Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The other lot in league 2 matchday thread 15.02.2020  (Read 64511 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:29:18 »

I have no issue with having expectations, that's fine. We have them too.

Argyle fans just aggressively pounce on everything.

Positives - FUCK YOU
Negatives - FUCK YOU
No Opinion either way? FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:35:07 »

It is what it is. Points will be dropped throughout the top 4 between now and late April.
Mystic Costanza.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:35:36 »

Based on a very small sample size, every male who lives in Devon/Cornwall under the age of 30 who has never lived anywhere but their home town is a massive bellend. The whole region suffers from small town syndrome

The Venn diagram of this segment and Plymouth fans would have quite a large overlap I imagine

I remember a surfer telling me the closer you got to Land's End, the more likely you were to get punched in a pub. I can see the attraction in punching some surfers though!

I've a friend who is a Plymouth fan from Bodmin and he's the funniest man I've ever met. He's seen the world however, so maybe that's why.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:36:51 »

I have no issue with having expectations, that's fine. We have them too.

Argyle fans just aggressively pounce on everything.

Positives - FUCK YOU
Negatives - FUCK YOU
No Opinion either way? FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU
If you say anything on Twitter that doesn't say they have the best away fans for example you get absolutely bombarded. Last week we had more fans at Northampton than they did at Salford and as a result we had days of their fans telling us why their following was better because of distance etc. Even the club itself are as bad trying to mock our away following before the New Years day game. At the same game I said I thought their new stand is a bit shit, because well it is and just received constant abuse about how it is actually the best new stand in the country because its based on some historical design. Other than Liverpool I've never seen a set of fans like it....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 18:27:16 »

Based on a very small sample size, every male who lives in Devon/Cornwall under the age of 30 who has never lived anywhere but their home town is a massive bellend. The whole region suffers from small town syndrome

I hope you're not being serious? I know plenty of people who live in Devon & Cornwall and while some may suffer from "closed mindedness", they definitely aren't all massive bellends and are some of the most thankless people who will go out their way to help someone.

They also understand a good sense of community. Something that has been lost in a lot of larger places. Ironically, a lot of people who move out of their hometown (nationally) become quite insular and have no regard for integrating or becoming part of a community.

Your claim is absurd.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 18:32:34 »

I think the first 7 words of Dave's post qualified his statement well enough.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 20:57:29 »

These days I barely look at any other footy sites, in the expectation that the elite TEF hacks will have covered every result of interest. So I am deeply disappointed that no one seems to have reported on Exeter's tragic extra-time defeat to Portsmouth last night in the Leasing.com Trophy semi-final, having taken the lead in the 89th minute.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51494122

Surely the heartbreak of missing out on their big day out at Wembley will inevitably derail the rest of their season. Poor lambs.

#thoughtsandprayers

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 21:00:35 »

I think the first 7 words of Dave's post qualified his statement well enough.

Ah, but "the whole region suffers from small town syndrome" comment is pretty unambiguous.

From somebody who's posted over 15,000 times in the largely partisan echo chamber of a local town football club, i guess he would know !

That said, totally agree with all the other well-observed comments re the snot and its support from Cornwall.  Clap

Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 21:05:42 »

These days I barely look at any other footy sites, in the expectation that the elite TEF hacks will have covered every result of interest. So I am deeply disappointed that no one seems to have reported on Exeter's tragic extra-time defeat to Portsmouth last night in the Leasing.com Trophy semi-final, having taken the lead in the 89th minute.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51494122

Surely the heartbreak of missing out on their big day out at Wembley will inevitably derail the rest of their season. Poor lambs.

#thoughtsandprayers

<cliche alert*

Concentrating on the league now, Froggy. Focus, focus.... !
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 21:08:22 »

<cliche alert*

Concentrating on the league now, Froggy. Focus, focus.... !

Well done for putting a brave face on it. Fingers crossed you still get your Wembley day out.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 21:24:26 »

Well done for putting a brave face on it. Fingers crossed you still get your Wembley day out.  Wink

A good run out for the kids, and it scared the beejaysus out of 'em !

Having been to Nou Wembley 4 times, similar to you I believe, and we usually lose at the soulless dump, very happy to give it a miss ! Argyle would fill the place, best they go.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 21:43:27 »

Salford win on pens. Another Tuesday night game
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 21:59:53 »

Salford win on pens. Another Tuesday night game

BUT those Welsh anti football fuckers will hopefully win fuck all again.

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 09:31:06 »

Having been to Nou Wembley 4 times, similar to you I believe, and we usually lose at the soulless dump, very happy to give it a miss !
Would be exactly the same in your shoes, no interest in going to Wembley for anything other than an FA Cup final (which Town win, obvs) or England games.
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 09:48:22 »

So unless the EFL let us bring the game forward the only date we will be able to play it would be Tuesday 21st April

So this will be our last home game. So until this is played it may leave us lower in the table!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: