Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The other lot in league 2 matchday thread 15.02.2020  (Read 64490 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 10:07:35 »

Understandable 'opinion', considering the other two have beaten you this season, as you've beaten them. That said, no other team, yet, has taken 4 points or more from us as you've done already. The first game quite evenly matched and the second neither side being particularly 'impressive' due to the strong wind, although you coped far better.

By rights yourselves and <spit> Argyle should be a given, with Crewe and ourselves scrapping for third place, but as the man once said. "it's a funny old game, Saint".  Cheesy

I would put you before Plymouth as they've been indifferent throughout the season where you have always been consistent. Crewe have a really hard run in so it may be them that miss out but there's still 39 points to play for. As for the play offs Port Vale have run into some form where as Salford have picked up a little and could make a late run and Colchester and Northampton have started to wobble and Cheltenham have been our bogey team for a few years so can't be overlooked as we play them home over Easter
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 10:23:56 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 10:25:21 »

Understandable 'opinion', considering the other two have beaten you this season, as you've beaten them. That said, no other team, yet, has taken 4 points or more from us as you've done already. The first game quite evenly matched and the second neither side being particularly 'impressive' due to the strong wind, although you coped far better.

By rights yourselves and <spit> Argyle should be a given, with Crewe and ourselves scrapping for third place, but as the man once said. "it's a funny old game, Saint".  Cheesy

I have nothing to back up my opinion other than the games I’ve seen of the other 3. That, and the remaining fixtures for everybody. I suppose there’s a possibility it may well be us that drops out of the autos but, again, our remaining fixtures would deem that unlikely.

It’s the fixtures where you play Argyle and Crewe that could give us an advantage - a bit more so with the number of games left diminishing.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #77 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 10:35:08 »

Not the best of days but still top
I avoided any scores until the games were long over as it would have frustrated me watching the scores come in.

11 points clear of 'Fampton in 8th place on the same number of games.

If 'Muff win their game in hand they will go top on goal difference with 3 teams on 63 point, but they still have to win it! I would rathe rhave points on the board than games in hand.

Still glad to still be top even though we didn't play, could have been worse.

Doesn't get much tighter at the top.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:05:55 »

I avoided any scores until the games were long over as it would have frustrated me watching the scores come in.

11 points clear of 'Fampton in 8th place on the same number of games.

If 'Muff win their game in hand they will go top on goal difference with 3 teams on 63 point, but they still have to win it! I would rathe rhave points on the board than games in hand.

Still glad to still be top even though we didn't play, could have been worse.

Doesn't get much tighter at the top.

Only if they win by 5 clear goals surely? Their GD is 17 at the moment I believe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:09:00 »

Only if they win by 5 clear goals surely? Their GD is 17 at the moment I believe.
Yeah 4-0 would put them on equal goals scored/conceded/difference as us, I looked quickly and thought it was 2 goal.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #80 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:25:30 »

I see their game in hand is being played on Tuesday away at Macclesfield, so a 4-0 win is actually possible given their position in the table. Macclesfield have picked up just 1 point from the last 5 games.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:30:23 »

I have nothing to back up my opinion other than the games I’ve seen of the other 3. That, and the remaining fixtures for everybody. I suppose there’s a possibility it may well be us that drops out of the autos but, again, our remaining fixtures would deem that unlikely.

It’s the fixtures where you play Argyle and Crewe that could give us an advantage - a bit more so with the number of games left diminishing.

With the injuries we've had along with extreme wind recently it's been a great leveler but give Wellens a full squad and decent pitches in March then we become a real force again and will no doubts give one or two teams a hammering
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:49:38 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:38:10 »

I see their game in hand is being played on Tuesday away at Macclesfield, so a 4-0 win is actually possible given their position in the table. Macclesfield have picked up just 1 point from the last 5 games.

Highly likely, but Macclesfield only lost by a late goal to Exeter on Saturday so fingers crossed.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:41:00 »

Highly likely, but Macclesfield only lost by a late goal to Exeter on Saturday so fingers crossed.
Yeah they don't ship masses of goals lately but Plymouth are on a high and Macc less so.

Still we can keep our fingers crossed for an unlikely upset.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #84 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:42:55 »

As a footballing side Crewe and Plymouth are up there with Swindon and streets ahead of Exeter and the following pack from what I have seen of us playing them and in highlights.

I would like Exeter to come up as they are my local league side so easy to get to, but I feel it will be the play offs for them.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 12:06:16 »

With the injuries we've had along with extreme wind recently it's been a great leveler but give Wellens a full squad and decent pitches in March then we become a real force again and will no doubts give one or two teams a hammering

I agree wholeheartedly with is comment. We have a team that plays good football, certainly at our level and the better weather and pitches are just around the corner for us to take advantage of.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 12:08:37 »

I agree wholeheartedly with is comment. We have a team that plays good football, certainly at our level and the better weather and pitches are just around the corner for us to take advantage of.

Spot on and Wellens would be very aware of this hence happy not to play yesterday

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 12:30:49 »

Spot on and Wellens would be very aware of this hence happy not to play yesterday

I do wonder how much Input into the postponement Wellens had? If the PP was contrived then I’m all for it, a master stroke.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:08:52 »

The big question mark for me hangs over Crewe, largely out of ignorance I must admit but do they have the experience to hold their nerve? I know they have youngsters with a lot of appearances but does that equate to the mental toughness of someone a little older for this run in?

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:19:49 »

Reg Minor here.

If we were the ones to drop into the playoffs, how about being joined by Bradford, Colchester and Newport?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: