Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The other lot in league 2 matchday thread 15.02.2020  (Read 64491 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:36:36 »

We *should* hopefully start building a bit of a gap between us and 4th in the next few games.
Plymouth have Cambridge who have won 4 on the bounce and Exeter have Northampton away. Crewe have Macc so let’s hope they can do the same as tonight.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:36:42 »

It's very tight, I just hope we start to turn the screw and put pressure on the other 3 who have to play each other (sort of)
Flashheart

« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:49:02 »

We *should* hopefully start building a bit of a gap between us and 2nd in the next few game !!!!!.

Even better.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:53:28 »

We *should* hopefully start building a bit of a gap between us and 4th in the next few games.

quote author=Flashheart link=topic=58095.msg1536842#msg1536842 date=1582061642]

We *should* hopefully start building a bit of a gap between us and 2nd in the next few games !!!!.
[/quote]

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:54:57 »

Sorry FH,   mucked that post up big time !!.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 22:05:03 »

Definitely a bonus. The wheels looked to have dropped right off at Macc in recent weeks.... if Macc drop out of the league before May it will make the top 4 a mess... as it stands we'd be on 60 with a GD of 18, behind Crewe with 60 and a GD of 20, but above Muff on 60 with a GD of 17. Exeter would be the big losers of 6 points down to 57.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 22:14:59 »

Definitely a bonus. The wheels looked to have dropped right off at Macc in recent weeks.... if Macc drop out of the league before May it will make the top 4 a mess... as it stands we'd be on 60 with a GD of 18, behind Crewe with 60 and a GD of 20, but above Muff on 60 with a GD of 17. Exeter would be the big losers of 6 points down to 57.

Macc will hold on til seasons end at least. It's not quite a Bury situation. Appreciate the concern but I don't think the scenario proposed above will be relevant.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 22:23:06 »

Don't they still have an outstanding case for not fulfilling fixtures ?,   they had  a 6 point deduction earlier in the season but I'm sure they have another case to answer.   Anyway even with another 6 points deducted they would still be 2 points ahead of Stevenage,  administration is the thing that would change it all around,  but as Bamboo said, hopefully that won't happen.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 09:21:52 »

Pleased for Macclesfield, a massive point in their relegation struggle.

Anyone else who profits from 'Muffs not winning is just a bonus. Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 09:35:43 »

Don't they still have an outstanding case for not fulfilling fixtures ?,   they had  a 6 point deduction earlier in the season but I'm sure they have another case to answer.   Anyway even with another 6 points deducted they would still be 2 points ahead of Stevenage,  administration is the thing that would change it all around,  but as Bamboo said, hopefully that won't happen.
I think the deduction was 6 points with 4 further points suspended.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 11:04:56 »

The Swindon v Plymouth Twitter spat heats up!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Swindon_Live/status/1229884891883589636?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&refsrc=email
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:05:07 »

Last summer I bemoaned the quality of Plymouth's pre-season dealings, stating that I envied some signings, and Argyle fans got in an awful tizz over that (misinterpreting what I had posted).

Plymouth need to go up otherwise their fans are going to go absolutely loco... I suspect they will be unhappy if they go up 2nd, 3rd or via Play-Offs too!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:17:10 »

Last summer I bemoaned the quality of Plymouth's pre-season dealings, stating that I envied some signings, and Argyle fans got in an awful tizz over that (misinterpreting what I had posted).

Plymouth need to go up otherwise their fans are going to go absolutely loco... I suspect they will be unhappy if they go up 2nd, 3rd or via Play-Offs too!
Plymouth fans remind me of Liverpool fans. A massive overinflated overinflated opinion of themselves and need everyone to be telling them how great they are. It's borderline insecurity.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:20:00 »

Based on a very small sample size, every male who lives in Devon/Cornwall under the age of 30 who has never lived anywhere but their home town is a massive bellend. The whole region suffers from small town syndrome

The Venn diagram of this segment and Plymouth fans would have quite a large overlap I imagine
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:23:17 by Bogus Dave » Logged

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:24:26 »

Plymouth fans remind me of Liverpool fans. A massive overinflated overinflated opinion of themselves and need everyone to be telling them how great they are. It's borderline insecurity.
Yep, way too big for this league etc etc.

Probably the biggest budget in this league, 2nd biggest average attendace and biggest away following average in this league.

Their fans expect to be going up as champions as Rich says, they always have been quite an arrogant set of fans, my step daughters cousins are all Plymouth fans and they seem to think they have a god given right to be in the Championship, their natural home...apparently.

Massive over inflated opinion of their self worth.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: