Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The other lot in league 2 matchday thread 15.02.2020  (Read 64484 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:26:35 »

I do wonder how much Input into the postponement Wellens had? If the PP was contrived then I’m all for it, a master stroke.
My first reaction to Mrs Taylor on hearing of the postponement was, "Wellens got his way then"... Yes

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18237849.swindon-town-manager-richie-wellens-insists-strong-gusts-caused-storm-dennis-postpone-games-avoid-farcical-play/
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:28:26 »

As a footballing side Crewe and Plymouth are up there with Swindon and streets ahead of Exeter and the following pack from what I have seen of us playing them and in highlights.

I would like Exeter to come up as they are my local league side so easy to get to, but I feel it will be the play offs for them.

“Streets ahead” ? To date we’ve taken 4 of the available 6 points from Crewe and Argyle, scoring 5 and conceding 1, you must have missed those particular highlights !

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:37:37 »

“Streets ahead” ? To date we’ve taken 4 of the available 6 points from Crewe and Argyle, scoring 5 and conceding 1, you must have missed those particular highlights !

crewe arguably play the more attractive football but have a tough run in and Exeter just don't know when they are beaten
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:39:17 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:53:49 »

I must have, I can only comment on what I have actually seen and I say it how I see it, no offence meant as you obvious think very highly of your own team, understandable so, but we only ever see the highlights on Quest and in the game we actually play, its rare to see a whole game involving the other teams in this league as so few are ever shown live by Sky etc.

Crewe and Plymouth were the only sides to match us footballing wise for me.

Some teams play well against certain teams, we cannot play well against Colchester, Newport or Cheltenham, but we have played well against almost all the rest.

Your boys obviously picked their game up against the bigger sides.

Footballing wise we outplayed Walsall yet you drew with them, you thrashed your neighbours but we struggled against them, you were mullered by Cambridge but we totally outplayed them in both games.

The league is very open and pretty much any team can on its day comfortably beat anyother team.

I still hold my view that for getting the ball down and playing good football Swindon, Crewe and Plymouth are easily the best I have seen.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 14:02:13 »

Some teams play well against certain teams, we cannot play well against Colchester, Newport or Cheltenham, but we have played well against almost all the rest.
I'd say the only team we haven't played well against out of those is Newport. We should have beaten both Colchester and Cheltenham as were by far the better team. Sloppy defending did for us.......Newport, yeah, we were shite. Conditions also a factor to consider, though, especially at Newport. Although I think we were pretty awful at home to them as well....
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 15:18:05 »

I’d back us in any of our remaining fixtures to be honest. We’ve beaten all the top teams since Christmas and taken apart 2 of the form teams in Port Vale and Northampton so I’ve no doubt we’ll continue in the same vein against the lesser teams. We play in an expansive way that creates a lot of chances so even if the struggling teams just come and sit in the odds of them being able to do that for 90 minutes is pretty slim. As the weather improves (hopefully) it will only play further into our hands.
REDBUCK

« Reply #96 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 16:52:12 »

Beware of Grimsby, unbeaten in 5 and Holloway as manager
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 19:27:07 »

I'd say the only team we haven't played well against out of those is Newport. We should have beaten both Colchester and Cheltenham as were by far the better team. Sloppy defending did for us.......Newport, yeah, we were shite. Conditions also a factor to consider, though, especially at Newport. Although I think we were pretty awful at home to them as well....

We were.  We were shite at Crewe,  too. Bloody belting in a load of other babes, mind.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #98 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 19:36:55 »

Beware of Grimsby, unbeaten in 5 and Holloway as manager
This, they are on a good run, a real upturn in form, they will probably bring about 500+ and always get behind their fishy team.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 19:53:57 »

I'm going to that game, I'll bring the tartare sauce
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 20:21:02 »

I'm going to that game, I'll bring the tartare sauce

I have some lovely Sicilian lemons. A squeeze of juice over the fish will go nicely. The rest can be given to the naysayers to suck on.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 04:19:20 »

‘Squeeze me lemon, til the juice runs down my leg’
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:03:20 »

I went to the Amalfi coast for a wedding a couple of years ago in August (fucking roasting) and the lemons there were the size of king edwards! Mahooosive fuckers!

Beautiful Limoncello out there.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:23:02 »

Bob's lemon  Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 11:20:32 »

Beautiful Limoncello out there.

Had some lovely smooth Limoncello in one of the Towns around Lake Garda and then some more "acquired" Grappa!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: