Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rivals  (Read 21315 times)
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 10:27:35 »

Aside from the obvious Pox and City rivalries, I’ve really had fun with Bradford this year, it’s added something extra. And add the fact that, for once, we’ve won (maybe not on the pitch, but away from from it we most certainly have) its been even more fun. For what it’s worth I don’t think either the club or their fans have acted unfairly and I’ve now got half an eye on them and hope their season comes good without Doyle
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 20:00:16 »

Aside from the obvious Pox and City rivalries, I’ve really had fun with Bradford this year, it’s added something extra. And add the fact that, for once, we’ve won (maybe not on the pitch, but away from from it we most certainly have) its been even more fun. For what it’s worth I don’t think either the club or their fans have acted unfairly and I’ve now got half an eye on them and hope their season comes good without Doyle

It reminds me of the PdC L2 season. Of course a lot hated and admired us at the same time. But distinct "rivalries" at the time seemed to be Gills (because of previous and we poached Luke Rooney purely for shits and giggles) and Shrews (due to us poaching Collins mostly but Graham Turner thought they were much better than they were.) Both sets of those home victories, I'm certain on a Tuesday night, were great nights under lights. Only really second to Northampton and PdC's famous "run".

Those times seem like they are nearly here again, so as well as the usual rivalries, these temporary ones stand out for me too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 10:09:32 »

Being an out of towner for 25 odd years now (and growing up in West Oxon where even when I was a kid and the pox were doing well no one seemed to support them) local rivalries don't really directly affect me, have a vague acquaintance who is a pox fan (he is the son of a friend of my dads and whilst we are linked on Facebook see him about once every 15 years) and he is bloody obsessed with us, which has an additional comedy value as he is a GP and lives in Australia!

Amusingly my mate went to the Newcastle-Pox game at St James Park the other month and apparently they spent the full 90 mins singing about us and abusing Matt Ritche.

Anyone would think they have an inferiority complex.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 10:31:32 »

Being an out of towner for 25 odd years now (and growing up in West Oxon where even when I was a kid and the pox were doing well no one seemed to support them) local rivalries don't really directly affect me, have a vague acquaintance who is a pox fan (he is the son of a friend of my dads and whilst we are linked on Facebook see him about once every 15 years) and he is bloody obsessed with us, which has an additional comedy value as he is a GP and lives in Australia!

Amusingly my mate went to the Newcastle-Pox game at St James Park the other month and apparently they spent the full 90 mins singing about us and abusing Matt Ritche.

Don't think it counts as a complex as they're genuinely inferior!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 10:53:41 »

Not much between Oxford and Bristol City for me. Started going to Town games in 2003 so waited a full 9 years (i think) before I saw us play Oxford in a league game. Conversely we had a lot of tussles with City in that time. One of my first away games was the City 1-2 Swindon game where Henderson scored a brace. And the Fallon overhead kick which was an amazing moment.

So as a young un Bristol City were my most hated but Oxford have since caught up and overtaken, though not by much.

Rovers and Reading are meh. Do have a strong dislike of Bournemeouth.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 10:55:29 by Super Hans » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 11:02:08 »

Not much between Oxford and Bristol City for me. Started going to Town games in 2003 so waited a full 9 years (i think) before I saw us play Oxford in a league game. Conversely we had a lot of tussles with City in that time. One of my first away games was the City 1-2 Swindon game where Henderson scored a brace. And the Fallon overhead kick which was an amazing moment.

So as a young un Bristol City were my most hated but Oxford have since caught up and overtaken, though not by much.

Rovers and Reading are meh. Do have a strong dislike of Bournemeouth.

Shame you weren't around in the late 70's and 80's you would then realise how much trouble bothe Bristol clubs caused at the county ground and Town centre

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 11:17:13 »

Shame you weren't around in the late 70's and 80's you would then realise how much trouble both Bristol clubs caused at the county ground and Town centre
Definately, Shitty and Rovers fans have been awful in games at Swindon over the years, possibly more so than Oxford. Also Bournemouth fans caused a lot of trouble in the late 80s as did Northampton in the early 80s. Luckily thats eased more in recent years.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 11:22:07 »

He’s another GP? Sign him up I say, can’t hurt to have two
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 09:55:31 »

Forever in our shadow.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:00:51 »

Definately, Shitty and Rovers fans have been awful in games at Swindon over the years, possibly more so than Oxford. Also Bournemouth fans caused a lot of trouble in the late 80s as did Northampton in the early 80s. Luckily thats eased more in recent years.
Don't even have to go back to the 80s, in the 21st century Rovers have smashed up* the Queens Tap and attacked a load of ordinary fans and families at the Inn on the Green. Albeit both incidents well over a decade ago now.

* well, broke some glasses and tables
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:03:31 »

Don't even have to go back to the 80s, in the 21st century Rovers have smashed up* the Queens Tap and attacked a load of ordinary fans and families at the Inn on the Green. Albeit both incidents well over a decade ago now.

Luckily incidents like these are getting rarer though, we (well some of our fans) did a pretty good job at being twats themselves in Newport before our game there.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:14:24 »

Not connected with playing Swindon on their way back from a midweek game at poxford which was called off

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:20:31 »

Not connected with playing Swindon on their way back from a midweek game at poxford which was called off
Still Rovers fans causing grief in Swindon? And the Inn on the Green attack was before our away game v them
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:21:53 »

They're 'ard ain't they  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:26:17 »

They're 'ard ain't they  Smiley
A gang of 20 Bristol fans with a mental age of 3 armed with baseball bats and a combined IQ of 18....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: