Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 114492 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:26:23 »

Not for the first time a poor performance but a very good score line and win. You could tell they were rusty but as Welles’s said 2nd half was so much better.

Our passing and creativity was well off the mark but we had 4/5 real moments of quality and we scored from 2 of them. Doughty mom again so brilliant through balls, wish he would pull the trigger the odd time himself.

There was a previous game where the opposition let Zakuani be free on goal kickers and then under pressure it would get mis-passed or hoofed. This is how scunny lined up with Broadbent and for the first 25 it worked. not necessarily due to broadbent either but of the back 4 he is probably the 4th choice to play out. Doughty though came left back for most goal kicks and began to control and switch the game.

Scunthorpe had chances but Benda wasn’t worked bar one outstretched save which possibly was wide. the win was very important who cares how we play let’s get it done.

The good thing about this team is we can carry players not on form and it doesn’t effect the result. DJ and Yates were very very quiet- even isgrove for me is still lacking for the majority.

Admiral aka the new Adebayo is massively off a starting place it’s scary.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:49:31 »

Admiral aka the new Adebayo is massively off a starting place it’s scary.

Do you mean:

a. because he is good but there is so much competition that he doesn't get a look in.
b. because he isn't very good.

I assume the latter?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:52:11 »

Lyden out for the season but signing a new deal
Sorry, but I always question whether this is 'Tansmedia'!

I saw someone say that he had a foot injury. Do we know more?

That will be a bit of a blow I would have thought as we seem to be much better with than without him.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:53:11 »

From what I've seen he's a bit "raw".
Not currently playing at L2 standard, but that's not to say getting more experience won't rectify that and more.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:54:11 »

I saw someone say that he had a foot injury. Do we know more?

Lyden out for season with something or other that needs an op. Picked up on astro-turf in training (Wellens, BBC Wilts post match)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:56:20 »

Do you mean:

a. because he is good but there is so much competition that he doesn't get a look in.

I assume the latter?

yes definitely b. Sometimes due their reputation at the parent club and how much Welles’s liked him I expected more. I haven’t seen one glimpse yet but it might be game needed. He was played through last night and had a 10 yard touch out of play. Haven’t seen a shot. Might be leathal!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:20:13 »

Do you mean:

I assume the latter?

He's nothing like Adebayo either, why did you pick him as a comparison?

He's played about 45 minutes of league football, nothing like giving a guy a chance is there!! Also quoted the wrong person NMH! Sorry! Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:24:04 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:20:44 »

I presume that the promise of one is one reason why Wellens signed a new contract.

Someone rumouring Power may be off at the end of the season - with £12m in his arse pocket. Can’t see him going just yet and certainly not getting £12m for the club.

As the club's total losses are c.£!3m on the latest results I assume just getting back what he is putting in to keep us as a going concern.

Did anyone else see Kieran Maguire the football finance expert published a summary of the accounts.

Swindon Town lost nearly £1.7 million in 2018/19 taking total losses to almost £13 million #STFC https://t.co/6FJ23TC2yl

Swindon total borrowings ⬇️ £800k mainly due to repayments to Lee Power #STFC https://t.co/sbFPTWM8fd
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:20:56 »

There was a time, not that long ago, when being faced with a team sat deep in their own half would have seen us struggle to break them down.
Now I feel that it’s just a matter of time.

So what is the best approach against us at home?
Maybe a higher press to try and force the mistake when playing out from the back.
The misplaced pass under pressure or being caught in possession in our own half has often looked to have been the oppositions best hope, but then comes the lack of quality to take advantage or some good recovery play.

Their number 20 Gilliead looked a decent player.

Good turnout for a chilly Tuesday evening as well.

Should be a very different game on Saturday assuming that FGR still favour a possession based approach.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:36:20 »

When you consider the weather we have had, the pitch looks bloody good.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:38:14 »

From what I've seen he's a bit "raw".
Not currently playing at L2 standard, but that's not to say getting more experience won't rectify that and more.

That's how I would describe him, raw but you can tell there is something very good there and he is a decent impact sub, made a real difference when he cam on at Carlisle, albeit sadly with no end product.

The actually odd one out seems to be Hope who I assume was purchased as a Doyle/Yates replacement and now seems a little surplus already.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:48:15 »

He's nothing like Adebayo either, why did you pick him as a comparison?

He's played about 45 minutes of league football, nothing like giving a guy a chance is there!! Also quoted the wrong person NMH! Sorry! Smiley

Your being sensitive. I said he is massively off a starting place and he is- no one can dispute that.
To me his touch and style of play reminds of Adebayo?

I'm not writing the lad off. Again. I am saying he is massively off a starting place. better options on the bench.   
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:49:45 »

Lyden out for season with something or other that needs an op. Picked up on astro-turf in training (Wellens, BBC Wilts post match)
Ankle injury, needs operating, hasn't played enough games to trigger automatic option to extend but Wellens intends to offer him another year anyway to honour the spirit of the initial offer.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:50:55 »

Your being sensitive. I said he is massively off a starting place and he is- no one can dispute that.
To me his touch and style of play reminds of Adebayo?

I'm not writing the lad off. Again. I am saying he is massively off a starting place. better options on the bench.  

And he hasn't started a game so the club have it pretty spot on then, he was only ever going to be an impact sub unless D or Y got injured.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:54:35 »

And he hasn't started a game so the club have it pretty spot on then, he was only ever going to be an impact sub unless D or Y got injured.

So why is everyone jumping on the comment like I have said something outrageous? I wrote loads about last night. some people just want an argument when there isn't one to be had.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: