Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 115549 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 12:45:54 »

Keshi from the bench I think.

Rumour that Hunt was out on Saturday, no idea what with. If so, I'd bring Baudry back in, Fryers LB.

We're so much better with Lyden alongside Grant, Doughty at 10 then Doyle, Yates, DJ/Isgrove.

Apparently Lyden was going to miss the game as well.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #211 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 12:59:25 »

I'm nervous, I won't be attending and I find the radio commentary difficult to follow. Be back for Saturday
Yeah watch it on iFollow £10 in the UK tomorrow.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 17:07:21 »

Started reading this thread from beginning and was thinking "Jeez yet more bad weather, why the hell wasn't this on the news?"

Then I noticed thread was already onto page 15.

Not my finest moment.

Looking forward to game, don't often make it to evening games.

Got to be confident.

3-0  Doyle back amongst the goals.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 21:54:09 »

Swindon 17/20 to beat Forest Green on Saturday.  I think that’s generous odds considering the form both teams are in. Granted Swindon have to play tomorrow so maybe a little more tired come Saturday but should still have enough to win the game.

I bet we drop points now !
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 09:49:42 »

I’m looking forward to tonight’s game.
Slightly different dynamic for a Tuesday in that we had no game Saturday, also the recent win at Northampton has allayed the myth that we don’t do well on a Tuesday.
Hopefully  tonight we can also demonstrate that we have a good team who are not handicapped  without the “assistance of our wind tunnel” (IMO this is the most ridiculous quote heard from a loser since Fergie’s grey shirts one!).
This won’t be a pushover - they came from behind twice to draw at Port Vale on Saturday, but apparently have injuries to strikers. I think we will get a win and a welcome clean sheet. 2-0. Crowd probably below what we might have got on the original date - around 7,200.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 09:57:28 »

Pre game thoughts of Scunny fans...

Dare not think about the result, we should be giving the players a bit more license to play more proactive football seeing we should be safe in these last few games to give supporters something to look forward to next season after a nightmare February to August last year.
Not expecting anything tomorrow but the pressure should be on them and not us so let’s give it a go.

For once I don’t mind if Captain Cautious goes with his favoured 5-4-1 formation.
When you are away at the best footballing team in the League and you can get 5 to 1 on winning a 2 horse race then a heroic scrappy draw is a good thing.
It’s when he does it at home against poor teams it’s a problem.

Just do not think that there is anything we can get from this long visit to Swindon, they are top of the League for a reason, and fear a 3-1 beating, it could even be more!!, I give us one goal, but this will come from either John JMcAtee or young Gilliead, that is assuming that KVV and Eisa are declared unfit, which appears to be a near certainty with the Scunthorpe players this term.

I’d take a point now, maybe the wind will get up at half time and the Swindon lads will run off screaming, we know how sensitive they are about playing in wind

Stand off them, line up defensively and invite them on it could be a very long night.
Get at them push them back as much as possible then we have a chance. The late Ron Ashman in his second spell when we were struggling told the players to get the ball into the oppositions penalty area as often and as quick as possible. WHY – we have a chance of scoring and the opponents don’t !!
Simple.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 13:46:06 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:04:02 »

Really feel we're gonna lose today. No idea why.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:11:00 »

Really feel we're gonna lose today. No idea why.
Its that playing on a Tuesday feeling that we often get!

I see they recon it could be down to 2 or 3 above freezing come 9pm tonight, gonna be a cold one.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:15:13 »

Reckon we'll be well on it after Saturday's postponement. 4-0 win.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:34:15 »

Win. 2-0

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:34:47 »

So if we do win tonight is that classed as back to back Saturday/Tuesday home wins as both games will be technically consecutive home games 1 on a Saturday and the next game a Tuesday? Hmmm

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:45:16 »

7-0
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:49:06 »

So if we do win tonight is that classed as back to back Saturday/Tuesday home wins as both games will be technically consecutive home games 1 on a Saturday and the next game a Tuesday? Hmmm

Not quite the same is it.... which is just as well as you'd need to go back to halcyon PdC days, early Div 3 in Aug 12, to find the last example, when we beat Franchise and Baggage Handlers, back to back Sat/Tuesday.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 12:28:44 »

What time do they open the TE gates these days. Got a mate who might want to sneak in for the last 5..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 12:33:36 »

What time do they open the TE gates these days. Got a mate who might want to sneak in for the last 5..
What time does your mate finish dancing classes with your his wife?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: