Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Grimsby pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 76683 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 09:19:52 »

I'll be back for this one, we need to go one decent run, I think it's now 4 teams via for the 3 auto places. I'd like to see us open up a gap.

2-1 att: 8,482 (587 cods)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 09:23:55 »

Someone's an eager beaver!

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 09:25:23 »

Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 09:41:34 »

Swindon 0-0 Grimsby in front of 7,865 with 511 Grims there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 11:17:16 »

Chance of a moderate breeze. Postponed.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 11:47:50 »

3-1 win, after going behind early doors.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 12:08:54 »

Aren't the Cods Fleetwood? Anyway, a tighter than expected game which we'll edge 2-1.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 12:11:41 »

6-1 doyle with a hatrick Yates x2 and grant 8101 att
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 12:25:49 »

Their fans are worst than us at getting carried away after a few wins thinking they are now going to reach the play-offs. Hopefully we can pretty much finish the season for them on Saturday.
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 12:56:53 »

Their form isn't all that great.

Asides from a very good win against Colchester, they've had mostly draws against mid-table teams and wins against teams lower down.

A dominant performance and comfortable scoreline, please.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 13:09:28 »

I blood hate fish (battered cod aside)

Town 3  Mariners 1
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 13:19:32 »

Their fans are worst than us at getting carried away after a few wins thinking they are now going to reach the play-offs. Hopefully we can pretty much finish the season for them on Saturday.

Isn't Holloway their manager now? Decent appointment at this level. We're at the stage of the season where everyone (except the really shite teams) still think they have a shot at the playoffs.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 13:24:39 »

2-1 Doyle, Isgrove
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 14:00:55 »

Isn't Holloway their manager now? Decent appointment at this level. We're at the stage of the season where everyone (except the really shite teams) still think they have a shot at the playoffs.
At this same point last season Newport were in a lowly 15th place yet made the play offs still 8 points behind 8th place after 33 games, exactly the same position Grimsby currently sit in.

Still very open.

A couple of views currently on the game. One poster needs lesson in when not to put commas into a sentence!

Well this certainly has the potential to be very tasty indeed and one Town could quite easily snatch a win from  , , , how good would that be?!

I know when they played up here the other week , , , Cobbler Land that is , , , they didn't dominate according to the local shoe folk and it was quite an even game heading for a goalless draw until Swindon snatched a winner

Town will go down there in full confidence and last time we went away to the leaders , , , Exeter wasn't it we grabbed a 3-1 win and I believe that still is their only home defeat , , , , Swindon have lost 3 at home so are certainly beatable , , , , ,

Come On Town lets get a third win on the bounce, , , , something we have yet to do this season!

I remember it being this time last year heading to Swindon and I think we had just won four on the bounce (I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong- Stat Man Les?)  and looking for our 5th win in a row and to push on for a good finish to the season and potentially Play Off's - instead we got a 1-1 at Swindon and then it all kind of fell apart and the season just well ended from that point!!
----------------------------------
Swindon looked very, very good when they beat us at BP. Perhaps we made them look good, I don’t know, but either way they’re top of the league. It’ll be a good barometer of how far we’ve come.

From the predictions so far they have 8 Swindon wins 8 Grimsby wins and 8 draws. There was a higher percentage yesterday predicting them winning.

They appointed Hollowhead on 31st December.

Their form since the turn of the year has been WWDLLWDDWW.

Away form since January 1st is WDLDW scoring 9 and conceding 8 goals.

Thier top scorers so far are the huge target man James Hanson on 7 and the very small striker Charles Vernam on 6, Vernam scored a hattrick in the away win at Colchester. Otherwise their next top scorer is on 3.

Luckily their new manager isn't afraid of losing....good job too!

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-holloway-grimsby-town-style-3856028

I just sat through all the goal and chances from the last 5 games involving Grimsby.

My god there is some awful defending by them and against them, their keeper particularly looks quite weak, as he was in the match up there that we won 3-0 earlier in the season.

They struggle to clear crosses and hate it when players run at them.

They do seem to try and keep the ball on the deck though with a few balls launched from defence at times, should be an entertaining game.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 14:12:17 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 14:10:04 »

I still recall the time I bumped into Holloway in IKEA Brizzle.  Nothing was said, but it was one of those double take moments followed by a smile and various nods of recognition. I recognized him too  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: