Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rivals  (Read 21421 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:27:17 »

Still Rovers fans causing grief in Swindon? And the Inn on the Green attack was before our away game v them

Was that in Horefield when they attacked innocent fans

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:32:22 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/1363159.thugs-baseball-attack-on-town-fans/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:41:37 »

yeah, that's the one. As PV says, thankfully that kind of thing is much rarer these days
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 20:16:24 »

Definately, Shitty and Rovers fans have been awful in games at Swindon over the years, possibly more so than Oxford. Also Bournemouth fans caused a lot of trouble in the late 80s as did Northampton in the early 80s. Luckily thats eased more in recent years.

Eh ? Bournemouth and Northampton ?
They were always on the receiving end from what I saw.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 20:47:13 »

Eh ? Bournemouth and Northampton ?
They were always on the receiving end from what I saw.
I remember seeing loads of people covered in blood on the Stratton Bank as Bournemouth fans were lobbing stuff from the away end. At their place they were ripping seats up and chucking them at us on the pitch at the end of the game. Sometime in the 80s when the were promoted as champions from div 3 I think.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 21, 2020, 00:11:56 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 21:18:32 »

Don't even have to go back to the 80s, in the 21st century Rovers have smashed up* the Queens Tap and attacked a load of ordinary fans and families at the Inn on the Green. Albeit both incidents well over a decade ago now.

* well, broke some glasses and tables

We were caught up in this.  It was horrible.  A pack of feral chavs waded in to a peaceful beer garden with baseball bats on a lovely, sunny afternoon.  It came out of nowhere & took us a few stunned seconds to realise what was going on but, luckily, then managed to get inside the pub to take refuge.  Others got cornered & weren't as lucky.  Some ended up in A&E with fractures.  I've been watching Swindon for 30 years & I've never seen anything like it before or since.

TEF thread from 2007
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 21:32:55 by Ardiles » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 22:03:28 »

That 2007 game was one of the most hostile I've experienced but I concede that it was probably nothing compared to the 80s.

We were having a drink outside a pub when two sets of fans charged at each other, we turned to go into the pub but it was already being locked.

I remember listening to a Rovers fan trying to convince a police officer that they were Swindon fans fighting amongst themselves.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 22:08:02 »

I remember listening to a Rovers fan trying to convince a police officer that they were Swindon fans fighting amongst themselves.

Whilst dressed "Full Kit Wanker" in Blue & White Battenburg  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 23:00:02 »

I remember seeing loads of people covered in blood on the Stratton Bank as Bournemouth fans where lobbing stuff from the away end. At their place they were ripping seats up and chucking them at us on the pitch at the end of the game. Sometime in the 80s when the were promoted as champions from div 3 I think.

The only Bournemouth game at home I remember going to around that time was the 86/87 when we played them over Easter in the top of the table clash when they announced the crowd was 14,000 but anyone who was in the stadium knew it was 20,000+ as everywhere was packed including the away end. Swindon has loads of fans ejected from the Stratton bank before the game started but still had loads next to the Bournemouth lot but I can't remember any rocks etc being thrown from either set of fans

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 00:17:26 »

The only Bournemouth game at home I remember going to around that time was the 86/87 when we played them over Easter in the top of the table clash when they announced the crowd was 14,000 but anyone who was in the stadium knew it was 20,000+ as everywhere was packed including the away end. Swindon has loads of fans ejected from the Stratton bank before the game started but still had loads next to the Bournemouth lot but I can't remember any rocks etc being thrown from either set of fans
I vividly remember one chap walking past me, who I initially thought had a leopard skin shirt on. Turned out to be a white T shirt with smatterings of blood. Also remember stuff being thrown afterwards. Yes, lots ejected, top of the table clash around 86/87 sounds right. We didn't win, as I seem to remember being disappointed. Can't remember if we lost or it was a draw.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 08:22:26 »

I vividly remember one chap walking past me, who I initially thought had a leopard skin shirt on. Turned out to be a white T shirt with smatterings of blood. Also remember stuff being thrown afterwards. Yes, lots ejected, top of the table clash around 86/87 sounds right. We didn't win, as I seem to remember being disappointed. Can't remember if we lost or it was a draw.

Before my time, but here you go...

STFC 1-1 Bournemouth

Great coverage.  Fighty scenes on the Bank and Roger Malone calling us 'Swinter'.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 08:34:12 »

We were caught up in this.  It was horrible.  A pack of feral chavs waded in to a peaceful beer garden with baseball bats on a lovely, sunny afternoon.  It came out of nowhere & took us a few stunned seconds to realise what was going on but, luckily, then managed to get inside the pub to take refuge.  Others got cornered & weren't as lucky.  Some ended up in A&E with fractures.  I've been watching Swindon for 30 years & I've never seen anything like it before or since.

TEF thread from 2007

Bunch of cowards, tooling up to attack families.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 08:35:53 »

I was on the bank that day although not near the dividing fence so never witnessed any trouble only around 100 Swindon fans ejected befired the game and marched around the pitch to the Townend.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 21, 2020, 08:57:56 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 08:49:26 »

Before my time, but here you go...

STFC 1-1 Bournemouth

Great coverage.  Fighty scenes on the Bank and Roger Malone calling us 'Swinter'.
Thanks Ardiles.

I wasn't involved in the trouble - Never been a toughie. Sticks in the memory as I was scared that it was going to get a whole lot worse!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 09:01:08 »

Thanks Ardiles.

I wasn't involved in the trouble - Never been a toughie. Sticks in the memory as I was scared that it was going to get a whole lot worse!

Neither was I but I don't think the younger generation realise how scarŷ football was in the 70's/80's when you had rival thugs trying to take the home end or waiting outside the ground after the game

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: