Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The other lot in league 2 matchday thread 15.02.2020  (Read 64493 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 20:44:42 »

We all know those scrapping to stay up are often the toughest opponents, especially at home, and at the business end. 4 relegation battlers to face on their own patch on the run in, won’t be easy for you at all.

I know what you mean, but there's only 1 going down this season and they are pretty much out of it already. Other teams at the bottom won't be as desperate as they usually would.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 20:48:48 »

I know what you mean, but there's only 1 going down this season and they are pretty much out of it already. Other teams at the bottom won't be as desperate as they usually would.

Now you’ve ruined my evening.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 21:48:32 »

On seeing the 3 other contenders, I’ve got to say Exeter are the least impressive. When 1 falls away, it’ll be them.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 21:56:55 »

On seeing the 3 other contenders, I’ve got to say Exeter are the least impressive. When 1 falls away, it’ll be them.

Depends when you’ve seen them. Fans of Colchester, Newport or Bradford won’t rate us much.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 22:14:40 »

I’ve seen them play us. What other criteria am I likely to use?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 22:31:02 »

Depends when you’ve seen them. Fans of Colchester, Newport or Bradford won’t rate us much.
Bet they'd gladly swop places with us though.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 00:48:13 »

I’ve seen them play us. What other criteria am I likely to use?

I don’t know, the fact they’re second in the league with the least goals conceded. All fans do it, but I’m not sure judging any team purely on your own team’s games against them is a very good indicator of their quality over a season.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 01:14:53 »

It’s called an opinion
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 02:08:47 »

It’s called an opinion

I’ve come across these before. They tend to need heavy reality-testing.

Flashheart

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 02:14:29 »

It's a bit fucking angsty in here today, innit?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 02:25:57 »

It's a bit fucking angsty in here today, innit?

Only among those who’ve just got up and those still to go to bed now.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 05:37:02 »

I’ve got another opinion as well - but you’d probably not want to hear that one either.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 05:58:54 »

I’ve got another opinion as well - but you’d probably not want to hear that one either.

On the contrary, but be prepared for someone to challenge it.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 07:42:19 »

Well my opinion is this - Yes, it is as tight as the proverbial gnat's chuff at the top. There are four teams there who deserve to go up automatically but only 3 can.

The good news is that we are at the front of that group, albeit there will only be a fag paper between us if muff win on Tuesday as we have to expect them to do.

You have to think though that the massive effort and investment that went into the squad in the January window will gradually pay off as the season grinds on and we enter the home stretch. I've been convinced since early September that we're the best team in the league and I still believe that.

I am sure this will be reflected in the league table at 5.00pm on the 25th April*

*I'll still gladly take 2nd or 3rd if offered it now!
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 10:01:40 »

Understandable 'opinion', considering the other two have beaten you this season, as you've beaten them. That said, no other team, yet, has taken 4 points or more from us as you've done already. The first game quite evenly matched and the second neither side being particularly 'impressive' due to the strong wind, although you coped far better.

By rights yourselves and <spit> Argyle should be a given, with Crewe and ourselves scrapping for third place, but as the man once said. "it's a funny old game, Saint".  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: