Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Grimsby pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 76670 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 09:28:50 »

Win 8 of our last 12, we’ll be on 90 points, which will take us up, probably as Champions.
Very doable.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:13:43 »

I love the way Doyle celebrates our goals, all over the goalscorer he is and first one there. With Bradford he so didn't give a shit when they scored. I know he hasn't scored for us since returning but he is playing well still and assisting excellently. He just seems well up for it with us
Good thing in some respects,   whilst he's not banging them in the press seem to take less interest. That should suit us just fine, keep him off other clubs radars, re-sign him, then let him loose again next season in league one.
Definitely agree although he's not scoring he's putting in a full shift every game  and creating changes that other players wouldn't get near, would be a major loss should we lose him at the end of the season but think/hope that will not be the case.   He certainly seems to love being here, why would he want to go elsewhere ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #347 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:32:25 »

Win 8 of our last 12, we’ll be on 90 points, which will take us up, probably as Champions.
Very doable.
With 6 homes games and 6 away games that is very doable.

Mansfield A
Scunthorpe H Tuesday
FGR H
Oldham A
Stevenage A Tuesday
Crawley H
Walsall A
Salford H
Cheltenham H Easter Fri
Morecambe A Easter Mon
Orient H
Macclesfield A

All very winnable.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:34:17 »

I stayed at the the ground for a while after the game so the lad could meet a few players. The Grimsby team and Holloway came out.

He was as you'd expect, a top bloke, plenty of time to chat and have a bit of a laugh. But a couple of yoofs took the banter a bit far and used "cunt" in the banter. Holloway got really annoyed at this and went after them and made them apologise to the children that were getting photos and autographs.

Top Bloke  Grin. I can see Grimsby doing well under him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:37:26 »

I stayed at the the ground for a while after the game so the lad could meet a few players. The Grimsby team and Holloway came out.

He was as you'd expect, a top bloke, plenty of time to chat and have a bit of a laugh. But a couple of yoofs took the banter a bit far and used "cunt" in the banter. Holloway got really annoyed at this and went after them and made them apologise to the children that were getting photos and autographs.

Gone up in my estimation there. Thanks for sharing.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #350 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:46:17 »

Fair play to him, nice.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:18:27 »

Mansfield A
Scunthorpe H Tuesday
FGR H
Oldham A
Stevenage A Tuesday
Crawley H
Walsall A
Salford H
Cheltenham H Easter Fri
Morecambe A Easter Mon
Orient H
Macclesfield A

All very winnable.

Be great to win those 8 before Easter ... then relax and pulverise Cheltenham! Smiley
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:27:48 »

Looking forward to Walsall away. Should be quite a few of us there!

Mansfield A
Scunthorpe H Tuesday
FGR H
Oldham A
Stevenage A Tuesday
Crawley H
Walsall A
Salford H
Cheltenham H Easter Fri
Morecambe A Easter Mon
Orient H
Macclesfield A

All very winnable.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:49:00 »

That 4 point cushion allows us a bad day at the office - or two. Hoping we extend that gap further.

I have a feeling we will open the gap further. I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll win the league by 5pts.

I would definitely be one of those. The Millwall game in 2010 was such a shit awful day I couldn't face it in '12 for the LDV or the play off final in '15. Needless to say, I do not regret those decisions one bit.

Millwall - heartbreaking.

Chesterfield - disappointingly abject.

Preston - underdogs yet famously devastating.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:50:02 »

Good thing in some respects,   whilst he's not banging them in the press seem to take less interest. That should suit us just fine, keep him off other clubs radars, re-sign him, then let him loose again next season in league one.
Definitely agree although he's not scoring he's putting in a full shift every game  and creating changes that other players wouldn't get near, would be a major loss should we lose him at the end of the season but think/hope that will not be the case.   He certainly seems to love being here,
why would he want to go elsewhere ?.

Yea that's the beauty of it, if we do go up, we already have a good league 1 squad in place (give or take a couple of players) not sure if DJ, Benda, Yates etc would stay but being in league one would surely help that and it would be a nice change from the usual summer overhaul of 10-15 players...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:51:43 »

He certainly seems to love being here, why would he want to go elsewhere ?.

Understand the sentiment and you'd be correct in principle bit as to why? Money. He's publicly said as such.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 12:05:07 »

Definitely agree although he's not scoring he's putting in a full shift every game  and creating changes that other players wouldn't get near, would be a major loss should we lose him at the end of the season but think/hope that will not be the case.   He certainly seems to love being here, why would he want to go elsewhere ?.

The one thing he causes is panic....saw it a lot on Saturday.

Clems Army!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 12:05:19 »

Understand the sentiment and you'd be correct in principle bit as to why? Money. He's publicly said as such.

You’d hope that our budgie next season would be able to stand his financial expectations though. Unless Wellens has his sights on a hitherto unknown diamond chomping at the bit.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 12:07:28 »

You’d hope that our budgie next season would be able to stand his financial expectations though. Unless Wellens has his sights on a hitherto unknown diamond chomping at the bit.

Did you tweet that?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 12:30:46 »

Did you tweet that?

As long as you don’t parrot it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: