:53 »

There is no team in this division we can't beat, there is no team in this division we shouldn't beat, whether or not we beat them on the day though is a different matter as we all know only too well being Swindon fans.

I just hope there isn't a strong wind to spoil the game as there has been so many times recently. The great leveller.
Correct on all counts.  Unlike some though, I can grasp the concept that that's not the same as saying it's going to be easy😉

A nice, gentle 18mph South Westerly currently being forecast for 3.00 Saturday at the CG by the BBC weather app👍
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 09:39:11 »

Yes very true. It's interesting that so many fans of other teams perceive us as having a bit of a 'wobble' this year. Since the start of the year we've beaten every other team in the top 4, as well as Vale and Northampton who are in and around the p/o's...

Tough game tomorrow Saturday, if Grimsby are gonna attack that might suit us but Holloway isn't an idiot and knows they won't beat us at a game of football so I imagine they'll be compact and hard to break down
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 12:00:37 by Tails » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 11:03:22 »

Anything other than a win will be disappointing.

2-0 Town, Yates and Doyle.

Benda

Hunt
Baudry
Broadbent
Fryers

Grant
Lyden
Doughty

Yates
Doyle
Isgrove
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 12:14:59 »

Think we will give someone a right tonking soon, may as well be this lot.

Sent from my Mi A1
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 17:56:50 »

Let’s hope the players are all fired up after going paintballing this week.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 18:37:28 »

the last time stfc went paintballing we had danny wilson, dosevi, pericard and co. shudder. big arguments and a square up after one of the games as well. happy environment!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 19:16:33 »

the last time stfc went paintballing we had danny wilson, dosevi, pericard and co. shudder. big arguments and a square up after one of the games as well. happy environment!
Very different now though, the squad seems to be very much together under Wellens.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 19:18:20 »

Very different now though, the squad seems to be very much together under Wellens.

yh it was mainly to highlight the complete opposites. relegation battle and massive divides v top of the league and happy squad.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 19:55:33 »

Pint

As long as GP & Y are on target.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 20:10:17 »

yh it was mainly to highlight the complete opposites. relegation battle and massive divides v top of the league and happy squad.
From the outside it does look like they all get on and have a laugh together rather than any cliques. I guess the players and families seemingly wanting to be here supports that view and fair play to Wellens and Hunt for creating an enjoyable environment.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 20:27:10 »

Good man-management. Something that Wilson appeared to be terrible at despite being a decent coach.

I've always wondered if Wilson might do well under a DoF type figure where he was just left to the footballing stuff and the other guy handled the players.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 21:06:21 »

Good man-management. Something that Wilson appeared to be terrible at despite being a decent coach.

I've always wondered if Wilson might do well under a DoF type figure where he was just left to the footballing stuff and the other guy handled the players.

Fun fact (according to Wikipedia): Danny Wilson is only 5'6.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 21:14:25 »

Share a similar view. Wilson was always good at applying an initial way of thinking/playing (throughout his managerial career it seemed to pay dividends for the first season). Where he struggled was keeping a lid on any differences within any camp. He certainly had an eye/the contacts for spotting a player or two.

Would make a great DoF, much better than TT.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 07:58:33 »

Win. 4-2

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: